Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

i already have but whats the point of creating a mod folder to put 2 addons in anyway i supose im going to have to

or you can create a new folder in operation flashpoint that you'll rename @myaddons then you'll make a new addons folder in your @myaddons one , do a shortcut too and put this in the properties :

Quote[/b] ]"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=@myaddons

then you'll can be able to try your addons avoiding problems with FFUR and with other mods too using kinda duplicate addons.

Regards

TB84

A quick note : unlike any kind of unofficial addons you can install the "enhanced editor" from my signature in the BIS res\addons or addons folders, the nature of it will not cause problems anywhere with any mods.

But to be sure you will minimize problems when using mods, you should never install any unofficial addons in the addons or res\addons default BIS folders.

Use mod folders as much as you can.

Quote[/b] ]A quick note : unlike any kind of unofficial addons you can install the "enhanced editor" from my signature in the BIS res\addons or addons folders, the nature of it will not cause problems anywhere with any mods.

Yes , you are right cuz FFUR doesn't use BIS resource wink_o.gif

but it'd be better to be careful being organized smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

I get "Addon RHS_Crew requires addon RHS_CrewModels" then CTD with error: "cannot load world 'worlds\intro.wrp'"

very nice installer, although i already have all the addons in there, no error messages running FFUR and llaumax in separate folder.

a couple of bugs found: v80 camera while zoomed in; silenced AKMB shoots way too high

wow why not just stick to one installer they where differnt each time the otheres where fine dident have to have the sky pack do it ur self thing just was there confused_o.gif but ur work is vary good just that installer gets me ;)what is up with this moveing folders here and there to get this to work man looks like hell crazy_o.gif g the 3.5 was not like this or the others what happen confused_o.gif u have to move this make sure this and blaaa and on on why dident u just keep it all in one and simple as 3.5 and the others. the installer wouldent make the game good the installer does not do that the game it self does that the installer does one thing ur not playing it or seeing it all the time just onec.

Congratulations this would be a reakly great mod if OFP didn't crash all the time. It is realy sad because the time before the crash is realy great and the game runs realy smooth it seems it has made my clean OFP run better for some reason. I don't know what the problem but just as the game runs it goes black and makes an erreor in FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE windows says. sad_o.gif

hope there is a way to fix this cause the thrill to se a russian granade bouncing past your face and knowing your gonna die is funny enough realy great.

STGN

Congrats on finally 5.0 finished. I have an problem though. For some reason I can not get this to install correctly sad_o.gif .  I have tried three times with a clean OFP directory and no go.  The only thing that gets changed is the music.  I see in shortcut for the mod that a mod folder FFUR should be created in the ofp directory but this does not happen.  Any thoughts are appreciated.

FFUR deleted the worlds from the OFP "worlds" folder!

ya mine to wtf do i have to install all over wtf mad_o.gifbanghead.gif

I have no duplicates in addons, I have used mod folders from day 1. However, I am getting more lockups than ctds...like a computer "Brain freeze" but they aren't completely random. They happen when usually a script of some sort is about to initialize, like so far one has happened right as a chopper hit the ground and was about to explode, and another one happened right as i shot a soviet soldier from 10 feet away.

<span style='color:red'>I am sad to say these lockups and ctds are show-stoppers sad_o.gif They make this mod completely unplayable sad_o.gif Playing the resistance campaign i get at least 1 lockup per mission, forcing me to restart my computer.</span>

I have also found most of these are related to script errors. It locks up when a script is about to initialize.

also, another note; I don't like the way every single parachute was replaced by a HALO one. It is unrealistic and kinda annoying the way in a paratrooper mission every single paratrooper has a HALO chute.

not for me i have mixed if i create some chutes and move in my players and im a black op day i got the HALO chute but my men got the normal kind

LISTEN ALL , THE MAIN SOURCES OF YOUR BUGS OCCUR BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE SAME ADDONS IN YOUR ADDONS FOLDERS THAN IN FFUR , YOU MUST , I REPEAT , YOU MUST HAVE ONLY

BIS STUFF IN YOUR ADDONS FOLDERS

, IF YOU WANT TO USE EXTRA ADDONS , SO JUST CARRY OUT MOD FOLDERS.

Quote[/b] ]"Addon RHS_Crew requires addon RHS_CrewModels" then CTD with error: "cannot load world 'worlds\intro.wrp'"

answer :::::::::>

-PLEASE check and make sure you don't have duplicates of any addons used by FFUR also in your regular or Res\addons folders!.

THE FFUR V5.0 DOESN'T REPLACE ANY BIS STUFF , IT DOESN'T OVERWRITE BIS ISLANDS, THERE IS A NEW DESERT ISLAND BUT CAN GET USED ONLY WITH THE FFUR MOD, WHICH IS A GOOD THING.

Quote[/b] ]I am sad to say these lockups and ctds are show-stoppers sad_o.gif They make this mod completely unplayable sad_o.gif Playing the resistance campaign i get at least 1 lockup per mission, forcing me to restart my computer.

Please again and again ---->

-PLEASE check and make sure you don't have duplicates of any addons used by FFUR also in your regular or Res\addons folders!.

Quote[/b] ]also, another note; I don't like the way every single parachute was replaced by a HALO one. It is unrealistic and kinda annoying the way in a paratrooper mission every single paratrooper has a HALO chute.

People asked for that , I've carried it out...

Damn I'm becoming crazy...Please before to post an error or something.

Be sure that you have read carefully how each thing's work.

The FFUR mod needs a clean OFP

The gameplay is wonderfull, but those constant CTDs are real pain in the a$$... banghead.gif

With the fixed low-end config i had a lot of script errors and eventual CTD on the first combat mission of the original campaing sad_o.gif

But again, the new gameplay is just... Oh, well inlove.gif

I have a clean addon folders of course...

your ctds are really weird , I still don't know their sources cuz there are more than 6 people who tried the mod and haven't reported anything of this way...

as I said , and I'm still repeating it again...please ::::>

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>-PLEASE check and make sure you don't have duplicates of any addons used by FFUR also in your regular(operation flashpoint/addons) or Res\addons folders!.</span></span>

in other words , you must have a clean OFP

THE FFUR V5.0 DOESN'T REPLACE ANY BIS STUFF , IT DOESN'T OVERWRITE BIS ISLANDS, THERE IS A NEW DESERT ISLAND BUT CAN GET USED ONLY WITH THE FFUR MOD, WHICH IS  A GOOD THING.

Well, it certainly deleted the files out of my "worlds" folder. I had backups in a separate folder but they are missing ground textures for some reason.

Are you sure it is not the uninstall procedure of a previous version of this ffur mod that deleted your wrp ?

Because this new version of the ffur mod does not touch any of the BIS folders.

EDIT: I think thunderbird was right, i just deleted an effectpack.pbo which I didn't notice in my RES folder. I'll try playing the game now and see if i get any more ctds.

i noticed something with the ctd issue...almost every time it happened it is related to death. Like when I kill someone it crashes sometimes, or if someone dies in a crash...it could be related to the blood script.

I repeat , NO , It doesn't replace any BIS stuff , I just tried OFP without FFUR and I still see BIS island.

Quote[/b] ]i noticed something with the ctd issue...almost every time it happened it is related to death. Like when I kill someone it crashes sometimes, or if someone dies in a crash...it could be related to the blood script.

Be sure that you don't have "OFPEC_blood" somewhere in Res/addons , or Operation Flashpoint/addons

Ok now I understand a bit more the source of the current problems which occur , as sanctuary said , you have deleted the old FlashFxUR folder by using the old uninstaller which was bad cuz once applied , it erases all OFP stuff , (islands too) , if you still have the old FlashFxUR , don't use the uninstaller , just delete it by erasing it.

Now , look at this please, you must ONLY HAVE THOSE ADDONS IN YOUR Operation Flashpoint/addons , Res/addons folders :

sanstitre22zx.jpg

and you must have these following addons in your FFUR/addons folder :

ffur5addons2so4sg.jpg

your ctds are really weird , I still don't know their sources cuz there are more than 6 people who tried the mod and haven't reported anything of this way...

as I said , and I'm still repeating it again...please ::::>

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>-PLEASE check and make sure you don't have duplicates of any addons used by FFUR also in your regular(operation flashpoint/addons) or Res\addons folders!.</span></span>

in other words , you must have a clean OFP

WHY most u have an clean one ur 3.5 had nothing like this why most u do this why? that means u can only run this mod huh.gif why did u not just do it like 3.5 why errr why so many problems with this one so many banghead.gif could u make an patch for this and make it as the 3.5 like it ran or is that out in left filed confused_o.gif why is this like this it seems more complicated and way more crazyer and buggggggys then ur others whats happen help.gif and ur saying people that had this OFP for years and ya they got addons in there folder ur saying to start over and then install mad_o.gif and after that u cant use other addons in this mod huh.gif  help.gif

OK but what if a original BIS addon has the same name. eg bizon whistle.gif

Anyway, There seems to be no exact event that triggers those CTDs as they occur pretty random, at least it looks this way...

Maybe it's Tonal anims folder...