Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

in the next patch how about getting soldiers to shut up sure there meant to talk and insult the enemy you said but all they say is things like

Everyone out

forward

go go go

thats all really but they dont shut up.

also when i copied over written the talking and surrendering config to the one without soldiers still talked ?

yeah they panic , but if you check a bit more carefully the bin folde r then you'll find a suited config for ya wink_o.gif

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FFUR\Bin\FFUR 5.0 Configs\Single Game Configs\Powerful Single Configs\POWERFUL without TALKING-SURRENDERING

wink_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Well just downloaded and installed... overall nice work guys!

Unfortunately some bugs appeared in a begin with... when starting OFP with FFUR mod i get this error

No entry "config.bin/cfgweapons.ZuCannon"

This error appears just before main GUI should start. What i did is... i just checked the error box and then intro and music start.

This error appears every time i start OFP with FFUR.

All other OFP mods i've installed in my computer works fine. Any ideas ?

I also checked addon folders for duplicate and deleted them if existed ...but it didn't help.

Then the other error which appeared when playing CWC campaign...

check this link

i think thats becuase you didnt chose wich config yo wanted have alook in the readme under installation it should tell you what to do there

Yeah because maybe you have duplicate addons , you have the same addons in FFUR than in other BIS Addons folders.

I haven't noticed that though and any beta tester hasn't found something like this.plus until now nobody had this ..

Check your folder and keep me informed.

edit :

Quote[/b] ]i think thats becuase you didnt chose wich config yo wanted have alook in the readme under installation it should tell you what to do there

yeah ,Maybe too wink_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Ok get it going after re downloading it. First : Great Pack, its realistic like it should be. i dont like the shouting all the time but well another config. The Crossthing is ummm.... . But the effects and all other thiungs are great. I have found a lttle bug, it seems that the abramsturret has no sound when it turns. But that maybee only occur at me . crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] it seems that the abramsturret has no sound when it turns

Some people seem to be really perfectionist tounge2.gif

you're right bud , it's not really a bug but a sound'd be added for the incoming patch though wink_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Hi thunderbird84 smile_o.gif

Do you know why i got problem with my sniper model in your FFUR mod? I have post some pic some page back if you want to have a look smile_o.gif

Btw... You have done a realy realy nice/good work on this pack TB84 wink_o.gif

Keep up the good work smile_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper

Okey, I recovered all worlds by grabbing them in the dta folder ... OFP works fine again wink_o.gif

However, again, TBird could you please tell me where to get the replacement islands that you have been using in previous version of FFUR ? (they were gone with uninstall of FFUR4.5).

Last question : how to make sure that SkyPack is installed ? What file, what version and which folder ?

Thanx a bunch !!

yeah i looked in the readme and it didnt say how to install the sky pack

To install the sky pack , you have to extract the following files from FFUR/Sky Textures to the FFUR folder ,

install.bat

bin

newdata

then launch the "install" and let it do wink_o.gif

btw I'll do ASAP a pack regrouping all the used islands for the FFUR 3.5 smile_o.gif

Yep , the installation of the sky isn't mentioned in the readme cuz it was expected that the FFUR pack once installed would suggest you to install the sky or not , but the script of this comand in the installer hasn't worked unfortunately , I'm sure that our proud manager'd fix it for the incoming patch wink_o.gif

Finally I've got the T-80BV from RHS biggrin_o.gif, but when I get in as driver and hit the "numpad 0" button in order to look out the 'scopes OFP crashes to the deskbord. confused_o.gif

I've only experienced it whit this tank so far... thumbs-up.gif

I confirm this problem, it occurs with the T80BV every time you move in driver and try to use the driver optics.

I don't find anything wrong in this russian T80 class definition in the config .

this bug touch only this rhs T80, no other tanks.

also when im a sniper and zoom in on my m21 scope it wont allow me to zoom back out ? is this a bug or something wrong on my end

Finally I've got the T-80BV from RHS biggrin_o.gif, but when I get in as driver and hit the "numpad 0" button in order to look out the 'scopes OFP crashes to the deskbord. confused_o.gif

I've only experienced it whit this tank so far... thumbs-up.gif

I confirm this problem, it occurs with the T80BV every time you move in driver and try to use the driver optics.

I don't find anything wrong in this russian T80 class definition in the config .

this bug touch only this rhs T80, no other tanks.

To check a theory, i quickly replaced in a default BIS config the BIS T80 model by the rhs/csla T80 model (so no additional scripts graphics etc...)

And ingame there is the exact same problem : a direct crash to desktop without error message as soon as you try to use the optics in driver position of such T80.

My conclusion is that it has nothing to do with a config setting, but something (a selection ?) is missing in the model .p3d itself or wrongly defined (always in the .p3d) .

As this model seems to be used in csla mod too, it is important to report it to them too, as there is a problem in this .p3d and without correction of the .p3d , it will always crash.

Very nice mod, just finished playing it.

The only thing I can really complain about is:

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO EVERON AND MALDEN!

They're gone, or at least not in the Mission Editing list!

It's probably my fault, I deleted some stuff from my addons folder before installing it. So just to be safe could someone post me the name of the .pbo files that contain Everon and Malden.

this mod is great, thanks for the tip to fix that problem above smile_o.gif

However, i am having some problems...some minor lag on the first mission in the 85 campaign "flashpoint" but it is still playable and this isn't really a big problem.

The real problem is i am getting lockups and ctds relatively frequently. reading back i see others are having the same problem, but i have no idea what could be causing this.

open up your cd and explore in it and its under worlds i think called everon and malden if not its probaly eden and abel

this happened to me aswell but i didnt have ffur5.0 then so i think it was caused when i uninstalled ffur 4.5 but who knows

Quote[/b] ]The real problem is i am getting lockups and ctds relatively frequently

me too especially when i try the mission editor also to be truthull the note book and the single player book with all the missions in arent very attractive now are they no real detail in them just green and the plan book in missions whats that potractor or big thing covering the page so i cant see and i cant click through it so ive only got some small space to work with

Well, Ill give it a try to see if it stands to all the hype. And to see if the lag has actually been reduced.

Ill tell a friend to put it on a cd and get it from him later on and give it a try.

Yeah , I'll report the T-80 problem to CSLA , I haven't noticed it before though . Btw when have you got a CTD ?

Be sure that you don't have the same addons in the FFUR addons folder than in your Res/addons or Operation Flashpoint/addons.

That's the most important thing.

CTDs when you do open the Briefing Book ? that's really weird...but why haven't the six people who tried the pack met this problem though ? confused_o.gif

I don't have any CTD though, please , if you have any CTD explain EXACTLY when and which addons you were using when it occured.

That will maybe help me.

well okay then they mostly ocur when im loading a mission it seems to be any mission, i only have the editor update 102 and some large editor wich gives me the ecp editor in the normal game and their in my ofp addons folder for my other addons i use a mod folder wich isnt used when playing ffur 5.0 last time i tried and it ran a ctd on one of my addon free missions wthin the editor wich is where i get the most ctd's

also im using the powerfull config without body explosions and ai talking and surrendering and i have the sky patch enebled.

SO THAT IS TOTALLY LOGICAL THAT YOU HAVE A CTD

you must have ONLY BIS STUFF IN THE ORIGINAL FILES, you must remove THE EDITOR UPGRATE 102 FROM THE ADDONS FOLDERS OF BIS BECAUSE THE FFUR MOD USES IT , and USE BIS EDITOR.

please man , read carefully again the first page , and especially the section "information".

Please people , look , better to HAVE A CLEAN OFP before to install the FFUR mod, or to have at least a clean BIS addons folders with only BIS stuff.

if you wanna try an extra stuff , just create a new folder in operation flashpoint that you'll use to put on it the addons from a mod .

and again please :::::::::>

Quote[/b] ]-PLEASE check and make sure you don't have duplicates of any addons used by FFUR also in your regular or Res\addons folders!.

so im going to have to move these addons back and forth into the addons folder when i want to play normal ofp ?

just use shortcuts from opf res for everything, dont put any files in res addons