Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

i defenitley agree to the last part... now its just too cluttered, i have a hard time finding the basic BIS units (those who are replaced) among all addons....

that's the one i prefer too, a clean editor causes no misunderstandings

I only use the HYK/men and the others. Only because of their sounds. Mainly the m16. With the BIS "MEN" the M16 is tool loud and doesnt sound correct in burst or Auto modes. the 556 and 223 have more of a "SNAP" sound and not a "POW" sound. Maybe leave them in and put them under the "MEN" class with the same labels.. Working with the mission editor hasnt been confusing at all. I think you could save yourself the time and leave that part alone. Its not that big a deal..

Thanx for your hard work TB

Pinch...

One single exe file to install all the required addons, islands and other goodies ...

Yeeaah, just do it   biggrin_o.gif

There are some cool high rez Malden, Everon and Kolgujev with Nogova objects. That would be cool. And don't forget Sarugao. That one is the best! Keep the good work TB biggrin_o.gif

are there any other mirrors for version 3.0 than those listed in the first post ?

ok got it from one of the listed mirror.

but one little thing. the EAST Officer and Pilot... both are using a makarov handgun.

why not replacing the ironsight texture. I had one in my pack !

and I released my PK and AK47 sights, too.

the Ak74 sight won't fit but the PK perhaps.

http://www.adan0s.de/benus/AK.PK.sights.(benus).PAA.TGA.rar

see the left side:

3.jpg

ben bravo ^pour le boulot !!!!

je suis tres impressionné smile_o.gif

j'ai pas trop capté le pb avec OFrP mais frachement tu as fais un truc revolutionnaire, meme les joueurs de vbs1 vont revenir sur ofp ;) j'en suis sure !!!

notre clan est avec toi ;) en tout cas ce qui s en sont sorti entre le download et leur config...

si il y a des mise a jour future, contact nous sur not forum tu seras vraiement tres bien venu  xmas_o.gif

hip hip hip hurrraaaa !!!!  tounge_o.gif

quel travail de ouf  crazy_o.gif

Hello,

Just a little question, how do you do to actived The config : Powerful CPU Configs\Body Explosion, in FalshFX Powerful CPU Configs\Body Explosion rock.gif

Thx in Advance, ExA

hmm It seems to be missing an adequate readme, all I've been able to find so far is Thunderbirds 1 liner implying all we have to do is let it install itself but mine isn't activating what else is nessesary i.e. low v high config setup and name of mod for shortcut etc.

Hello,

Just a little question, how do you do to actived The config : Powerful CPU Configs\Body Explosion, in FalshFX Powerful CPU Configs\Body Explosion rock.gif

Thx in Advance, ExA

Copy the config.bin from the [Flash FX folder]/Bin/[single Game Configs]/[Powerful CPU Configs]/[body Explosion] folder to the [Flash FX folder]/Bin folder (and over-write the config.bin that is already there).

does the turret fly off in the 3.0 version too and does the AI use supressing fire?

and why the BIS campaing doesn't work with it? i can play the Bootcamp and then it goes back to Windows everytime rock.gif

i can play the BIS campaigns without any errors or ctds, and i played up to mission 10 or 11 again.

Quote[/b] ]Big Announcement by Thunderbird

FFUR Replacement Mod is making large Steps to Version 3.5 with a bunch of great and revolutionary Enhancements.

So it should not take too long until you will all be able to play your original Operation Flashpoint from 1985 with new Units and new Effects. We hope that the beta tests are accomplished pretty soon, so that it can find it's way out to the community within the next 7 days.

The details will become a nice surprise for the ones who play it.

So better be prepared and take some time. smile_o.gif

I noticed something while playing the original campaign with FlashFXUR; I can "refuel" from the repair truck! I don't know how this is, or what can be done about it. Maybe something you should look into.

Oh, and would it be possible to remove the tracers from the Suppressed weapons and sniper rifles?

Hello,

I Ask me if it's possible to have an Mission Editor without all this new unit, 'cause if i have corectly understand normaly this MOD just change the original OFP Unti, Sound, Anim etc ... But in the AddOn Folder we have many AddOn, all of it are necesary rock.gif

Thx in Advance

Hello,

A question, how can i change the GUI (or The OFP Main Screen) in this MOD cause it's not very beautifull (Prefer The Original or the FDF). wink_o.gif

Thx in Advance, ExA

PS : I hope i don't hurt the creator of this MOD, that is a veryyyy goood MOD i love it !!! tounge_o.gif

editor will become clean smile_o.gif

dunno about the gui, but there are tutorials out there, maybe someone can post a link to them

Hello,

Just two thing

1. i have enconter a pb in a Mission (Siberian Fox) with the bullet bounce, they kill me very often mad_o.gif, moreover when i figth in a bulding. It's a know Bug ? Or it's just for this Mission ?

2. Could be possible to do a Doc About this MOD (And in fact about the MOD inside) tounge_o.gif

Thx in Advance, ExA

Hello,

Just two thing

1. i have enconter a pb in a Mission (Siberian Fox) with the bullet bounce, they kill me very often mad_o.gif, moreover when i figth in a bulding. It's a know Bug ? Or it's just for this Mission ?

2. Could be possible to do a Doc About this MOD (And in fact about the MOD inside) tounge_o.gif

Thx in Advance, ExA

to 1: i think i have already heard about that, but i'll tell Thunderbird about it again.

to 2: what do you exactly mean with a doc about the mod? do you mean a simple readme or an overlook about the improvements and changes?

edit: that bouncing effect is due to realism, so be carefull as in real life.

TB will do that Doc for the Mod smile_o.gif

We must be carefull with what we think a bouncing bullet will do. Though we all know of the 'killed by ricochet' stories, bullets will most often undergo huge physical changes after striking the softest of forms and almost certainly lose lots of kinetic energy (energy conserved, though change in vector etc)

Though I'm not sure if there is way of representing this in OFP, I would sugest that bouncing bullets do less damage on average

Another piont as I noticed Exaercase was complaining about his experience with bouncers and buildings. I would propose that the vast majority of rounds landing on plaster/ wood/ concrete would probably slow and/or shatter into harmless pieces. Any one who has done close combat firearms training could probably testify to this.

Thunderbird has released some screenshots of his upcoming pack 3.5. See them here:

Screenshots

Beta testers are actually testing it , that will be ready in few days , maybe 1 or 2