Sign in to follow this  
Jarf

Flash game

Over the last week I have coded and created my first flash game. It's a first person shooter, I have used OFP graphics and tried to create an overall OFP feel.

Click here to play.

Please comment and if you find any bugs please do tell me. Don't forget to read the instructions before playing either.

There is one known bug, if you lose but still wait out the whole two minutes it will take you to the winning screen.

Just put it onto Newgrounds so go vote.

but the sensibility of the mouse is very low   tounge_o.gif

I'll speed that up if a few others agree, I was trying to create the ofp style of aiming and may have overemphasised it.

but the sensibility of the mouse is very low tounge_o.gif

I'll speed that up if a few others agree, I was trying to create the ofp style of aiming and may have overemphasised it.

Yeah, its pretty sweet bar the slow-slopy mouse.

Speed it up and it'll be awesome.

Impressive. biggrin_o.gif

I agree that speeding up the mouse sensitivity will make it awesome!

I think the game is a little too hard.

I've played but cant get past like 10 seconds!

Maybe make it a little easier, IE not so many enemies at once would probably help.

thats was cool. smile_o.gif looking forward if ya making anymore smile_o.gif

Very nice...after 4 tries I`ll live another day blues.gif

Good job finishing it.

Right you guys, I've increased the sensitivity so the gun will move faster now.

As for making the enemies appearing faster/slower well they appear completely randomly so if you end up with all enemies at once or no enemies at all then it's just pure chance.

The increase in sensitivity helped 10 fold... It felt just like the default sensitivity of OFP!

Good job... I'll definantly point some freinds towards it. smile_o.gif

Excellent for testing reaction times and judging threats when you have four targets pop up near simultaneously! Quite fun, Oustanding work smile_o.gif

That was great. Some more levels would be great and maybe one for the other side. if you could figure out a way to make yourself change weapons you could have tanks too. That may be harder than it sounds though since I dont know any of thiis stuff.

EDIT: I looked at some of your other animations and that accident one was pretty cool. I kind of thought that the song in it sounded like one of the cowboy bebop ones. (which was later confirmed in the credits) You're quite good at this stuff.

I've noticed a pattern in the reviews for it on newgrounds. Those that have trouble typing coherent English tend to rate it lower than those able to operate a keyboard. Fascinating, no?

Cool, fun game biggrin_o.gif

Although there is a bug, where your gun does not start reloaded on a new game, if you ran out of ammo in the last one.

Nice game. thumbs.gif

Another bug: When you aim, the gun barrel (aiming dot) follows you mouse slowly, just like in OFP. But, it doesn't matter where the aiming point is (where the rifle points), the bullets go to the position pointed by mouse anyway.

Nice game. thumbs.gif

Another bug: When you aim, the gun barrel (aiming dot) follows you mouse slowly, just like in OFP. But, it doesn't matter where the aiming point is (where the rifle points), the bullets go to the position pointed by mouse anyway.

Yeah I knew that, creating the exact same effect as in OFP would require so much extra coding that it just wouldn't be worth it.

How can I invert mouse Y-axis? crazy_o.gif

Nice one, but I did not make it... biggrin_o.gif

maybe this is not the appropriate thread to discuss this, but since some of you people seem able to script Flash and other stand-alone applications and utilities:

would it somehow be possible to recreate a basic version of the OFP unit/waypoints editor that can visualize & update the mission.sqm information?

this would allow dedicated/addicted* mission makers like me to continue their work even on PC's without OFP.

there's Flash-based stuff like dialogg and music editors already.

just a stripped-down version of the island map with waypoints, markers in place would do the trick, no need to preview, that's something we can try at home then ... or is this sheer wishful thinking ...

* feel free to identify

I don't know anything about coding outside of Flash.

I've never even created a full mission in OFP.