Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

A New AH-64 Pack

I would go through and make the textures for every part of the chaingun,depending on how much of the chaingun you are going to make.

btw the angle of the A model cockpit was pretty bad,so I'm redesigning all of the gauges and such,just to let you know.

Just some more nitpicking from me again tounge_o.gif

That picture of the chaingun looks to be the old hydraulic version, xnodunitx.

The new ones are electrically driven, but I've never seen a up close picture of them so I would'nt know the details on how they look.

Odd that they would use a hydraulic version on a D model,plus thats the exact same type I saw at the airshow around 2002 or 2003,cant remember which.

Thanks for the info,but unfortunatly we cannot create what we cannot see....damn messenger wasn't working earlier and now that I can sign on,nobody is on cept 1 person and they can't help me with this in any way,anyway I had to redo the gauges I made before...slightly confusing how it works...I got the horizon one done and one of the speedometer's,pics of A cockpits are somewhat rare,especially with a view thats going to show you anything.

Irrelevent information, anyways, I've added some more stuff to the apache, like the eagerly wanted suspension on the gear. biggrin_o.gif

I'm thinking I might continue modelling the apache model and release it to the public as a "up for grabs" addon,its not part of the project though,I doubt we would use it,regardless of multiplayer n stuff,I am making 2 or 3 versions,low maybe,medium and high details,in other words the handrails and other things.

just tweak it a bit more, cuz with allmost every landing or take off it looks like its uhm too late in reacting! The suspension effect i mean.

your like 2 feet in the air and then the suspension uhm...  crazy_o.gif  unsuspends?>? wink_o.gif

edit

especially when you can do like rolling take off?.. this would be important, cuz you lift up slower then... blues.gif

Mine will be different than that I assure you, the other addons used a only 2 animation phases, 0 and 1, mine will use phases 0-1, any number in between (eg, 0.3712) based on the helicopter's height, so the wheels should always stay on the ground untill the phase reaches 1, at which point it the geari s fully down.

crazy_o.gif DUDE!

That will be soo good, man all the things your doing with this addon is so elite, all the new stuff, I cannot wait blues.gif

Yea, ok, but im still looking for modelers to help me do the cockpit.

Are there any modelers out there who want to help me? If so, please contact me.

That should stand out biggrin_o.gif

Ok good news back in business, I have several ppl who might be able to work on the model, I have also started to fix some of very few bugs tounge_o.gif

I'm hungry for a beta or something. Know any cure for that? wink_o.gif

I'm hungry for a beta or something. Know any cure for that?  wink_o.gif

Yes 3 things

1-Getting drunk

2-Winter Sleep

3-begging everyday for a beta till they are pissed off to send you a beta

tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I'm hungry for a beta or something. Know any cure for that?  wink_o.gif

Yes 3 things

1-Getting drunk

2-Winter Sleep

3-begging everyday for a beta till they are pissed off to send you a beta

tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Don't wanna piss me off too much   tounge_o.gif   lol, but beta is a no, not yet at least, still some issues to work out, well, damn, I guess it depends on your definition of a "beta".   tounge_o.gif

Give me and Kyle a thousand cases of vodka and maybe throw in some budweiser for kicks. Then we'll think about it ;)

Plus I'm still working on the cockpit textures,the idea I was using had to be trashed,the size of the guages had to be resized ALOT but the problem with that is that the size had to be downed too much and took all the detail out,so I had to start from scratch,though I finally found 2 great close up pictures of the A cockpit,still not over there,I have to redesign the insides of the guages because...well...those need the most change,yes I am still here,my msn messenger somehow got corrupt and I haven't reinstalled it yet,pissing Kyle off own't help anything,did that before and he just went to playing his game  tounge_o.gif

Also I might be giving away that apache model I was working on,its not really part of the project and though I can sort of texture in O2,I can't do it correctly for EVERY texture.

Ok I know it has been a while, but I did some work on the cockpit today, and for the most part, it's lookin pretty good. I will have screenshots soon, and more updates. Sorry to keep you all waiting biggrin_o.gif

Glad things are going well for you,my higher ups have been shoving me off the computer but I'm doin hopeful serious texture changin today,currently working on the red dial gauges,its rather confusing because they look different ingame than they do in textview,I have gotten one finished but it still has about...7 or so,and one of them I'm gonna need to replace with an animation because it partly compass n such,why they have 2 I don't know...anyway just letting ya know.

It's gonna take a few tries because I don't think that Kyle wants to use a new form of applying the cockpit textures,so I have to stick with the original BIS layout,where the guages are I mean,I'm changing them though,some of the angles however are pains...I also got the chaingun sound,if he hasn't gotten it yet.