Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

A New AH-64 Pack

Well I am working on the A model,got a part of each cockpit done,hopefully we will see updates soon,I sent the test guages and some new TADS sensors to Kyle,so hopefully we will see some progress soon.

The new IAF Longbow is called the Saraf in Hebrew, meaning venomous snake.

Hard to find pics on the web. So here's one, courtesy of me: smile_o.gif

th_iafsaraf.jpg

Click here for larger version.

Just a public service announcement for realist buffs out there.

The IAF has now made it official that the desert camo shown in the above pics is what will be in use. Source: IAF Magazine, 2/2005 issue.

Darn! So much in this issue, from spy blimps, to Sohoy 37s (big article - ton of pics), to F-22 crashes. No time to delve into all of this.

Anyway, keep up the good work it. It really looks like this will turn out to be one popular addon!

Do you still need authentic pictures of the MFDs and HUDs?

I'm am sooo happy biggrin_o.gif

Never mind that graphic anomaly in the first pic. That is sorted now.

if you guys would release a working HUD like that I would honestly think I would not survive it cause of heart failure... that would be soo soo soooo elite! smile_o.gif

I love flying teh apache between trees and s*** in OFP... blues.gif

Project is currently on hold,Kyle has informed me that it won't be for long however,though I don't really like the idea of putting it on hold,I have no say in the matter.

I don't really like the idea of putting it on hold...

I totally agree biggrin_o.gif

If you need authentic MFD and HUD pics I can now grab them from Jane's Longbow 2 btw.

Currently I am working on Franze's apache,and then when Kyle starts the project again then I will help his apache as well,It's not back stabbing or anything,I told Kyle that if this were to happen that this is what I would do.

Personally I don't care what you use the pictures I'm going to send you in. My only wish is to see authentic MFDs and HUDs in any and all Apache-mods smile_o.gif

Ok that will be enough, xnodunitx, if you keep posting things like that then I am going to ask a moderator to close this (not yet moderators).

Back on topic, I am really really busy with other projects and I contacted the one and only Martin to ask for help (since he likes doing choppers so much). Im still waiting on a reply, but I really hope he can help, otherwise all our hardwork might have been for nothing.

Listen buddy,I don't believe in not letting the public know if some change has happened to the project,why it stopped,why its gonna take longer and what is going on.

And its still not for nothing,a team of 3 or 4 is better than 2,the apache projects aren't dead yet,I refuse to let them go,the apache's on OFP have always been the same except for mostly textures,which even then was very rare,I'm not gonna let the new hope for them die out so easily.

on hold... crazy_o.gif

NOoooo please continue with the eliteness.. We are at war soldier, how are we supposed to win without elite air support wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

NOoooo please continue with the eliteness.. We are at war soldier, how are we supposed to win without elite air support wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

By using some of the other AH-64s out there, of which there are several. wink_o.gif

And other aircraft like Diesel's A-10. biggrin_o.gif

yes man I have them both allready, they are both very nice. but I like this apache better im affraid...

and yours is better for letting the ai fly while I would rather fly this one myself... wink_o.gif

I could continue soon if I had some more help (modelers), but untill then progress is extremly slow. If I get help soon, expect a beta release within a few weeks.

I could continue soon if I had some more help (modelers), but untill then progress is extremly slow. If I get help soon, expect a beta release within a few weeks.

What do you need, mate?

yes man I have them both allready, they are both very nice. but I like this apache better im affraid...

Except you can't pass judgement on this AH-64 yet because there's nothing to judge. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

and yours is better for letting the ai fly while I would rather fly this one myself... wink_o.gif

Actually I meant Marco-Polo's AH-64 pack.

Its not on halt, I am working on it but havn't gotten around to the cockpit yet, since alot of exterior work needs to be done. I have to finish up the A and D exteriors and then make all new wreck models. I also have to finish replacing the old ATAS "proxies" with the newer ones. The main reason why it is going so slow is because the lack of support sad_o.gif nobody offers to help me work on the model.

@ Modelers interested

I need help with some exterior areas (modification of exsisting parts), and I am definatly going to need help with the D model cockpit, creating the working MFDs etc...

I offered and even did some work on it but you told me not to worry about it,I'll still work on it though,do model work on your project and texture on Franze's project,as long as I don't get any grief from either.

That is if you want me to help you, if so then just PM me.

Well, getting back on track after a long delay, we are starting to fix up the models, and I also started fixing some of the bugs in the scripting. Anyways, could still use some help if anyone is interested.

Gosh I really wish I could help you. I tried modeling before but couldn;t even make a simple cargo crate!

Looks good man, can't wait to see how long the burn/smoke effect lasts after it crashes to the ground. Keep up the good and hard, hard work.