Sign in to follow this  
aviel

Scanner/radio users new candy :)

hello my good o'le opf community   smile_o.gif

i founded out something you guys who use scanners might like:

on a free hour from flying school, me and my friend setted up our radio scanner and started to seek some fun  wink_o.gif , when we where brouwsing the freq's we bumped on a freq: 40.6750 MHz, on the begin we only heard one tick per second, iwe thought it was a transcript but no: it sudenly stopped, and we started hear peapole talking smile_o.gif

here are the instructions if you still need:

Turn youre scanner on (Do'h!! biggrin_o.gif)

Put youre scanner frequency to around 40.6750 MHz, if you will be at the correct freq, you should hear tickings, about one tick per second, if there will be voices in the room the ticking stops, when that happends turn on the folume, you should here something.  

i think its the ultimate spying device biggrin_o.gif:D those innocent babyphones biggrin_o.gif

Edit: for many other tips and tricks, feel free to PM me.

LOL, that reminds me of an old tv I had that picked up cell phones on ch 99 and above. Once ya start peeping in on cells it's hard to stop, luckily that tv broke. Also had a vcr that picked up air traffic contol talk...... I about shat a brick on that one ,watching a blue screen and all of a sudden a pilot telling his alt and heading blaring over the speakers. Kinda freaky!

My dang PC 4.1 speakers pick up police BC signals or somthing. I even get some nice errie music somtimes crazy_o.gif

LOL, that reminds me of an old tv I had that picked up cell phones on ch 99 and above. Once ya start peeping in on cells it's hard to stop, luckily that tv broke. Also had a vcr that picked up air traffic contol talk...... I about shat a brick on that one ,watching a blue screen and all of a sudden a pilot telling his alt and heading blaring over the speakers. Kinda freaky!

OMG thats so funny. tounge_o.gif

@Pajama: I get that 2. I pick up a local radio station.

LOL, that reminds me of an old tv I had that picked up cell phones on ch 99 and above.   Once ya start peeping in on cells it's hard to stop, luckily that tv broke.  Also had a vcr that picked up air traffic contol talk...... I about shat a brick on that one ,watching a blue screen and all of a sudden a pilot telling his alt and heading blaring over the speakers.  Kinda freaky!

Lol! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif can happend, you might live near a Redicting-Central, biggrin_o.gif

I play the bass/acoustic guitar. I have an amplifier for my bassguitar (duuuh), i've already had some rather strange experiences with it. It happens once in a while that i hear voices coming out of my amplifier. It are german voices and they seem to be having some kinda conversation. Not one like on the phone, it sounds more like something militairy or from an airport or something like that.

Funny

I sit there in my room playing the guitar, and suddenly i hear german voices in my room. It's pretty strange to hear voices coming out of your amplifier, you know...

smile_o.gif

I play the bass/acoustic guitar.  I have an amplifier for my bassguitar (duuuh), i've already had some rather strange experiences with it. It happens once in a while that i hear voices coming out of my amplifier.  It are german voices and they seem to be having some kinda conversation.  Not one like on the phone, it sounds more like something militairy or from an airport or something like that.

Funny

I sit there in my room playing the guitar, and  suddenly i hear german voices in my room.  It's pretty strange to hear voices coming out of your amplifier, you know...

smile_o.gif

Here is my explenation for you my friend.

Those things you hear are called in dutch: ''BOXES''

with those boxes peapole communicate over air for free, they pick one frequentie,( evry thing in the whole wide world haves frequenties.)and they talk for hours... where you live? i wanna know what the standart is in youre country  tounge_o.gif

I play the bass/acoustic guitar.  I have an amplifier for my bassguitar (duuuh), i've already had some rather strange experiences with it. It happens once in a while that i hear voices coming out of my amplifier.  It are german voices and they seem to be having some kinda conversation.  Not one like on the phone, it sounds more like something militairy or from an airport or something like that.

Funny

I sit there in my room playing the guitar, and  suddenly i hear german voices in my room.  It's pretty strange to hear voices coming out of your amplifier, you know...

smile_o.gif

with those boxes peapole communicate over air for free, they pick one frequentie,( evry thing in the whole wide world haves frequenties.)and they talk for hours... where you live? i wanna know what the standart is in youre country  tounge_o.gif

I live in Belgium smile_o.gif

Funny

smile_o.gif

I live in Belgium smile_o.gif

hehehe... No wonder... in dutch dutch its called: Bakkie.

we (NL) and germany use all kind of frequenties for clear sound, so expect hearing a conversation from youre microwave... LOL

That happens to me too, if i turn my guitar amplifier up I can pick up the CB radio the taxi drivers use. I also get radio reception using a distortion pedal plugged into my amp with no input lead connected. Its very strange, but i think it could be interesting in a song wink_o.gif

Hmm this must work with military radios too, I reckon I should check it out with my RT-524 later today.

When I lived in England I used to pick up taxi and police radios on my computer speakers when they were outside my apartment smile_o.gif

Hmm this must work with military radios too, I reckon I should check it out with my RT-524 later today.

WOW!!! a RT-524 !!! AWSOME!!  biggrin_o.gif  

you are a lucky guy you know that?

i have MANY frequenties for you to listen  wink_o.gif  

<<Pm me!>>

Edit:

The police in netherland has a new Tekst system called P2000/C2000 sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif , = no normal police radio transmissions! mad_o.gif . Now i need to sit hours trying to decode it crazy_o.gif ...

well, i still recive many transmissions becuse the p2000/c2000 isnt fully operational yet.

I've managed to pick up the US Armed Forces radio on my guitar, I noticed it when I had distortion on and walked over to the other side of the room to do something taking my guitar with me stretching the 15' lead out full.

I used to have a scanner, mostly for listening to police and fire chat.  Now and then I'd listen in on cell phones, and this one had me laughing for days after.  A guy was trying to get a woman to go out with him that night for coffee, and she said she was planning on staying home and watch "Passenger 57" that was showing on network tv that night.  LoL, she rather watch a shitty movie than spend the night with that loser.  

Another memorable one was when a hospital called a woman's cell phone and told her that (i think) her sister was killed in a car accident.  I think she dropped the phone and all you could hear was sobbing.

I loved that scanner, I had it all, police chases, romantic comedies, drama, and now and then, phone sex. (This was in the early 90s, before internet webcam whores)

WOW!!! a RT-524 !!! AWSOME!!  biggrin_o.gif  

you are a lucky guy you know that?

i have MANY frequenties for you to listen  wink_o.gif  

<<Pm me!>>

Edit:

The police in netherland has a new Tekst system called P2000/C2000  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif , = no  normal police radio transmissions!  mad_o.gif . Now i need to sit hours trying to decode it   crazy_o.gif ...

well, i still recive many transmissions becuse the p2000/c2000 isnt fully operational yet.

There's this link on the internet that gives you acces to some kind of dutch police radio. It's funny to listen to, especially because it's all live and strange things seem to happen in the netherlands once in a while tounge_o.gif

Oh and it's also very funny to hear you guys use those crazy dutch words that flemish ppl never use... smile_o.gif

If i find the link i'll post it...

Hmmm i wouldn't really listen to real phone conversations or phone sex or anything like that tounge_o.gif

That's not really what i'm interested in biggrin_o.gif

Have any of you heard of the weird ham radio frequencies? There a lot of them that are totall mysteries as to their purpose. Some might work on scanners I'm not sure. I wish I remember where I read about them.

They are just weird frequencies that do strange things. For example theres one that is dead air except for random clicking for a certain amount of time finishing off with a 20 second sample of a orchestra song. It only happens at midnight Greenwich mean time.

I'll try to find the story again and post the link you'll probablly get a kick out of.

http://www.qsl.net/n1irz/woodpeck.html

That's an article about one of them. Though not a mystery since it is explained that it was a Russian radar creating the sound.

The ones I'm trying to find though are different. They are just weird things like a frequency that is silent except that at the top of every hour a voice says some gibberish.

My old Bass guitar amp used to pickup Radio Moscow.. Someone once told me that it's to do with 'skip' and or Sunspots causing Atmospheric anomalies...

Was funny until I was playing a gig one time and I could hear this Anti American voice come on... crazy_o.gif

Whenever we place my TV near the rear-most window in my house, it picks up some faint comms chatter. Some of it was just cop stuff, a bit too faint to hear well, but kind of neat none the less.

Whenever we place my TV near the rear-most window in my house, it picks up some faint comms chatter.  Some of it was just cop stuff, a bit too faint to hear well, but kind of neat none the less.

mmm... old tvs are always weird smile_o.gif

ok heres what the strangest thing is what i EVER picked up:

An american aircraft carryre on its way to iraq wink_o.gif was pretty cool, signal weekend evry hour.

Whenever we place my TV near the rear-most window in my house, it picks up some faint comms chatter.  Some of it was just cop stuff, a bit too faint to hear well, but kind of neat none the less.

mmm... old tvs are always weird  smile_o.gif

An american aircraft carryre on its way to iraq  wink_o.gif  was pretty cool, signal weekend evry hour.

Yeah, it was about two years ago before we got a new TV. I still have the old one and use it in my room, but I haven't heard any chatter lately.

mmm... old tvs are always weird  smile_o.gif

An american aircraft carryre on its way to iraq  wink_o.gif  was pretty cool, signal weekend evry hour.

Yeah, it was about two years ago before we got a new TV.  I still have the old one and use it in my room, but I haven't heard any chatter lately.

is it a VHF? or UHF?

those two little freq's have many dark secrets (and tricks ) ...  biggrin_o.gif

i have a cool trick for you wink_o.gif

It should be both, it wasn't that old of a TV, and with the attenna that I have hooked into it now (Used to have it plugged into the cable line when we used it in our back room), can switch between UHF and VHF. But it's an antenna from the 1970's, so there's nothing fancy going on there tounge_o.gif

It should be both, it wasn't that old of a TV, and with the attenna that I have hooked into it now (Used to have it plugged into the cable line when we used it in our back room), can switch between UHF and VHF.  But it's an antenna from the 1970's, so there's nothing fancy going on there  tounge_o.gif

You shuld try clocking it up;

(higher frequenties. you may catch data streams over air wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif )