Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

A380 -- The Reveal

Saw it live on CNN , beautiful sight , cant wait to travel in it wonder when will we get the chance to do though  biggrin_o.gif .

First estimates put the date around the end of 2006 - early 2007.

P.S: Any one got a ID on the plane riding shotgun with the A380? i was interested in that small thing too , it look minscule compared to the airbus tounge_o.gif .

It's a Corvette smile_o.gif

"Jojo!" I need privacy when flying. Ordered my own A380! biggrin_o.gif

Hah, mine took off today, too. But sadly nobody was interested...

bastler380.jpg

wink_o.gif

I haven't seen any clips of the maiden flight yet, but I'll see the real thing in about 2 months, in Paris Air Show.

couldn't take any good pics sad_o.gif

will try to take good one for the next fly tests...

incredibly big and quiet, didn't heard it when when it came not far from my house.

the second plane was aerospatiale sn 601 " corvette"

small plane for 15 passengers or something like that...look liked a dot behind A 380 crazy_o.gif

great day for all aeronautics fan ^^.... lets get some champagne tounge_o.gif

Still rather have an AN-225.

Might be a bit hard to move around though...

Did you know that if A380 would have wingspan about half a meter greater, it wouldn't fulfill airfield regulations?

They just reported that there apparently was an issue with a gear casing that did not properly shut. Minor fault imo.

The test pilot and onboard personel were pretty flipping about the planes abilities and the accurate simulation they had on the ground . Pilot said "It´s as easy to fly this plane as driving a bike" smile_o.gif

Hope, he didn´t think of "such" a bicycle:

bicycle.JPG

They just reported that there apparently was an issue with a gear casing that did not properly shut. Minor fault imo.

The test pilot and onboard personel were pretty flipping about the planes abilities and the accurate simulation they had on the ground . Pilot said "It´s as easy to fly this plane as driving a bike" smile_o.gif

Hope, he didn´t think of "such" a bicycle:

]http://www.dubster.co.uk/blog/data/upimages/bicycle.JPG

erm ... I once climbed up a bicycle lane sign at night while singing Queen's Bicycle race, doing as if I was pushing a bike with my feet ... needless to say that I was drunk and thank god digicams didn't exist back in those backward times ...

smile_o.gif

Well, it was all pretty nice, unfortunately I couldn't be in Toulouse and I haven't been able to catch the live take off and the landing as I was too busy, but I know a few people working at Airbus industries who were looking at the flight on a large screen in one of their hangers, and they're still celebrating smile_o.gif .

Now, I hope the A380 will make a good job in what it's intended to do .... and Ican't help but imagine the possibilities in matter of military deployment with one of these beasts in place of the air force A310-300 along with a few A400M ...

Talk about force projection ... (now, you just have to find an airport where to project the flying whale though smile_o.gif )

Budget version is already up for grabs and British Airways it seems ordered these by the dozen tounge_o.gif

cab10aed3b5b2217a08ed153e.jpg

I saw pics of the plane but I couldn't see the sky! crazy_o.gif

May be they only took pictures of inside the cargo bay. tounge_o.gif