Sign in to follow this  
Milkman

Fulda Gap Demo

From Jakerod:

Quote[/b] ]This is a demo of the Bloody Days Mod's new German Island based on The Fulda Gap. I tried making the town's roads as accurate as possible to what mapquest.com said they were. I do realize that there is nothing really to it or anything like that but I grew tired of making it and wanted to release it the way it was. I am sorry if the buildings are not very accurate to German ones but I have never been to Germany and I was lacking good pictures of the towns I was working on. I did the best I could with the objects I had but right now I am feeling that I kind of failed to show the whole point of why I made this island in the first place. I am also sorry that the elevations are not right but I was lacking good maps for that aspect of it so I began to just use hills and various other things that I saw in pictures and so forth.

I hope that there might be someone somewhere out there who would be willing to help us make new objects/textures for it. I am determined to make this island special instead of just another one of those "Green Islands". Any help would be greatly appreciated especially with textures.

We also hope to release an addon pack with the final version of this island and could use help with making new models and textures in that area. Hopefully soon we can show you some pictures of some of those new 'items' in that pack.

(Note: I have given numerous tips to what it might be in my posts over the past few weeks)

If you wish to join please PM me or use one of the following forms of communication.

E-mail: Jakerod80@gmail.com

MSN: Jakerod80@hotmail.com

AIM: Jakerod90

Pictures:

Fulda1.jpg

---

Fulda2.jpg

---

Fulda3.jpg

---

Fulda4.jpg

---

Fulda5.jpg

---

Fulda6.jpg

Download:

Download1

Yes there is. I said that there really wasn't much there but it is all in the lower left hand corner of the map. No addons are needed for it as I stated in the paragraph.

Great beginning, keep up the good work!

Will be a nice place for some fine "Red Storm Rising" battles.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Nice to see some German map finally!

Yeah really good for Red Storm Rising missions.

That's what I said when we came up with the idea a long time ago.

Being the resident military nutjob, I've always wanted to have an RSR like campaign.

Keep it up. I to have been dying for a Red Storm Rising campaign.

Alittle off topic but I always though the Iceland part of Redstorm Rising would be an interesting campaign also. Though they sort of just hid and snuck around making radio contact every now and then. Infact the only battles they got in was the little reprisal against the rape and then the battle at the end where the mortar killed half of them.

Man I gotta get a copy of that book again. I can't even remember the characters names anymore. I still think it's Clancy's best work.

Ya I am reading RSR right now for the second time. Mspencer also thought that the Iceland battle would be good. I made part of an iceland map at the beginning of last year but I don't think I still have the original version anymore.

The whole point of this mod is to do something like RSR but I really need more people. Especially for the objects for the map since the buildings I am using look nothing like what the real ones do in that town. Here is what the real ones look like.

Gundhelm

Still not sure where that part of the town is on the map but I really want to get some more low-poly buildings for the island so that I can put more buildings into the town.

Any help in the modeling or texturing department is welcome.

Found the .pbo of the Iceland map but I don't have the visitor editable version anymore.

I will have Milkman upload it to our site and then we can post it here tomorrow. (I cannot upload stuff do to my crappy connection)

EDIT:

Quote[/b] ] Alittle off topic but I always though the Iceland part of Redstorm Rising would be an interesting campaign also. Though they sort of just hid and snuck around making radio contact every now and then. Infact the only battles they got in was the little reprisal against the rape and then the battle at the end where the mortar killed half of them.

Thats the kind of stuff I like to do in ofp though. Just have all kinds of enemy units going around the map and then me either trying to avoid them or destroy them depending on what kind of mood im in. smile_o.gif

I also got 1 suggestion. Could you start using some basic addons on the islands from BDM? Like the AGS Industrial Pack, Mapfact Barracken addon, etc. Basic stuff almost every OFP player already has smile_o.gif.

Quote[/b] ]I also got 1 suggestion. Could you start using some basic addons on the islands from BDM? Like the AGS Industrial Pack, Mapfact Barracken addon, etc. Basic stuff almost every OFP player already has .

I was about to do that to Avignon the other day and add the AGS and Mapfact stuff to it but here is the problem. By the time I finish a big island there is a lot of crap on the map. It causes a lot of lag when im in visitor and takes buldozer about 5 minutes to load. Plus saving it and exporting it takes a while as well as pboing it and all that time demotivates me from doing it.

On the Fulda Map there won't be a port though and may not be a military base but I am not sure I have to check real maps again to see if there are any in the area I selected. That and I am still not sure if I will continue it until I get some new towns buildings.

Tested the demo island and liked the town areas and the roads n stuff that was there already smile_o.gif

About putting custom stuff in the islands i think mission makers can do that, we just need som flat places at a few locations so that we can put extra buildings n objects and harbour stuff around some sweet locations to make 'em even more sweet unclesam.gif

Tested the demo island and liked the town areas and the roads n stuff that was there already  smile_o.gif

About putting custom stuff in the islands i think mission makers can do that

At the cost of causing lag during mission play, compared to predefining the objects as an integral part of the island addon.

I am told that the Mapfact bases do not look like the real bases do in Germany so I will not be adding any of those to the map. As I stated earlier I will not be adding AGS stuff either unless its factories which I am not even sure about because the area that I am doing is mainly farming. The only custom buildings I plan on adding are going to be made by BDM unless some one releases a german building pack sometime soon.

goodlooking island! smile_o.gif The towns look very realistic..

The guys from Yankee Mod have sent me some good info that will allow me to make the island better once I get my needed buildings. So I hope I can bring you guys something special this time.

some of the older german cities, if i'm not mistaken, have buildings like JC's new ones, he's building for I44... ask him, the screen shots look AMAZING.

Olemiss when you want to add something shortly after you've posted please edit your original post, and we have a filesize limit of 100kb for hotlinked images smile_o.gif

The guys from Yankee Mod have sent me some good info that will allow me to make the island better once I get my needed buildings. So I hope I can bring you guys something special this time.

We have updated our site. Those, who are interessted, might take a look --> TEAM YANKEE MOD