Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.075...The countdown begins.

they said in the ecp interview at ofpec

"soon" but they said "they never know" as usual stuff always come up

Funny.. hahaha. The AA will be out by December. This will probably not be out until after the summer.. So we would play it for 3 months and then forget about it. That would be too bad. The ECP is awsome.

Quit trying so hard to make them feel sorry for u. They'll be done when their done. Relax, it's a game wink_o.gif

The screenshots are looking really nice, but I think OFP doesn't need such heavy bloodeffects confused_o.gif

Turn it off then  welcome.gif

RED

But isn't your goal to make OFP more realistic? It certainly looks much nicer than the original blood but it might be more realistic if it was tuned down a notch.

..but I guess it will be easy to set the amount of blood to your likings as in the previous version.

Yup, as with previous versions the blood effect is extremely easy to suit to user needs. Partical size, number and direction can all be set (along with many other settings) in the ECP_blood_settings file.

RED

Is the static in the nvgs like real gen 2(pvs5) and 3(pvs7), I know you can upgrad em but it would be nice if it was like BIS view picture when you wearing pvs5 in 1985.

STGN

Is the static in the nvgs like real gen 2(pvs5) and 3(pvs7), I know you can upgrad em but it would be nice if it was like BIS view picture when you wearing pvs5 in 1985.

STGN

Well, BIS' screen is always available - in fact, we kept the path of the original nvg screen layer in the definitions.

We have made those alternatives for users that were looking for diversity and easier to see screens, mainly for MP purposes. For example, all the additions are DXDLL compliant and there are even clear screens - like in BHD - with or without statics.

The statics' dots have been reduced in size and are more transparent - so that you can see better in very dark nights. We've done so for CTI and specop missions, by request of many players. It's not that realistic, but I didn't have much sources from which I could design a good statics effect - neither for screen shapes - anyway. confused_o.gif

i disagree, i think flashpoint should have realistic blood effects, like in the mod YK3M by Pappy, he made a script for when hit by an explosion, your entire body would explode, but does have some bugs in it. smile_o.gif  tounge2.gif but it would be cool for ECP to but realistic blood effects, i think it would be awesome, but thats my opinion rofl.gif

Realistic blood effects are a necessity, especially if you are striving for realism, as these fine fellows are. What do you think would happen if as in the screenshot some yank opened up on you at 2 feet with an M60? The days of the A-Team are long gone, and the days of OFP when maybe, maybe a little puddle of blood might appear under a corpse are long gone. It is especially kind of the ECP to allow one to change the level of blood as to the taste or desire of the user. You just can't ask for more than that.

wow 103514 veiws.

They effects look awsome, especially the 3d craters. yay.gif

this is a rated M game right ? if so, ROCK ON WITH THE GORE!!!  yay.gif

EDIT: ^^^^^^ im not new, played since the game was out.

just forgot

wow 103514 veiws.

lol its been an long ride whistle.gif

wow 103514 veiws.

lol its been an long ride whistle.gif

You can get off any time you'd like... tounge2.gif

Ready for another suggestion from GA?

Yes, a REALISTIC exploding body FX would be very nice.

That's all.

I think you can guess what I want you guys to do. wink_o.gif

wow 103514 veiws.

lol its been an long ride  whistle.gif

You can get off any time you'd like...  tounge2.gif

lol naw knowing that ur girl is in the passenger seat ist all good im in for the ride rofl.gif jk dont get it twisted

Yes, Guardian Angel, we know and approve - I have a long time ago proposed multilable corpses. But it is still unpracticeable with default BIS' units: if we replace the BIS' model by a multilable model during a mission, the variable reference will be lost - if there is one. We can work around by really replacing the default model at the configuration, by a dynamicaly textured model, but it won't be for this release confused_o.gif.

Keep posting your proposals! We need guys like you refreshing us with new ideas! ;)

Quote[/b] ]

Keep posting your proposals! We need guys like you refreshing us with new ideas! wink_o.gif

Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment. tounge2.gif

I'll also keep you updated if I come up with some more ideas again.

Yea the exploding bodies thing is a good idea, but if it is something like the y2k3 thing i would pass(causes too much lag)

Quote[/b] ] but if it is something like the y2k3 thing i would pass(causes too much lag)

Still too unrealistic, I think.

A body doesn't just blow up into bits like that.

Maybe, setting off a 120mm mortar round underneath your feet would blow your legs into bits and the body will fly 20feet above ground, but that's about it. icon_rolleyes.gif