Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.075...The countdown begins.

Things which people have been asking in the OFP2 section of the forums for OFP2 have been implemented in it wink_o.gif .

like what? im curious biggrin_o.gif

Me too. Are you still using the usual methods of editing; configs/scripts/functions? Or have you discovered something else? I'm very interested! smile_o.gif

Activation Bugs are still present in this ECP so once ECP coders get around to contacting me about fixing that I'm sure ECP will be pretty much ready for prime time.. I mean good to go smile_o.gif

@FireflyPL:

We did talk about it (version 2.0), i think it was dropped for some reason or the other i cant remember but there was a reason for this.And all i can say about the first pages listed features is that they are NOT ALL wink_o.gif .

@Ruff:

That ECP savegame bug is ONLY when you play a mission in ECP save it and then next time try to reload it in plain OFP without ECP , its a bug which is sadly still here and wasnt fixed. However once you start playing with ECP who needs plain OFP biggrin_o.gif . Its a minor problem not THAT big a issue.

@Matt:

If your an intelligent person you will know what those features are , if i say more it'll be giving it away wink_o.gif .

@Fragorl:

I think ECP's dev is limited to OFP's engine limitations so i guess its the same 'configs/scripts/functions' trio that is editted and modified. However technical questions you are better off asking to dev team members and not lowly fools like me , they are the all knowing wise ones smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]

That ECP savegame bug is ONLY when you play a mission in ECP save it and then next time try to reload it in plain OFP without ECP , its a bug which is sadly still here and wasnt fixed.

This is just not true.

I use ECP all the time and the save game bug shows itself all the time.

I have my own little way around the problem, but the fact remains it isn't as described above.

Planck

Quote[/b] ]That ECP savegame bug is ONLY when you play a mission in ECP save it and then next time try to reload it in plain OFP without ECP , its a bug which is sadly still here and wasnt fixed.

AFAIK it can't even be fixed because the savegame saves all the scripts, variables etc. that are running when the mission is saved (well, due to certain OFP bugs not everything is saved correctly wink_o.gif ) and if you try to load the saved game without ECP running it will get funked as the ECP scripts/etc are not available...

The savegame bug that people here are referring to is the one caused by too many global variables, which is again a OFP bug...

And this as I understood has been circumvented in the upcoming ECP...

At least somebody said that a long time ago in some old ECP thread... I think...

The savegame bug that people here are referring to is the one caused by too many global variables, which is again a OFP bug...

And this as I understood has been circumvented in the upcoming ECP...

At least somebody said that a long time ago in some old ECP thread... I think...

That is correct. I don't know if it has officially been decided to be 100% squashed, but the upcoming version of ECP works with and stores its global variables in a significantly different manner than 1.071 did in the hopes of getting around this OFP limitation.

I personally haven't experienced a save game crash with the dev version, so OFP appears to be pleased with the new method of doing things and the bug seems to be a thing of the past.

The only savegame crashes ive seen with the new ECP are when you load a ECP savegame on a plain OFP. Other then that it loads all savegames fine , thats the reason why i even forgot about the old ECP's tendency to CTD when loading from heavily scripted missions.

yep

the old ecp don't know which 1 u using ace combat u beta tester tounge_o.gif didn't work with loading saves etc. i expected ecp not to work with loading normal ofp with ecp saved game due to heavy scripting and effects

Btw, what is the main difference between ECP/E-ECP and eg. FlasFX? I know what they are individually but I can't really see what differs them in the core. Both seems to add cool effects and replace units.

I havent tried FX (not to keen on downloading 700mb) but E-ECP is quite nice and imho sufficient. I'm not that heavilly into cool effects since I prefer OFP to run smoothly with many units.

There are so many of these mods its hard to tell the difference nowadays.

marcus

EECP basically uses ECP as its core for config/effects and so forth and replaces BIS units with other units.

ECP is a Enhanced configuration MOD which delves in the config and modifies things in there along with adding a few more addons to provide a truly enhanced gameplay and exploring OFP's true potential.

FlashFX is a explosions/effects only mod it doesnt add as much as ECP does.

FlashFX replacement Mod is another replacement Mod like Y2K3 and EECP which replaces BIS units with other ones and uses the Flash FX explosions/effects as its core probably? hence the FFUR name.

Ah. I was under the impression that they too added new scripts/animations.

Let me rephrase a bit. If i already use E-ECP with the units etc. Will i notice a huge difference against say FX when it comes to explosions etc?

My dream would be some sort of script that keeps your units(ai lead) together as a coherent fighting unit. Without those Rambo charges that annoys me. One can reduce it slightly with some of the ofpec scripts but not enough imho.

Of all the numerous patches BIS released I never understood why they didn't look into this. It's one of my few complaints about OFP actually, since i dont care about flying and stuff.

BM

Quote[/b] ]Ah. I was under the impression that they too added new scripts/animations.

Ah but since EECP uses ECP as its core everything ECP has will be in EECP as well including scripts and all the other gucci things wink_o.gif . FFUR has new animations and a few scripts in it as well to enhance gameplay along with y2k3. But they dont come close to the enhancement ECP has reached now as they are personal modifications with the author editting and taking things out with their own discretion.

Quote[/b] ]Let me rephrase a bit. If i already use E-ECP with the units etc. Will i notice a huge difference against say FX when it comes to explosions etc?

Compared to what? normal ECP? Then no i think it'll be the same unless Kurayami (the creator of EECP) decides against it and modifies it according to his taste adding/deleting things at personal will. I dont have EECP so i dont know at present whats the situation with it.

Quote[/b] ]My dream would be some sort of script that keeps your units(ai lead) together as a coherent fighting unit. Without those Rambo charges that annoys me. One can reduce it slightly with some of the ofpec scripts but not enough imho.

Umm you can do that yourself with normal game controls cant you? Just keep the units in line , keep them in control by telling them to stop when you want or move whenever you will as well. The AI's capabilities also depend upon their rank/skill factor try messing with it for improved results.

Quote[/b] ]

Umm you can do that yourself with normal game controls cant you? Just keep the units in line , keep them in control by telling them to stop when you want or move whenever you will as well. The AI's capabilities also depend upon their rank/skill factor try messing with it for improved results.

BM

I have never managed to make individual AI:s stop doing suicidal rushes, never mind the formation/combat mode etc. If someone knows a foolproof script on ofpec I'm happy to know.

Of course it rarelly happens when I lead the squad.

Quote[/b] ]

I have never managed to make individual AI:s stop doing suicidal rushes, never mind the formation/combat mode etc. If someone knows a foolproof script on ofpec I'm happy to know.

What exactly do those AIs do? They shouldn't engage at all unless you order them to. Are you experiencing this in a mission which is made by somebody else? Then the cause of this would be more likely to be your units whos engagements is set to "engage at will". Take them off "engage at will" to "Disengage" then they will just stay in formation all the time. (unless ofcourse, you order them to engage)

Try that. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

What exactly do those AIs do? They shouldn't engage at all unless you order them to. Are you experiencing this in a mission which is made by somebody else? Then the cause of this would be more likely to be your units whos engagements is set to "engage at will". Take them off "engage at will" to "Disengage" then they will just stay in formation all the time. (unless ofcourse, you order them to engage)

Try that. smile_o.gif

Actually I've been wondering about that. How do you set the "Disengage" combat mode?

No matter what I do some guys allways rush out. This is when AI leads btw. It's annoying because they have this tendency to rush madly. I have tried setting the mode to yellow and less. But I still want them to shoot of course.

BM

Quote[/b] ]

Actually I've been wondering about that. How do you set the "Disengage" combat mode?

No matter what I do some guys allways rush out. This is when AI leads btw. It's annoying because they have this tendency to rush madly. I have tried setting the mode to yellow and less. But I still want them to shoot of course.

BM

When an AI officer is in command of a squad, the officer WILL order soldiers to engage at a target. There should be more then one solution to this problem, I'm just wondering which would be the easiest and simplest solution.

Anyone? rock.gif

Set the behavior differently... just check the old COMREF for the info....

Quote[/b] ]

There is a script (tracker.sqs)from a demomission named NO_firststrike, that came with the Mi-2 chopper made by Our weapons project.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=4495

Quote[/b] ]

AI Fixing script. Should make AI (group leader) get down, when enemy is near and even stop when it's too close.

Getting back to ECP.

With the improved AI, is it really noticeable when you fight against them or even fight with them?

Please tell us more about that, because thats one of the things I'm really looking forward to.

Cheers G.A.

Yep, playing "steal the car" can get pretty nasty! biggrin_o.gif

AI will communicate, tell the others near him where he spotted the nmi, they may decide to help.

Yep, playing "steal the car" can get pretty nasty!  biggrin_o.gif

AI will communicate, tell the others near him where he spotted the nmi, they may decide to help.

Any chance of being able to share information with an AI as a player? (when not being in the same group as the AI)