Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFX replacement Units

Hi,

I got just one question (for now ;)

Can I use the high res version of ORCS motorized Infantry V2.0 instead of this medium one?

Thank you in advance for help.

Kind regards,

voodzia

If the paths are the same you can use any of the low/medium/high version of the ORCS units, the only difference is the textures size and should not affect the mod itself

Quote[/b] ]One more thing - it's said to install all addons to res/addons dir. But some addons do not need to be placed there.

So I just would like to know if it's essential for this mod to work properly to copy all addons into res/addons dir?

I advice to leave the content of the Res folder clean , without any unofficial addons

Use mod folder with an "Addons" folder inside, i have never met any addon/mod that stopped working when using mod folder, and i think this replacement mod would be the same.

Quote[/b] ]I kept the sound of M16 because I suggest you to download this pack, which gives the best sound of M16, and nearest on the level to the realism wink_o.gif

Already do that ;)

What about this CTD in missions? Anyone else experienced it?

That csla mi-24 gives me an error like missing random number script.Any fix?

And that is eecp missing script...

I still have CTD when i try to play normal mission like battlefields..

And open 5Ton truck wont work, even i had installed everything corectly. ..

BTW, can you use this sound of M16, from this pack that you gave link us? IMHO It is way better from this Suchey and Earl one smile_o.gif

i can't understand why the truck doesn't work for you crazy_o.gif

is the problem the same one at the others? rock.gif

Ok I'll again replace the M16 sound tounge_o.gif

but wait for the next FlashFX (1.9 or 2.0 )

wink_o.gif

edit : I hope it'll get out very soon

Importan thing - on ofp.info one mirror is wrong. It says "Sigma 0.5 tank pack" - but when you klick on the link you will download Sigma USPACK which is completly diffrent addon. Tanks from Sigma 0.5 pack are Russians one, USPACK is for USA. T72 replacement is in Sigma 0.5 pack. If someone did'nt download it he would'nt play. Thats why i had this annoying CTD.

Now everything works well. Ofp.info team please correct your newpost smile_o.gifHere is the good version of Sigma 0.5 tank pack.

Thunderbird - open Marfy 5 Ton truck addon without any changes shoud'nt work. Marfy didnt create open version - it was Kuryami and Pappy Boygton who did it.

And E:ECP is not high-end only if you configure the ECP options accordingly to your system.

Indeed. ECP is extremely scalable. I've played it on a Celeron 633/Radeon 7500 system. FFX does look to be considerably lighter, though, so I'd expect it to perform even better.

I've used kurayami /Maa MI24 , i'll fix this now

Don't credit me for the Mi-24. tounge_o.gif

That is entirely the work of the CSLA guys.

Hi

For those of us Running EECp which of those Addons wont we need to Download seeing as we already have them?

Im seeing these one as Addons not in EECP

* Nemesis FlashFX 1.8

* Carl Camo PBR

* ORCS motorized Infantry V2.0

* ORCS motorized weapon pack

* DanAk47 M14 pack

* INQ M60 [2.3 MB] from FTP#1 or FTP#2

* INQ M1 [6.4 MB] from FTP#1 or FTP#2

I *NQ Weapon Pack [20.9 MB] from FTP#1 or FTP#2

* Edge retextured guerilla

I Think thats it?

Thunderbird - open Marfy 5 Ton truck addon without any changes shoud'nt work. Marfy didnt create open version - it was Kuryami and Pappy Boygton who did it.

hey.. kur had the idea... it was me that actualy followed thru and did it tounge_o.gif cuz i got sick and tired of waiting on dead people replying to emails

so yes you (thunderbird) need to download and upload the maf_5ton thingy from my Y2K3 mod in order to fix that problem

Quote[/b] ]Actualy your Y2K3 stresses my high end system more then EECP :P I would guess yours has more things going on in the background then the others. Like you said you took what you liked from ECP and other effects and unit scripts and meshed it all together, not to mention yours has the best explosions ;) (IMHO of course)

the default does yes, try the Performance Enhancer which is the flagship config, it runs like a beaut

Quote[/b] ]And E:ECP is not high-end only if you configure the ECP options accordingly to your system.

according to my sytem i have to shut off almost everything which defeats the purpose of using it.

Quote[/b] ]All I see is a shameless plug.

forgot to mention that i pluged FFX in the Y2K3 topic a couple times too so tounge_o.gif

i said it there and ill say it here, if you are running a seriously low end machine that cant run Y2K3-PE then flashfx (and now the FFXUR) is then what i reccomend you check out.

@Warden : exactly wink_o.gif , you won't need BAS addons

Quote[/b] ]open Marfy 5 Ton truck addon without any changes shoud'nt work. Marfy didnt create open version - it was Kuryami and Pappy Boygton who did it.

Ok , I'll see this , and try to fix it , I'll come back with new modifications too , and hope with a working TracerFX script included in the cpp wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

so yes you (thunderbird) need to download and upload the maf_5ton thingy from my Y2K3 mod in order to fix that problem

TnX to let me use the truck smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]EECP= High End PC Users

Y2K3=Medium Range PC Users

FFXUR= Low Range PC Users

stange because i get more fps on EECP than Y2K3

Congrats! best mod for slow comps like mine, I LOVE IT!

but Can someone plz tell me how to replace the BIS BMP2 with CSLA BMP2?

Sorry for the delay - here is the complete pack with all the addons available to download off OFPFiles.com.

DOWNLOAD

You should really help EECP and incorporate your effects into ECP or EECP as its will be made to run with the new ECP and EECP runs better on slower systems.

Making a brand new mod which everyone has to reconfigure and download more mods is a waste of time.

Good on ya for trying to make something i just think its a bit late after EECP and another has been around for some time.

Notice for those using the Anim.pbo that is a part of this mod :

I spent some times today trying to improve my "crouchready" animation that the author included in his Anim.pbo and ended in something i think to be more satisfying.

You can download the new animation from the "Animation Sharing Center" thread linked in my signature, as i just update the thread with it.

Then you will have to put the files you can download in the FlashFX replacement Units modded Anim.pbo to use them ingame.

Thanks Raven smile_o.gif

hehe Sanctuary , very nice anim , I'll put it in the anim.pbo wink_o.gif

By the way, noticing Lycos was killing the files when someone was downloading under Firefox or some other browsers, i updated every posts of the Sharing Animation Center with a new link (that has been tested successfully under Firefox) .

So if you had problems downloading some of my animations previously due to Lycos, you can from now with the new link i added in each of my posts.

Quote[/b] ]

TnX to let me use the truck  smile_o.gif

just for future referance, feel free to use anything from Y2K3.

well except the custom Pistol sights. i would prefer they stay exclusive to Y2K3 only.

but anything else you can use (including the pistol sounds, CD Player script [credit goes to me for CD player] and anything else i used) smile_o.gif

Updated FlashFX Modern Units 1.8 ++

Info

*Bmp2 replaced by CSLA Bmp2

*Hmmwv replaced by Combat Hmmwv

*M2A2 replaced by Combat M2A2

*Fixed all errors

*Added animation "lower goggle..." to the US crew , and to the US SpecOP, in english, french and german 'Special thanks to Kurayami'

*Fixed M16 sound , and replaced by Sam's pack sound

*I have prefer not to replace the jeepMG by HmmwvM2,

because Hmmwv has a shielding superior with that of the jeepMG, and the crew is more insecurity in HmmwvM2 in a jeepM2, and also, to keep a coherence between the jeep and the jeepMG.

*I prefer not to replace the UH 60 by the blackhawk of BAS, because there is a mission of the Campaign 1985 which need the use of the rockets of the BIS UH 60, and BAS chopper doesn't have any.

*New animations (done by Sanctuary) added to the anim.pbo .

snap4409nf.jpg

Download section

FlashFX modern Units replacement 1.8 ++

Patch

ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/CBT_BRAD_V1.41.rar

ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/CBT_HMMWV_V1.1.rar

misc

*I added the addon truck and addon EECP_RSC in Res/addons archieve

*Fixed all download links

Special thanks to Kuba, eestika88 for reporting bugs ; to Silent N Deadly for hosting link and to all others smile_o.gif

Edited : Need mirrors to host the config please,because I've just 7 days to keep mine sad_o.gif

thanks a lot silent N deadly wink_o.gif

I think of replacing BIS cobra by one from these 2, which one do you propose to me ?

wink_o.gif

Screen

Cobra,"real jungle version"

ah-1w-andmissile3.jpg