Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFX replacement Units

well i tell you what, you finnaly inspired me to look into that tracer script thingy for personal use.. i gone done and traded out the laser beams for the way you did it in your config, and i must admit it is much more fun to randomly shoot at stuff now smile_o.gif

so, althou i never downloaded your mod, your idea to use the script facinated me thus using it myself. very nice work. good luck with your next project

Simple question: is it better to install all those *.pbo in res/addons or in the FFX mod folder. The same question goes for the Marine Assault pack ? Thanx.

Should we create a dta directory in the FFX directory ?

@thunderbird84

Yeah, I'm really satisfied your great work.

Have a nice rest smile_o.gif

@Totala

In my case I've created a new folder and put it all contents of FlashFX replacement Units mod just as same as othermod.

It works normally tounge_o.gif

Hi, ok i have trouble installing, the flashfx1.8 do you expect us to put the flashfx folder on the addons folder or just put em on the ofp directory

@Dps

Did you see the readme file or the first post of this thread? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]*You have the choice between installing this config like a MOD

or replacing Res/bin/config

And it may work both of methods smile_o.gif

So far I liked it, but I dont like the way the russian soldier looks... no fense,ORCS units are nice but its not nicer than the russian soldier on the such&earl, is it possible to change them to the russian soldier on the marine assault pack addon or the one from RHS? like the EECP ones...

is it absolutely 100% crucial that you put everything in res/addons and replace the bis config and such?

and will it do any harm if i choose to start with like FDF, EECP, Y2K3 or any other mod?

or will everything work as normal even if i do choose to go with another mod (especially one that replaces BIS units and vehicles like EECP or Y2K3)?

i replaced my res config and everything works well it won't harm other mods.Other mods won't have replacement units

I just want to thank you for all the hard work you've done to bring us this fantastic replacement pack!!

ok, so i just installed it, and i choosed not to install it as a mod folder.

BUT, i get a CTD when i try to start the game, no error message or anything, just a complete CTD.

i installed every addon required (though i dont understand why i should download both sig tanks 0.5 and sig tanks (wich i belive is 1.0, its ths same addons, and when i checked the dates, both where identical, both in size and date))

so, what might be the problem for me?

@the_shadow

From Kuba's post

Quote[/b] ]Importan thing - on ofp.info one mirror is wrong. It says "Sigma 0.5 tank pack" - but when you klick on the link you will download Sigma USPACK which is completly diffrent addon. Tanks from Sigma 0.5 pack are Russians one, USPACK is for USA. T72 replacement is in Sigma 0.5 pack. If someone did'nt download it he would'nt play. Thats why i had this annoying CTD.

Now everything works well. Ofp.info team please correct your newpost smile_o.gif

here is the good version of Sigma 0.5 tank pack.

I think it would be solve your problem.

roger, so i DO need to install the russian tanks from the sig tanks 0.5 file?

nope, just threw in everything from the sig tanks 0.5 file, still a CTD without error.

do note. there are both sig tanks and sig tanks 0.5 stated that they are needed in the first post of this thread. both files do contain EXACTLEY the same files, same sizes and same date, no difference what so ever.

wich one is the correct? i have tried with both (and the one linked to in the previous post, wich is also the same)

and i still get a CTD without any kind of error message.

i would really appreciate if someone could help me figure out what might cause the problem.

oh, when im still at it, i have since i removed and reinstalled my entire computer had problems with some addons in OFP makes a .model special error, might be due to too many addons, even though i run the game with -nomap

so i appreciate any help i could get to make the game work as it should.

@The Shadow

Try puting T-72 in editor. If everything is working well, that means that you dont have another addon.

Make sure that you have this files:

CBT HMMWV

CBT HMMWV

EDG Retextured Resistance

@Thunderbird

What about Replace US Trucks with this new ones? I suggest that maybe 2 HEMMT's will stay as ammo and repair truck, but fuel truck will be changed by fuel truck from MP pack.

yeah, i do have all the addons required, but i still cant even start the game.

i just get to the "waiting" screen, then it just flips back to desktop.

that is without running any other mod folder or anything.

[edit] oh, and i might mention that i use the tracer thingy config....

sorry guys for the trouble, but it works now..

i just overwrote all addons required, and found that one of them wasnt installed. that must have been what caused the CTD.

so, no need for help anymore, everything works fine now smile_o.gif

thanks

is it absolutely 100% crucial that you put everything in res/addons and replace the bis config and such?

and will it do any harm if i choose to start with like FDF, EECP, Y2K3 or any other mod?

or will everything work as normal even if i do choose to go with another mod (especially one that replaces BIS units and vehicles like EECP or Y2K3)?

here how it works:

when you run the OFP shortcut.. for example:

-mod=BAS;USN;USCG;Y2K3;

the Y2K3 folder is loaded last. therefore the config.bin in the Y2K3/bin folder will be the last one read, therefore the game defaults that mod. now if the USCG folder was last (and it had a bin folder with a config.bin in it) then it would be loaded as the default config rather then Y2K3.

whatever folder is last the game loads as default thus getting that mod as "default". so if FDF is last, then your game will be FDF; if CSLA is last, then your game will be CSLA, if Y2K3 is last... you get the idea.

you cant run two configs at the same time, not it will cause problems, the game just simply wont load more then one config. althou for awhile i ran ECP and GMR together and i have no clue how i did it, but it worked crazy_o.gif anyway, typicly, you couldnt run 2 mods at the same time that use thier own config. the last one in the shortcut is the last one loaded and the default one running.

Quote[/b] ]noticed a bug: tracerfix script ruins it all sad_o.gif

yea awesome effects like that have a tendancy to ruin a game rock.gif sucks seeing tracer rounds bounce off things randomly blues.gif

not just this way, it ruins the game like CTD when swiching island or

prewieving in editor.

Probably another newbie/install question : are regular M1A1 supposed to be replaced ? I guess so but I can't see much change if any ... did I miss something ? INQ-M1.pbo is in my FlashFLX/addons directory. I do get the really improved FX such as explosions and so on

I settled all the extra addons in FlashFX/addons ... Again, auto-install would solve most of the newbie troubles. Maybe, a demo mission might also help to find out wether the FFX-UR is properly installed tounge_o.gif

FFX-UR is still a GREAT work by the way  smile_o.gif

It is also true that FFX-UR is indeed brand new, thus I guess we can understand that an autoinstalller was not your priority.

Eestikas 88,check that you installed all correctly, checks that you have all necessary addons in your addons directory,you need to download the updated version of the Tracer's FX

You can use this config like a mod , you can replace BIS config by mine too

@Kuba: I'll do more replacements for the incoming FlashFX 1.9

@Totala , check my first post , maybe you'll find an answer wink_o.gif

@Pappy Boyinghton . Thanks a lot man , good luck with your Y2K3 projects and all others smile_o.gif

Voodzia gave me the idea to change the informations about weapons in the briefing basing myself on Fas.org informations

I find this Idea very nice , and maybe I'll do modifications in the OFP cfg wink_o.gif

Thanx thunderbird84, I'll be rechecking wink_o.gif

By the way, it sounds like smoke fx cause lag while playing on distant win 1.96 server ... ping is increasing while bandwith is going down. I'll have to find out wether it is not mission specific rock.gif maybe the server config has something wrong...