Sign in to follow this  
marco-polo-iv

AH-64 Pack Release

roger that, but plzz give a look @ the undercarriage maybe you can spot the problem than cause that undercarriage looks better.And his m230 they looks really fine also

Well, I suppose I will get to that at a later time, as for now, I have moved from modeling to scripting for the time being, and I have redone the LOAL and LOBL hellfire scripts. I also added the rocket salvos and currently, me and Marco Polo are working on creating new crosshairs and cursors for all of the weapons. These will be the same cursors seen on the IHADSS display IRL... Will have pictures of them as soon as they are ingame. wink_o.gif

is there any way to give the apache better radar range, because I can remember if your behind a rock, and then only just a meter below the top, the whole radar view is blocked..

Is there a way to set the radar in a way so its really ONTOP of the mast in the dome? Meaning when the dome is exposed its enough to get the radar picture?

You guys are really doing great work, but I wouldnt mind having the best apache that OFP could handle because I absolutly LOOOVEE flying the apache in OFP cuz of the way you can fly it, between the trees and such!

isnt there a way to make an option for the optics to put a nightvision that is built into the helicopter rather than being forced to use your personal night vision which limits peripheral vision? kind of like the fennek or something like that? i remember their periscope had nightvision...

manhunter09, Ill work on it, but I can't promise anything.

Agent556, well that all depends, it might be possible to simulate it, but definatly no way of making an actual NVG overlay (like the one on infantry NVGs) without actualy giving the pilot NVGs and forcing them on. However, I don't think it is even nessecary to even do this, since the pilots will simply have NVGs  wink_o.gif  and if we do make new pilots (I am experimenting with this) their NVGs won't be visible when on (like I said, it will simulate it)...  biggrin_o.gif

oh man, we are gonna get a beauty of an apache here tounge_o.gif btw Kyle can I have your e-mail adress so I can send you some pics, of the dutch version, I've got some great ideas for them

yeah its just that your peripheral vision on a MONITOR is gone... its just strange when you have to lose sight of the edges or your optics just so you can see in the night....

oh and can you explain what you mean by simulating and that the NVGs wont be visible?

Well, basicly, on the new pilots, the NVG proxy will be removed, so that old 1980's NVG model won't be seen when they turn on their night vision.

As for my e-mail, it is in my profile, but incase the forum won't show it to you (I know it does that sometimes):

bigdawgkskaos@hotmail.com

Just no spamming please...

Updates:

1. New cursors completed and added, they look good ingame and should remain relativly the same untill release, will post screenshots of that later

2. I did some major editing of the front of the apache model, and be aware that the front area still needs some retexture work, here is a screenshot:

ah61correct16pa.th.jpg

(Click For Larger Image)

3. Also, I am still trying to get some new pilots, more information on that when I have some...

something I took today

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/manhunter2004/PICT0244.jpg

also got the gun from real close.. but that has been fixed allready!

also note these

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/manhunter2004/PICT0245.jpg

EDIT

Dutch AF AH-64D

EDIT 2

Nice work on the cockpits man!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums....193.jpg

BTW on the AH-64 IRL.... The weapon pylons move IE the FFAR pods and the hellfire pods... they tilt up and down

That appears to be some sort of weapon mount with no weapon on it, looks like the AIM-9 Sidewinder mounts, but a little different, and I am not sure what exactly it is but I know that BIS made a mistake in putting those on the AH-64 A model.

If I'm not mistaken, they are sensor, jammer, and decoy pods. The round lenses at the front and back of the pods are laser warning sensors. The empty, square-shaped bays in the middle are for chaff, and flare. Or, they may house the electronics for a radar jamming system.

I'm fairly certain that's what these pods are for.

yes but they arent on any apache in OFP!

and also the other picture shows the backside of the cheeck's so to speak, and please observe this picture and then go into ofp and check the apache ingame! wow_o.gif

The cheeks go up and become higher after the wings, and also the part next to the engine exhausts isnt completly right!

Not to mention all the different bumps and stuff for the electronics!

EDIT

some more photos

http:\\www.opflash.org/news/images/Manhunter/screens/PICT0240.jpg

Close up of teh gun, and also a view of the undercarriage which has much thicker tube then ingame, and also steps on it!

http:\\www.opflash.org/news/images/Manhunter/screens/PICT0241.jpg

Gun from side

http:\\www.opflash.org/news/images/Manhunter/screens/PICT0242.jpg

Nose section

http:\\www.opflash.org/news/images/Manhunter/screens/PICT0243.jpg

Step into meh office! biggrin_o.gif

I told you there was something wrong with the undercarriage

Baz, I know that, but impossible to do in OFP, period.

As for the ECM pods on the dutch version, well maybe Marco can do them for the dutch version, but the U.S. (and other countries) don't use them because thats where they mount Air-To-Air weapons, such as Sidewinders or ATAS (Stingers).

As for the undercarrige, what do you mean by thicker tubes? rock.gif That really doesn't tell me much, and I still can't see anything wrong with the current undercarrige.

The exhaust sections I have changed, and it is not noticable from the screens I showed, but I did fix them they are now the correct width and shape.

Ok, anyways I want to stop worrying about the little things on the model now and move on to scripts, etc...

I am going to start adding the of the scripts such as the ground taxi script and suspention, etc...

More updates soon.

In US versions, radar and laser warning recievers, jammers, and decoys are built into the fuselage- allowing the ends of the stub-wings to mount weapons like air-to-air, or anti-radiation missiles.

I'm not sure why the Dutch felt the need to enhance the basic capibilities of the countermeasures suite, at the expence of combat payload. If electronic-directed SAM's, and AAA are that much of a threat, they haven't yet completed the SEAD mission, thereby ensuring air superiority/dominance.

One of the weapons carried on the wingtip staions can include anti-radiation missiles, which destroy anti-aircraft threats. Then the helos don't have to carry the weight of addditional countermeasures.

The Dutch Apaches still have the radar-jammer along with the black boxes in the left avionics bay. The IR-jammer (disco ball) is still the behind the main rotors.

I think we use the F-16's for ground targets they go in first! But in modern multi national conflicts there is a combined force and most of the times the US takes the lead and they bomb and shoot everything to shit, and then we use the apaches to cover ground troops and insertions. But then the enemy will have RPG's, AA Missiles, or MG's of somekind, also its digital warfare and they can still share info with other units like US D apaches with radar dome, or koiwa's... etc

And its this configuration with which they flew in Afghanistan, there will still an ISAF badge on the side.

Quote[/b] ]The Dutch Apaches still have the radar-jammer along with the black boxes in the left avionics bay. The IR-jammer (disco ball) is still the behind the main rotors.

Right. So why the extra pods? If the Apaches are under that much threat from radar-directed SAM's, and AAA fire, someone needs to destroy those threats. Thats supression of enemy air defenses. (SEAD)

Seems to me, all the pods do is add weight and decrease combat payload, in addition to costing a real monetary expence for a small-budget military. And the SAM, and AAA threat still exists.

I mean, that's just my take on it. I could be full of crap.

I think we use the F-16's for ground targets they go in first! But in modern multi national conflicts there is a combined force and most of the times the US takes the lead and they bomb and shoot everything to shit, and then we use the apaches to cover ground troops and insertions. But then the enemy will have RPG's, AA Missiles, or MG's of somekind, also its digital warfare and they can still share info with other units like US D apaches with radar dome, or koiwa's... etc

And its this configuration with which they flew in Afghanistan, there will still an ISAF badge on the side.

The pods won't protect the chopper from RPG's and manually aimed HMG's. They may increase survivability versus MANPADS, but the standard equipment in the fuselage is supposed to protect against MANPADS threat, without taking up vital weapons space.