Sign in to follow this  
marco-polo-iv

AH-64 Pack Release

I would just like to see a pilot with an authentic flightsuit and helmet Apache crew use.

I have got some on my PC, of dutch apache pilots in Iraq, you can see their gear on it

I believe Franze have some AH64 crew with the helmet. Maybe ask him?

Just need some work on those green pyjamas they were wearing (according to how I remember them).

I'll see what I can find tonight on Apache crew pics, but it already looks like Kyle have some useable material there.

Duh you forgoet I was making crews for all the apachee mods. Need to finish texture work on them and a little model tweaks.

Also made Marine snake jockies but you forget again and have to spank people. =(

I believe Franze have some AH64 crew with the helmet. Maybe ask him?

Just need some work on those green pyjamas they were wearing (according to how I remember them).

I'll see what I can find tonight on Apache crew pics, but it already looks like Kyle have some useable material there.

I will be working on the suit textures after the "main part" is done,I'm not giving any large info away but for those that would like to figure out what this means by yourselves then be my guest.

If you have any pics of dutch or british or any apache or apache pilot pictures you can find then please PM them to me as I can easily find US Army and have over 850 pics of them,the rest are not many if not scarce.

Yes thats nice but its BIS textures and BIS model,which has several wrong points,Franze's AH-64 is the most accurate to the real thing,sorry for all those BIS Apache fans but its true,I can point these out in a heartbeat but I'm not here to point fingers.

I think your right, I hate the Bis model and the only thing people are doing is making some extra options on the BIS model. If you want to create a good apache ffs change the textures and flat modelling of that BIS wreck. I think the best modelled apache, is still the apache of Franze, try to modify that thing with some good textures and some extra options wink_o.gif but plz get rid of that BIS look, its to short, to square and to small, the textures suck and the rotors stay up even when you have put out the engine the wheels stay in oine position even when its landed tounge_o.gif

Well, first off I will start by saying that you two are both wrong, it is WAS the BIS model and textures, but severly edited, now everything is as it should be, the wheels, weapon pylons, rotors and cockpit were all redone to look like it should, like an apache actually looks like. The textures are new too, that is just the BASE model, which means no specialization to the model, so all of the other models are built up from that one, including textures and etc... The cockpit has been heavily modified, the shape has been corrected, and now I can say there is very little, if anything, that does not look like a real apache should...

And Harmed, everything you mentioned about how wrong the BIS model was (which I do agree) has or will be fixed, I assure you. I should have more pictures soon...

New updates on the model:

ah64compare3wr.th.jpg

(Click For Larger Image)

M230 still isn't very visible from this picture, but its still the same as the last picture I posted of it. You also can't tell from this picture, but the wheels have been scaled up to their correct size, and what is visible in this picture are the changes made to the cockpit, the weapon pylons, and the rotors... The rotors are also "bent" down now when at rest, they are no longer rock solid tounge_o.gif

something isnt right with the undercarriage, Ive said this many times to many ppl I dont know what is wrong but something doesnt look right... Maybee you guys could also make round wheels, like the BIS Blackhawk Vs. BAS blackhawk   they made new wheels which look allot more like wheels instead of round objects... Im sorry to bitch about small things though

Too bad there are/were 3 different ppl working on the same 1 model... I would think combining all the stuff from all the models into 1 would be the best option, including those l337 hellfire scripts by Kyle, because then you could actually use the hellfires like in real world!  smile_o.gif

Also the radar should be improved or something like a system so you could actually do the masking unmasking and squeez hellfire off, and go down and out of the area... REALISM is what we need for these kind of addons otherwise you could just as well grab the BIS version...

Dont get meh wrong i love all your work but it could be soooo much better! blues.gif

EDIT

I love the new green MFD's though!

something isnt right with the undercarriage, Ive said this many times to many ppl I dont know what is wrong but something doesnt look right... Maybee you guys could also make round wheels, like the BIS Blackhawk Vs. BAS blackhawk   they made new wheels which look allot more like wheels instead of round objects... Im sorry to bitch about small things though

Too bad there are/were 3 different ppl working on the same 1 model... I would think combining all the stuff from all the models into 1 would be the best option, including those l337 hellfire scripts by Kyle, because then you could actually use the hellfires like in real world!  smile_o.gif

Also the radar should be improved or something like a system so you could actually do the masking unmasking and squeez hellfire off, and go down and out of the area... REALISM is what we need for these kind of addons otherwise you could just as well grab the BIS version...

Dont get meh wrong i love all your work but it could be soooo much better! blues.gif

EDIT

I love the new green MFD's though!

rock.gif Well if you don't know what the problem is with the undercarrige then how can one fix it? Anyways, well, I don't think there is anything wrong with the current wheels, they seem round enough, but wherever I can keep low poly parts then I do, because rounding the wheels would just add quite a few uneeded polys that could go into something that needs a more drastic change... However if by the time I feel the model is finished and there are still polys to spare, I will see what I can do about the wheels. As for my scripts, I am redoing them for this pack to make them more effective and MP friendly...

Expect more updates soon....

My only suggestion would be for you to make the hydra rocket pods a bit smalled,irl they are not that large.

If anything, they are only 10% bigger than they should be, because IRL they use different sized rocket pods, there are a bunch of different launcher pods out there, some that hold more rockets than others, and that usualy determines the size.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/equip/lau-hydra-7.htm

More information on the different launchers....

well guess I'll drop completing the chopper crews and go back to working on more important projects now need having 20 different verssions of the same thing..

bobcatt, i cant imagine how much stuff you have in wip folder wink_o.gif

20 gig drive wasn't enough, just broke down and got a 120 gig and put a dent in it consolidating addons wip. =p

Quote[/b] ]M230 still isn't very visible from this picture, but its still the same as the last picture I posted of it. You also can't tell from this picture, but the wheels have been scaled up to their correct size, and what is visible in this picture are the changes made to the cockpit, the weapon pylons, and the rotors... The rotors are also "bent" down now when at rest, they are no longer rock solid

Tnx m8, is there also gonna be variable suspension, on the new version? so when it lands the suspension will move towards the fuselage of the heli, and when it lands the suspension will spring out. Like on a real apache. Plzzz can you do that smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]M230 still isn't very visible from this picture, but its still the same as the last picture I posted of it. You also can't tell from this picture, but the wheels have been scaled up to their correct size, and what is visible in this picture are the changes made to the cockpit, the weapon pylons, and the rotors... The rotors are also "bent" down now when at rest, they are no longer rock solid  

Tnx m8, is there also gonna be variable suspension, on the new version? so when it lands the suspension will move towards the fuselage of the heli, and when it lands the suspension will spring out. Like on a real apache. Plzzz can you do that smile_o.gif

Allready underway, just have to sync the animationphase with the height of the chopper...

Quote[/b] ]something isnt right with the undercarriage, Ive said this many times to many ppl I dont know what is wrong but something doesnt look right... Maybee you guys could also make round wheels, like the BIS Blackhawk Vs. BAS blackhawk they made new wheels which look allot more like wheels instead of round objects... Im sorry to bitch about small things though

Too bad there are/were 3 different ppl working on the same 1 model... I would think combining all the stuff from all the models into 1 would be the best option, including those l337 hellfire scripts by Kyle, because then you could actually use the hellfires like in real world!

Dont get meh wrong i love all your work but it could be soooo much better!

Yes youre right, the wheels and the undercarriage are far to small and sleek, look at the undercarriage of the Franze apache, that matches more with the real stuff

and @ Kyle Sarnik tnx nice to notice that someone is listening to other people opinions, this way we are getting a perfect apache smile_o.gif

OFP doesn't have the engine qualities to get a "perfect" apache,for 1 the horizon issue,currently as they say only 2 horizons can be put on a helicopter,whereas the gunner and pilot see a "horizon" on their IHADDS and there is another horizon on the cockpit controls.

Next is radar,ofp is a bit wierd with radar,the apache's can't detect a unit from far away,well they can but it depends on what the radar specs are,even then it can lead ya wrong.

three,real apache cockpits "crumble" so the pilots are given a 90-80% chance of walking away alive if not uninjured,in OFP however this is impossible.

Then theres simple controls,enviroment temperature,engines can't go certain speeds because there are no cold or hot days,FLIR cannot work correctly because there is no temperature thus you can't see anything with white and black,maybe in gray or white but no black,or atleast properly.

Landing,apache landing gear can take some pretty rough stuff,however if you land it just wrong,even though you think your landing it right,then it'll blow up.

Hiding,well helicopters on this game have a hard time hiding in tree brush and such because they are immediatly bumped out.

TADS and PNVS,there is no way to get these to work correctly unless there was to get he PNVS to turn to where the pilot is facing and the TADS to turn along with the M230 which rotates some some sort of axis.

ORT,the ORT won't because for one,ofp wouldn't be able to distinguish what you are targetting so it wouldn't appear on the screen.

I mean in OFP terms rock.gif otherwise you'd better be playing Jane longbow or something tounge_o.gif. Or just w8 for OFP 2 ofcourse biggrin_o.gif

rock.gif Maybe you should stop complaining about OFP's limitations and start saving for AA/OFP2...

Back on topic, the undercarrige seems fine to me, I compared it with some resources and I still can't specify the exact problem, perhaps you could enlighten me? As for the wheels, like I said, not priority, they MAY or MAY NOT change. wink_o.gif You will have to be patient and just keep on monitering this thread for updates biggrin_o.gif .