Sign in to follow this  
MrZig

East VS West - Episode 01

He starts speaking during the talk about dinner. he says the line "Ears are for keeping our helmets on". If i'm not mistaken.

That was funny. But why didn't you use original BIS skins? Kinda take the fun away from the name East vs. West. I mean, that's the point, the never ending fight between Easties and Westies and then these weirdo skins show up. rock.gif

What he said...

Why russian soldiers? Original bis was soviets, and the the guy with helmet needs a better microphone.

smile_o.gif

Just my opinion, Crunchy.

Quote[/b] ]Why russian soldiers? Original bis was soviets

We thought about it, but came to the conclusion that since there are much better East units, then why not use them for a higher quality show? The original BIS units were ugly and would in my opinion, take away from it.

I think if you get the guy with the bad mic to add some bass into it, that would make it sound a bit better.

I think if you get the guy with the bad mic to add some bass into it, that would make it sound a bit better.

He just got a new computer with a better soundcard and mic. It will be much better now.

OMG!

For like 2 years ago I made the same thing!

But it was called West vs East, but only 2 episodes was made. Fun stuff. smile_o.gif

great movie! biggrin_o.gif its good that you use some better looking addon soldiers smile_o.gif Don't fear addons! unclesam.gif

i loved it though the sounds was low on some places as mentioned before and subtitles would be nice but the voices do sound clear enough to be understood bu non americans and brittish tounge_o.gif so maybe subtitles aren't needed tounge_o.gif

Please do more episodes like 1 every week you guys would be my heroes smile_o.gif

"I like beans"

For the record, I had to re-record that one line the most. You would think it would be easy but it wasnt.

Who did the voices for which characters?  And why did some of the Russian soldiers have American voices?

Because you understand russian so good it almost sounds like perfect english to you.

True story.

We thought about it, but came to the conclusion that since there are much better East units, then why not use them for a higher quality show? The original BIS units were ugly and would in my opinion, take away from it.

Well, it takes out a certain charm about it... It takes out the charm of OFP imo...

Come on, you call it East vs. West, not USA vs. Russia

Well, it takes out a certain charm about it... It takes out the charm of OFP imo...

Come on, you call it East vs. West, not USA vs. Russia

Lets see here... America is in the Western Hemisphere. Russia is in the Eastern Hemisphere.

Make sense? Good.

And we are not using the old nasty BIS Units, our team already discussed it, end of story.

Any ETA on the next episode?

When it's done.   smile_o.gif

Anyway, script is written, going to be brining in the voiced lines and filming soon.

I watched the film now the sixth time and I think now I understood everything, this is sometimes pretty hard for a non english man ;)

But I laughed even this time, keep up the good work smile_o.gif

Any news on where this is going or did I miss a thread?

hey guys! really nice video! i hope you have some more like these in the workx! great work!

Nice video i liked it , but the humour needs a bit working on in my opinion.

Some of the changes in dialog were a bit abrupt. Loved the american spy thing in the middle though 'Sex and the city' tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif .

Btw who writes the script for you guys?

We've developed a new script-writing scheme and I think you'll like EvW 02 better.

Progress is pretty much on halt until I can get my lazy ass to code it.

Stay tuned..

Pretty much everyone on the team takes part in the script writing.  Specifically for episode two, I believe it was Mr Zig, VerySolidSnake, Myself, Tex [uSMC], and Frenchman that collaborated for a final script.  But everyone has their part in the script writing, wether it be pooling ideas or combining several ideas from everyone.

Quote[/b] ]I'm talking about the script as in dialogs not the OFP video scene scripting ;)

I know, and I replied with:

Quote[/b] ]We've developed a new script-writing scheme and I think you'll like EvW 02 better.

Harnu has described it.

i think it sounds very fun! smile_o.gif any chance of a new video coming out this week or the next? rock.gif

i think it sounds very fun!  smile_o.gif  any chance of a new video coming out this week or the next?  rock.gif

There's always a possibility... tounge_o.gif

Yes, there is a possibility if I can, like I said, get my lazy ass up and code the mission.

I'm what they call, "lazy" ha ha tounge_o.gif