Sign in to follow this  
ExtracTioN

CIA Operator Teaser Pack

Very nice work overall , but those last pics of the devgru were not that good , i mean the texture work. Even comparing to your previous work youve posted this doesnt match up.

For example the arm patch is too blurred and the collar side of the uniform is just too tacky atm a mismatch of various parts just colliding?

Or maybe i am just seeing things tounge_o.gif .

Very nice work overall , but those last pics of the devgru were not that good , i mean the texture work. Even comparing to your previous work youve posted this doesnt match up.

For example the arm patch is too blurred and the collar side of the uniform is just too tacky atm a mismatch of various parts just colliding?

Or maybe i am just seeing things  tounge_o.gif .

Arm patch and body model is untouched is made by laser also body textures are by laser.

Difference in unit models would be better just my thoughts wink_o.gif

Devgru (Naval Special Warfare Development Group)

they were formed in the mid 1990's after SEAL Team Six

they wher Seal Team 6  biggrin_o.gif

Edit some more Info

Quote[/b] ]What weapons and equipment DEVGRU uses has not been revealed. However, given their SEAL parentage it is a safe bet that the HK MP5 is used mainly in CQBand the Colt M4 is the primary assault weapon. The SOCOM pistol has been issued but it is reported that the Sig-Sauer P-228 is preferred for personal defence.

DEVGRU is thought to consist of around 400 operators and support personnel, divided into four combat teams and one training team. The combat assault teams are Red, Gold, and Blue, with Gold being the premeir assault team. Gray team is the transportation unit containing the SDVs and boats used to transport the assault teams. Green Team consists of the new operators who have just joined DEVGRU and are in training. Each operator inside the Teams has a specialty, but all are experts in underwater and HALO insertion.

They are also rumored to have their own helicopter assets within the unit. 18 HH-60 helicopters optimised for CSAR are said to exist within the unit, but I doubt this. Maybe one or two, but the navy has only 18 HH-60s in two reserve squadrons so it makes little sense to me to have 18 in one top-secret unit.

Thanks Hornet85 for correction wink_o.gif

Ok it will be a Seal Devgru units there are now 3 Devgru units:

One you have seen in picture one without the communication headset and one with a gasmask and those will be the only Seal Devgru in the pack wink_o.gif

As for other Seals Laser makes a beatifull Seal pack wink_o.gif

i have seen some pics of Devgrus now on the web and most of them looks like they use this arm patch

N94009.jpg

is it that one the soldier got on him?

well in america SF=green berets

seals are special operations units

devgru, i think are seals with extra room clearing/ct training

seals version of delta

thats all from the infos ive read

heres some info i trust

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/navy/nswdg.htm

http://www.specialoperations.com/Navy/NSWDG/profile.htm

units looking great

how many models are going to be released?

And here is the one with gas mask wink_o.gif

devgrugm6ll.jpg

91kb

But if Laser makes Devgru's too like those types than I delete my ones wink_o.gif

Cause I don't want to go into competion or make 2 of the same units wink_o.gif

@Hronet85 thanks for armpatch picture gonna change it to the one you posted wink_o.gif

@ruff arround 30 different models wink_o.gif

hehe is it posible to make it so you can change it in mission editor i have found good pics of seal team 1 to 9 patches i think

is it posible to change it whit a command some thing like this

This setarmpatch "SealTeam7.jpg" or some thing like that

ps: can some one point me in the direction of a free picture editing program (not only free trial plz)

hehe is it posible to make it so you can change it in mission editor i have found good pics of seal team 1 to 9 patches i think

is it posible to change it whit a command some thing like this

This setarmpatch "SealTeam7.jpg" or some thing like that

ps: can some one point me in the direction of a free picture editing program (not only free trial plz)

Instead of jpg to use paa format will work I gues but like I said I am a noob when it comes to scripting tounge_o.gif

When everything is in final stage I will ask some scripters for some help and if I get help than I can implent those wink_o.gif

I will send you the first lod helmet. It will be heavier but better looking from closer distances (1-10m).

Too bad they are l337 operators who look like they have never seen a gym from the inside before! No muscles arround shoulders at all how can they be SF without physically fit condition? No they should be all muscles but they look so slim...

The kit, the textures(clothes) and the gear and the idea is really good dont misunderstand the post, but again when I look at pics of SF they all are well build...

Not all SF units in real life have bodybuilder figures some of them are indeed like rambo muscled arms body wink_o.gif

I have a musle arm p3d model but getting the selections right will be hard but I try to make it work wink_o.gif

If I get it to work not all units will have those muscle arms cause from what I have seen from real life pictures not all SF units have muscle arms wink_o.gif

I downloaded the CIA Operators, but when i choose them it says "no entry model special", i don't get it? I have the newest LSR Deltas/Rangers and weapons and the BAS Delta/Rangers. Can someone help please?

Also whenever i start up my OFP it says No Entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons.ICP_Mk23'. I think it has something to do with the C?Ia Operators because when i took the addon out of my addons folder, it didn't give me the error message anymore. Please help.

But if Laser makes Devgru's too like those types than I delete my ones wink_o.gif

Cause I don't want to go into competion or make 2 of the same units wink_o.gif

Thats a shame, its not really competition, I think that there is definately a place for both of your work in the community. I do hope that you will continue with your excellent project to its full completion!

*EDIT* included picture in reply by mistake

@Exigent: The laser' s weapon pack isn' t the same as the Orcs' s rangers one.You don' t have the right socom that' s why the error message appears.You need the Orcs' s rangers to get it working properly.

@Extraction:Your units looking better and better,keep up to good work smile_o.gif .

Ps:Sorry for my english.

Glad you guys liked it wink_o.gif

Like I said long time ago my pack will contain:

-CIA

-SF/Green Beret

-USAF PJ & USAF Operators

-Devgru

Just special units no regular army units, marines and seals(only Devgru's I make).

I was plannig to starting on some Seals but I saw Laser has allready started on Seals and I see what type Seals Laser makes and some other types he dont make I make them after this project wink_o.gif

ExtracTion,

hello all, well, i get you some video footage of SF/Green Berrets/CIA operatives.

to get it, you need e-mule.

in E-mule's search field write this:

SPECIAL FORCES IN AFGHANISTAN-awesome footage of special forces in 'stan

and after some time (for me it was 2-3 days) of downloading you will be satisfied! smile_o.gif

now i leav my PC on for night and you can download it ;)

well in america SF=green berets

seals are special operations units

devgru, i think are seals with extra room clearing/ct training

seals version of delta

thats all from the infos ive read

heres some info i trust

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/navy/nswdg.htm

http://www.specialoperations.com/Navy/NSWDG/profile.htm

units looking great

how many models are going to be released?

Actually SEALs, SF, Rangers, Delta Force units, and various special Airforce and Army aviation units all fall under "Special Operations". In the US military there is a unified Special Operations Command structure called SOCOM.

SEALs= Similar to US Army Special Forces (Green Berets) except that they are geared more towards sea launched special operations.

Special Forces- Also known as Green Berets. These are small unit teams trained in a wide variety of special operations such as sabotage missions, assassination missions, and raids deep behind enemy lines. They also have frogmen units, are often trained in HALO insertion, are well trained in hand to hand combat, and are very familiar with foreign weapons systems. However what sets the SF apart from other Special Ops units is that their primary mission is to lead and train indigenous forces against an enemy opponent. This is what they did in Afghanistan working with the Northern Alliance. Because of this mission, they undergo extensive foreign language and cultural training making the SF some of the most intelligent soldiers the US Army has. They also frequently work closely with the CIA because of their special training and capabilities.

Rangers- These are the shock troops/heavy infantry of the US Army. These guys are given some of the most dangerous and toughest missions because of their advanced training and excellent equipment. Ranger school is one of the hardest schools in the US Army so those that make into the US Army Rangers are highly respected. Unlike other Special Ops commando units, the Rangers operate in LARGE units rather then small teams. They are trained for large scale airborne and/or airassault operations, raids, zodiac insertions, deep insertions, sabotage, long range recon, and just plain ol' heavy assaulting of heavily defended targets.

Like in Somalia, they often provide extra muscle to other Special Ops units like Delta Force. Typically they also get the latest equipment and weaponry.

The Airforce Special Ops and Army Aviation Special Ops units generally support the Special Ops commando units in their operations. However if I remember correctly I believe that the AC130 gunships fall under SOCOM. I'm not sure about search and rescue units. However Airforce PJ's are highly respected by all the services as they have probably the toughest training in the airforce (aside from pilot training which also is very intense).

There are also "Special Operations Capable" units such as Marine Force Recon units, however I'm not sure if they fall under SOCOM. I don't think so. Likewise the US Army has a few infantry and airborne units that are classified as "Special Operations Capable" should the need arise.

Then of coarse you have the DIA (Defense Intelligence Agency) and the CIA who have their own classified paramilitary units doing God's know what. LOL!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles Teg -

a very interesting read, it cleared some things up for me, and helps to make realistic missions smile_o.gif

Nice sum up Miles. smile_o.gif

Just a little thing

Quote[/b] ]Rangers- These are the shock troops/heavy infantry of the US Army.

That should be shock troops/light infantry. While they are the "heavy infantry" of USSOCOM, they are still lightly eqipped in a general military sense.

Heavy infantry is still those boys with Bradleys, AT missile systems and other heavy stuff. smile_o.gif

Heavy infantry is still those boys with Bradleys, AT missile systems and other heavy stuff. smile_o.gif

isent that the armored Infantry or Mechaniced infantry?

sorry for the oftopic crazy_o.gif