Sign in to follow this  
king homer

M1A2 SEP

Killswitch

Have you incorporated your apam scripts into this addon. I would love to give it a try.

I love how the STAFF looks like a mini nuke tounge_o.gif

otherwise, i love this addon. i recently learned more of it and how i can actually engage targets 2km away ghostface.gif

Example: if there are 9 players and one dedicated server in a game, and someone fires off an APAM round, there will be no less than <span style='color:red'>three thousand (3000)</span> wee "INQ_ApamBullet":s createVehicle:d. Now, imagine all nine players having one tank each and they all fire off one APAM round each. <span style='color:red'>The number of objects created is left as an exercise for the reader...</span>

About 27000 I counted...

So... What rounds should I use against armor?

Did a nice battle with this tank and 5 RHS T-54 platoons, each platoon lead by T-55A1 (that's 5x T-55 + 3 T-54, total 20 tanks, 5 '55's and 15 '54's) on the TMYK island, which basically holds about 12 sq. km of actual "made" area and the rest 400 sq. km is just grass textured flat terrain.

So, as I said, I was leading the Abrams. Only 1 tank, that's 4 crew members agaist 60 crew members.

Range a bit over 2km. I just target the first tank, and fire off STAFF. Same 3 times. Then I attacked them, using those DU rounds.

Well, they finaly got me, and I started to run towards them with my driver... At about 200m they opened MG fire and...

Though the game says I only got 1 T-54...

Anyway, excellent tank. Thanks King Homer (and Sigma). Me likes this.

tounge_o.gif

Sorry for the long post.

Quote[/b] ]King Homer, did you see TOW-2B (and, unfortunalety unrealistic TOW-2A :/) explosion from CBT Humvees? It looks really good (except there is no smoke - STAFF better here), I like the way there is seen EFP projectile (from point of explosion to target; your STAFF explodes before target and EFP "laser line" is vertical, do not exactly hit target).

I'll take it as a compliment as I wrote it...

Quote[/b] ]Also I know the STAFF explosion is very inaccurate at the moment.

But as far as I know there's no other way to do it due engine limitations

Yes there is. Just copy the script in question:

CBT_HMMWV\scripts\at\PSY_MCAR_slug.sqs

modifying if where required. Basically it creates a bullet with a

strong tracer (that simulates the EFP) and makes it hit the target

(even if there's a slight possibility to miss). There's also a way

to register the kill in the stats: it will probably not shows up

always, but better than nothing.

You must assign the tank a new weapon, which doesn't make

any noise when fired, or smoke and the like. In config.cpp you

assign each tank a magazine of this weapon, but not the weapon itself.

When a STAFF round is fired, a script gives the tank this weapon

and fires it automatically, then remove the weapon (and re-add

a magazine, if it was single shot). Another function executed by the fired

eventhandler takes this bullet (or shell) and stores it in some place (perhaps at

pos [0,0,2000]) giving it 0 velocity. Then when the time is come,

this bullet (or shell) is recovered and 'fired' over the target, and

if it kills it, the kill will be registered.

If you happened to download MCAR 2.5 or later you'll find this

same method used for the 'real' Tow2A and Tow2B humvees.

For better visual results use a bullet (or a shell) with no tracer

to make the kill and use a second bullet with strong tracer (and no

hit power) generated like in the PSY_MCAR_slug.sqs script, for the

EFP effect.

Just displace the position of the killing bullet and this last one a bit

so they don't interfere.

I also like the APERS shell effect used with that 106mm rifle/jeep addon. That said, Homer's APAM script works for me.

Shouldn't make a snow verrions its wrong, where you got snow should be mud. If its wamr enough to have snow a 70 ton vehicle is goig to dig up the soft mud under the wet snow more that collect snow on the sides. Having operated an M1 in crappy winter condtions would things snow better sitting on the horizonal hull postions inad inbetween panels and hatches. Everyone forgets how how an M1 gets when running.. Snow melts preatty quicky on em.

Shouldn't make a snow verrions its wrong, where you got snow should be mud.  If its wamr enough to have snow a 70 ton vehicle is goig to dig  up the soft mud under the wet snow more that collect snow on the sides.  Having operated an M1 in crappy winter condtions would things snow better sitting on the horizonal hull postions inad inbetween panels and hatches.  Everyone forgets how how an M1 gets when running..  Snow melts preatty quicky on em.

Thre should be mud all over the vehicle. There a VERY nice picture of on defenlink.mil (my current wallpaper);

http://jccc.afis.osd.mil/LBOX/full/1131912.jpg

*this foum is missing a 'drool' and 'whoot' smily sad_o.gif *

Shouldn't make a snow verrions its wrong, where you got snow should be mud. If its wamr enough to have snow a 70 ton vehicle is goig to dig up the soft mud under the wet snow more that collect snow on the sides. Having operated an M1 in crappy winter condtions would things snow better sitting on the horizonal hull postions inad inbetween panels and hatches. Everyone forgets how how an M1 gets when running.. Snow melts preatty quicky on em.

Thre should be mud all over the vehicle. There a VERY nice picture of on defenlink.mil (my current wallpaper);

http://jccc.afis.osd.mil/LBOX/full/1131912.jpg

*this foum is missing a 'drool' and 'whoot' smily sad_o.gif *

ehh I was thinking about the same picture, and then scrolled down to find the link! smile_o.gif

But ehh I was looking at this pic and It would allmost seem that the hull is desert camo, and the turret is woodland... but I suppose its just dirty... (but if you look at the engine section is also dirty descam colour, but if the turret is still green how can it be its dirty there? crazy_o.gif

probally just dirty... biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Shouldn't make a snow verrions its wrong, where you got snow should be mud. If its wamr enough to have snow a 70 ton vehicle is goig to dig up the soft mud under the wet snow more that collect snow on the sides.

Hrrrh, if the ground is frosted up it would be hard to kick up mud. Even for a 70-ton vehicle. I guess it depends on what kind of climate/time of year you want to simulate tounge_o.gif That picture of the M1 doesn't look like it was taken during what I would call winter tounge_o.gif

Regardless, fine work Inq!

spain

Only those part of the coalition of the willing are allowed to view the pictures of the UNITED STATES!!!!!

lol

BTW i think that the OD Green needs to be darkened a little, it seems a little bright from what i have seen before.

Well here is a winter t80. As you may see there is still some snow but not really on the sides. There is more snow on the inner parts of the wheels then htere is on the outer.

Hello everyone!

Nice work Inquisitor!

But I want to suggest you to paint the other side of the wheels with dark black colour, or more hard way -- add the suspension elements. Wheels looking now like they are paste to the side-hull. That doesn't look good, don't you think? ;)

I also want to pay your attention on config writing! The amazing and unprovable sky-high characteristics of the played tank is just make imposible to use any kind of AT-weapons, including other tanks. If it is not hard for you -- please sure, that your tanks are balanced with other tanks this M1 should fight. The armour values for example might be aprox similiar to any T-80U and T-90 addon.

PS I heard, that this M1 models were created originaly by Sigma-6? Is that true?

Thank you!

If you didn't notice they are making sure he tank is balanced often going against RHS betas of the T55 T64 T72 and 80 series tanks. The T90 is still a major threat to the M1A2 Sep in game, the T80 fairly closely. The AT-11 sniper usualy will knock one out.. Even the DKM T12s Blackeagle are not as volerable usualy its bad AI commanding or driving which causes them to be easily defeated.