Sign in to follow this  
king homer

M1A2 SEP

I agree.  These sayings are actually quite realistic as to what soldiers write on their vehicles in Iraq.  Vice versa Iraqi militants put all kinds of ugly anti-Ameircan stuff spray painted all over walls and all over the internet.  

Whether its politically correct or not, it is realistic.

You guys could do what I did with one of the LoBo Merakva Mk4 tanks and make a "Bullet Sponge" M1A2SEP with a sponge bob doll tied to the front.  smile_o.gif  

Its in our addon pack #2.  smile_o.gif

By the way we are also adding voices for our Arab forces that contain stuff like "BEHEAD THE INFIDEL" and in the future we may put in buildings with Arab graffitti saying stuff like "JEWISH PIGS MUST DIE" with a picture of the bottom of a sandal next to it... stuff like that. In war Arab soldiers or militants will say pretty nasty things just as Americans will say really nasty things about their enemy. If we got some Hebrew speaking voice actors (hint hint-we need some) we'd do the same stuff in Hebrew with our IDF soldiers yelling stuff like "DIE ARAB SCUM" and stuff like that. However we have limits. We will for example, NOT have anything that insults any of the prophets (including the Islamic prophet Mohammed) or that is a particularly nasty insult against any religion.

But if it's something that's kinda amusing in a dark humor sort of way or that is realistic, we will put it in whenever possible.

So to King Homer and Inquisitor, I say put these slogans on there.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I agree. These sayings are actually quite realistic as to what soldiers write on their vehicles in Iraq. Vice versa Iraqi militants put all kinds of ugly anti-Ameircan stuff spray painted all over walls and all over the internet.

Whether its politically correct or not, it is realistic.

You guys could do what I did with one of the LoBo Merakva Mk4 tanks and make a "Bullet Sponge" M1A2SEP with a sponge bob doll tied to the front. smile_o.gif

Its in our addon pack #2. smile_o.gif

By the way we are also adding voices for our Arab forces that contain stuff like "BEHEAD THE INFIDEL" and in the future we may put in buildings with Arab graffitti saying stuff like "JEWISH PIGS MUST DIE" with a picture of the bottom of a sandal next to it... stuff like that. In war Arab soldiers or militants will say pretty nasty things just as Americans will say really nasty things about their enemy. If we got some Hebrew speaking voice actors (hint hint-we need some) we'd do the same stuff in Hebrew with our IDF soldiers yelling stuff like "DIE ARAB SCUM" and stuff like that. However we have limits. We will for example, NOT have anything that insults any of the prophets (including the Islamic prophet Mohammed) or that is a particularly nasty insult against any religion.

But if it's something that's kinda amusing in a dark humor sort of way or that is realistic, we will put it in whenever possible.

So to King Homer and Inquisitor, I say put these slogans on there.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Actually i find the words put in the tank mediocres, but not that offensive , as even the anti french thing result of the tba propaganda made me smile desptie i am french.

But there Miles Teg, it is a step directly into the most ugly part of the human being, the -shit- level.

Do we really need this disgusting spirit that is in some of people entering in the OFP universe ?

Certainly you are free to do whatever you want to modifcations of the game, if you find them funny, dark humour or other stupidity like this.

But i will only speak for me there as i know several people will not care, when i say that i don't need to see that -shit- in a game, even a simulation like OFP, and so i will not download your future mod if such -shit- is a part of it.

Politcal correctness you will say, but it is not that, it is just the pleasure i have to enjoy OFP without watching one of the very lowest level of -shit- there is in the real world to become a part of the OFP experience.

In comparison to what you plan to add for your modification, INQ&King Homer citations are the most hilarious good willing jokes in the universe.

for the notice, it is the first time in this OFP forum that i use the word -shit- , if it can give an indication of what i think really of what you have planned.

end of the off topic from my part.

Old American saying...

"Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one."

If you think it's "shit", then don't download it. What's more, It's totally inappropiate for you to insult someone elses work simply because you have a political agenda. You owe them an apology.

I got your number, "Sanctuary."

Apology because they plan to introduce what is the lowest in the human being , that racism, xenophobia that is plaguing our world , even qualifying it as "dark humour" ?

I really think some people like you need to see more of the life ...

Quote[/b] ]I got your number, "Sanctuary."

ah, kids, if only ....

Nah that's cool. I just find it interesting that he doesn't find the M1A2SEP slogans offensive, but the stuff my mod has offensive. But I'll try to hand out the *shit* equally to both sides of the conflict if it makes any difference.

smile_o.gif But, thats cool if he doesn't want to download the LoBo mod. Damn..he's gonna miss the suicide bombers!

smile_o.gif

At any rate, I'm glad most people like the slogans that are being made for the M1A2SEP. These are extremely common on US Army vehicles so it definitely adds an air of realism.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hey Sanctuary, perhaps you've missed this simple fact... it's WARGAME. It's about HATE, DEATH, and DESTRUCTION. This is a program depicting human beings at thier worst, in as realistic a fashion as is possible.

I think you should probably play something a bit less stressful. I'd suggest one of the Lego Land titles. My kid loves them.

Old American saying...

"Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one."

correction

opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, some just stink worse then others.

your not the only one brought up on this motto  wink_o.gif

edit: sorry to drag this topic off.............. topic; even more then it has been but can we take a moemyny to sit back and look at ourselves? look at some of you getting flustered and worked up over a video game.

you know its that kind of extermisum in political orrectness that cost me my job not too long ago (was more sexist wing of the political correctness but still extreme none-the-less). are we REALLY gonna go thru life watching what we think and say and do and dream becuz it MIGHT just be offensive? poor russians, they have a game here where the goal is to kill russians! bis offend me with thier blanet disregaurd for the feelings of the russian people!

why must we let every itty bitty hint of information turn out to be so damn offensive? i mean holy shit theres a 5 page topic where people laid out an argument why an RPG launcer with a kamikaze watermelon sticking out of it was "Tasteless humor at the expense of black people". i mean wth. seriously. black people like watermelon, americans like cheeseburgers and asians like kung pow chicken, mexicans like tacos, arabs dont like pork. that doesnt make you racist. it makes you hungry mad_o.gif

people make fun of the french becuz they dont like war, i do it alot myself, but i dont hate the french. people make fun of americans becuz we "are going to war for any reason at all". there are some people in this country that feel differntly. personaly. i fit that sterotype. i like war i like seeing shit blown up and all that. im sick im twisted, but im also not offended when someone says that crap. scottish people made fun of for bagpipes and kilts. everyone here gets made fun of and nobody gets hurt.

why must we sit here and ruin a perfectly good addon cuz it "might be offensive to someone". if any of you out there like to read books (i dont but i got this one anyway) read a book called "the lanuage police" in that book it tells of why testing in public schools must be reviewd by a panel of people just like you to weed out anything offensive. and here are some real examples and i do NOT make any of this up:

"we cannot tell a story about a moutian as it may be offensive to people that live in flatlands and may not have seen a moutian"

"we cannot tell a story about the ocean as it might be offensive to people that dont live near waterways"

"we cannot tell a story about cake because it promotes unhealthy eating habits therefore may be offensive to overweight people"

and my favorite:

"we cannot tell a story about a blind man who climbed a moutian in a snow storm since it portrays blind people as having a disability therefore discriminating agasint them"

when will it end? at what point are we just gonna paint the world in a greyscale color (as not to offend color blind) sit in our own little corner with our eyes taped close (so as not to offende blind people) and not move from that postion (as not to offend people with missing limbs) until death so that we can succesfuly live in a world where noone is offended crazy_o.gif

and thats my story and im sticking to it unclesam.gif

I said stop moaning about the markings, the textures are finished, we won't change anything!

I said stop moaning about the markings, the textures are finished, we won't change anything!

see you say "stop" but all they hear is "i wanted to offend you to see your reaction, please tell me more what you think?"

i like the markings, i like the tank, and i think your doin a damn fine job and i say keep it up. remember this is your addon, not ours. only you guys have a day in what the tank should and shouldnt have. by releasing it youre merely saying "here i made this, you can play with it too if u want"

Enough already, discuss this addon and only this addon, worry about the slogans when it's released. Any further debating about what is or isn't acceptable for King Homer to write on his tank addon will be met with post restrictions.

I respect the fact that it's important we show respect and understanding to different people and different faiths but this is neither the time nor the place.

The only textures I'm concerned with are the blast marks on the opposing armor at > 1500m..   Did I read correctly that long range shooting is easier now due to less script lag?  Hitting a moving target at range is a coin toss because the time of travel from firing to impact seems to be variable.  I can't count on the same lead angle to hit the same target each shot.  Or is that just a reality thing?  Either way, it's a killer Abrams at <1000m, eagerly awaiting the update smile_o.gif