Sign in to follow this  
king homer

M1A2 SEP

Basically when the addon loads something happens and it does not load the next pbo in the list which happens to be Jams Magazine. I have that included in my addon folder. So when the mission loads it says Jams magazine addon not found. Hope this helps. This only started on a mission when I added the M1 pbo.

Basically when the addon loads something happens and it does not load the next pbo in the list which happens to be Jams Magazine. I have that included in my addon folder. So when the mission loads it says Jams magazine addon not found. Hope this helps. This only started on a mission when I added the M1 pbo.

Yep. The addon is farked in the usual regard - incomplete addon dependency declaration. Here's how a correct CfgPatches part of the config looks:

Quote[/b] ]

class CfgPatches

{

class INQ_M1A2

{

units[]={"INQ_M1A2","INQ_M1A2D"};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion=<span style='color:red'>1.85</span>;

requiredAddons[] = {"CBT_Crew"<span style='color:red'>,"BIS_Resistance","BIS_Weaponpack","JAM_Magazines"</span>};

};

};

<ul>[*]requiredAddons was added in 1.85

[*] CBT_Crew depends on JAM which depends on BIS_Resistance and BIS_Weaponpack. Therefore, this addon needs to list them all.

Another possible improvement is in the sound department - currently, all the sounds within the addon are in .ogg format. A cheap way to gain in-game performance is to convert them to .wss.

Killswitch what are you like a mind reader !!! biggrin_o.gif . I was just going to email you about this as there is a dependency problem with the crew.pbo which you just found. Man you are good.

Killswitch still getting the addon jam error. I added the line to the m1 addon. It has to be something with the crew as they have a 4th crewman in the tank that is a cbt crew. So even though you start with an empty tank this 4th cbt crewman is always there no matter what other addon crew you use. Any ideas.

It is a dependency issue within the Crew.pbo addon itself. If you dont use the M1 I get the jam message. I looked at the config.cpp for this and it has Jam_magazines listed in its cfgpatch list. Why would it still error?

It is a dependency issue within the Crew.pbo addon itself. If you dont use the M1 I get the jam message. I looked at the config.cpp for this and it has Jam_magazines listed in its cfgpatch list. Why would it still error?

Most likely because the mission itself (the mission.sqm) hasn't got the proper addons listed.

You see, after an addon has been fixed for dependencies, one needs to re-preview the mission in the OFP mission editor. Do this in the normal, single-player mission editor mode (reached with "Mission Editor" from the OFP main menu, not the "MP mode" mission editor one can get to from the Multiplayer menu).

After that re-preview, save the mission again. That should add the proper stuff to the mission.sqm and you will be rid of the annoying error message dialogs.

Sorry my fault. I created a separate mission with just a CBT Crewman and get the missing jam error. I looked in the pbo and it is listed.

hey kh ol boy.. you forgot a spot for XML logos smile_o.gif

i gotta see my sexy logo on the tank as im doin my drive-by-shootings with the abrams smile_o.gif

Short progress report

addon dependency declaration - fixed

xml logos - fixed

engine sounds - fixed (thx to bobcatt)

Inq has some problems with his PC and I don't now about the current texture status.

But he send me a pic of the first version of the green M1

m1a2green.jpg

The new scripts are still wip and we try to include a custom gun markings script. So you can enter a custom name for your tank on the gun via init line. But it's just an idea.

Mfg

King Homer

... we try to include a custom gun markings script. So you can enter a custom name for your tank on the gun via init line. But it's just an idea.

Uhh, that's cool. smile_o.gif

Did you try to do it like the "number" script?

MfG MEDICUS smile_o.gif

I was wondering are you going to balance this tank becouse its very Unbalanced

1 shot =T80 dead

8 shots =M1A2 dead

I was wondering are you going to balance this tank becouse its very Unbalanced

1 shot =T80 dead

8 shots =M1A2 dead

No. Read previous post for balancing.

King

Couple of questions on this great addon.

1. Can I assume that part of the scripting fixes will be on the ammo. Like the staff. Also which ammo if for antipersonnel. It seem I almost have to nail a soldier directly to kill him with all ammo types.

2. Any way to add explosive smoke affect to ammo when it hits the ground like the WGL HEAT rounds?

Keep up the great work on this guys.

Another quirk report: the way the APAM handling currently works, it might as well be renamed "Desync Ammo" tounge_o.gif You see, the APAM fuzer (INQ_M1_Apam.sqs) in it's current state will create 300(301?) small bullets per participating computer in a MP game.

Example: if there are 9 players and one dedicated server in a game, and someone fires off an APAM round, there will be no less than <span style='color:red'>three thousand (3000)</span> wee "INQ_ApamBullet":s createVehicle:d. Now, imagine all nine players having one tank each and they all fire off one APAM round each. The number of objects created is left as an exercise for the reader...

That, my friends, is what we call a desync storm biggrin_o.gif

The two possible solutions:

1 - limit the APAM fuzer to the machine where the firer is local

2 - let the APAM fuzer do the following:

* On non-firing machines, have new 0-damage "INQ_ApamBulletSpoof" bullets camCreate:d ("For show")

* On the firer-local machine, have the real thing be camCreated. ("For effect")

Result - less traffic, happier MP players blues.gif

King

Couple of questions on this great addon.

1. Can I assume that part of the scripting fixes will be on the ammo. Like the staff. Also which ammo if for antipersonnel. It seem I almost have to nail a soldier directly to kill him with all ammo types.

2. Any way to add explosive smoke affect to ammo when it hits the ground like the WGL HEAT rounds?

Keep up the great work on this guys.

yeah I had the same thing trying to take out insurgents thrue the streets of Najaf city! wow_o.gif  in OFP yes!  biggrin_o.gif

And only 12 shots, maybee something can be made so you can like change the ammo load... or count...

So you could as tank commander decide how many rounds you take on and make a default script for the normal guys...

cuz I would really like some HEAT rounds, or well something to give back to those *** rpg gunners... Answering back with mg is a bit lame in a 63ton, jet turbine driven, 120mm gun carrying, monstor!  blues.gif

EHHH EDIT

why isnt there a 50cal weapon on this tank like the SIG armour had?>? that would be sweet, and then I wouldnt need shitload of heat rounds... rock.gif

dont mean to moan, but just trying to come up with things... that can be discussed in here... which will make the tank better. blues.gif

EHHH EDIT 2

Man the tank is really looking good in green... and ehm cannot wait for the update, together with teh kyle apache we have new options in OFP that together or seperate bring lots of new gaming pleasure! biggrin_o.gif

As mentioned befor, we're trying to include the commander MG script for the M1, it'll use the 50cal mounted on the turret.

The MPAT shell is the replacement for the HEAT round, so you should use it. I won't add the old HEAT round. Also the APAM round is not effective against single infantry, only against large groups and vehicles. The M240 will be more powerful in the update, some real infantry killer.

ohh man sorry yes I have read that part about the commander gun...

yes ok I cannot wait having fun allready with this addon, the desert one really looks like its in the desert with the desert tracks on it... straight off the footage of iraq battles... blues.gif

the APFSDS and the MPAT were the only ones useful for me, APAM didnt do too much and i have no clue how to use STAFF :-\

Agent556, just practise. See how AI gunner level the gun when firing STAFF and do the same. With APAM I agree, I personally had problems with hitting anyone. Probably normal BIS blast would be more lethal and CPU-friendly (but OTOH not so nice looking as APAM now).

Maybe high `indirecthit range` and low `indirecthit` values to simulate APERS splinters with low anti-buliding effect?

King Homer, did you see TOW-2B (and, unfortunalety unrealistic TOW-2A :/) explosion from CBT Humvees? It looks really good (except there is no smoke - STAFF better here), I like the way there is seen EFP projectile (from point of explosion to target; your STAFF explodes before target and EFP "laser line" is vertical, do not exactly hit target).

Agent556, just practise. See how AI gunner level the gun when firing STAFF and do the same. With APAM I agree, I personally had problems with hitting anyone. Probably normal BIS blast would be more lethal and CPU-friendly (but OTOH not so nice looking as APAM now).

Maybe high `indirecthit range` and low `indirecthit` values to simulate APERS splinters with low anti-buliding effect?

King Homer, did you see TOW-2B (and, unfortunalety unrealistic TOW-2A :/) explosion from CBT Humvees? It looks really good (except there is no smoke - STAFF better here), I like the way there is seen EFP projectile (from point of explosion to target; your STAFF explodes before target and EFP "laser line" is vertical, do not exactly hit target).

Well, currently we're working on the commander MG but we're trying to fix the APAM issue to, I know it's laggy but if anyone has a better script for simulating 1150 small fragments getting blowed around 50m, just tell me.

Also I know the STAFF explosion is very inaccurate at the moment.

But as far as I know there's no other way to do it due engine limitations. But I'm not that scripting genius, I don't know much about scripting. If anyone has some ideas or maybe already finished script, I'd appreciate it if you can send it to me smile_o.gif

Mfg

King Homer

Well, currently we're working on the commander MG but we're trying to fix the APAM issue to, I know it's laggy but if anyone has a better script for simulating 1150 small fragments getting blowed around 50m, just tell me.

Also I know the STAFF explosion is very inaccurate at the moment.

But as far as I know there's no other way to do it due engine limitations. But I'm not that scripting genius, I don't know much about scripting. If anyone has some ideas or maybe already finished script, I'd appreciate it if you can send it to me smile_o.gif

Mfg

King Homer

I don't know if it's better, but I have a variant of the APAM fuzer that's less heavy on the CPU. "Only" problem is that instead of a nice burst of bullets it's more of a 10-15 second rain of bullets at the impact point. tounge_o.gif

Real nice on the framerate though but don't zoom in on the target ("Dance, cowboy") biggrin_o.gif

Try it by adding a small delay in the current bullet creation loop (say ~0.00001) and you'll see what I mean.

If that's an acceptable gameplay/realism compromise I can follow up with the rest (the current solution I have here depends on other changes "upstream" from the APAM fuzer, so it's not a matter of sending one script only).

Cheers!

Hi, i like very much this tanks packs and i think that make it a stand alone addon that don't uses 3Th party addons it's a good idea; try to convince the Weapons Master Inquisitor of make the same with his GREAT M60A1 & if you can Homer... try to convince he of add the same muzzle flash than on the M1's 'couse it ROCKS, it's damn amazing and looks damn closer to the real thing.

That custom cannon markings could be a great idea, i miss a tank where put my "God Of The Hellfire" in the cannon, that's fanzy.

And... last idea, for don't bore you so much with stupid things... a USMC version, i was very dissapointed when i readed on the M1's like in M60A1... "U.S. army", we haven't any USMC MBT, will be nice to have some. Thanks for your work, let's cu.

Well failed to noticed this is an M1A2-SEP not the M1A1-HA the Marines are currently using, thus kinda silly to make something thats not really in use, there are Marines using SEP in loan from the Army but they are marked proporty of the US Army.

Incredible work that I discovered thanks to Y2K3 latest v7 mod.