Sign in to follow this  
king homer

M1A2 SEP

This tank is unbalanced for standart tanks  wow_o.gif

which makes it 90x more fun biggrin_o.gif

Not sure we get the same fun out of OFP  rock.gif

i like to win  wink_o.gif

Anyway, M1A2 SEP seems unbalanced when compared to BIS T-80 and M1A1 for the simple reason these tanks are 1985 area, and outdated by the today M1A2 SEP. 20 years of difference.

Who is still using standart BIS tanks?  rock.gif

They dont fit to never tanks even for the optic aspect of it.

1) people that use Y2K3

2) people that use EECP

3) people that play BIS missions/campaigns

4) people that dont want to download 934 megs of tank addons  wink_o.gif

Nah, just keep adding enemy units, and eventually the SEP Abrams player will run out of ammo. You've got to love the drama of a last, desperate stand against overwhelming odds, and a grim chance of survival. Getting through it to tell how you made it, is what makes the whole thing worthwhile. That, and completing the mission, of course.

And there is also the honor and glory of making the ultimate sacrifice, and dying a hero's death in the service of your nation, fighting for a worthy cause, and for the benefit of the greater good.

Remember, the mission comes first, kill as many of the enemy as you possibly can, and keep one last bullet for yourself. Don't give the bastards the satisfaction of taking you alive, and performing their unspeakable evil upon you.

ghostface.gif

Only if they're all RPG infantryman.  I stuck a platoon of these against 3 squads and these M1 tanks obliterated them easily.  This M1 tank is VASTLY more powerful against infantryman compared to the original BIS M1A1.  At least now it has a fighting chance.  If used with realistic combined arms tactics with supporting infantry, it does very well.  

It does less well against JAM RPG gunners but thats partly because they carry way more RPG's then a RPG gunner would carry in real life (where normally a RPG rocket backpack contains 3 rockets) and they have unrealistic accuracy and reload times.  

At any rate, even against the JAM RPG-7's, these tanks can still take a beating.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I had two BMP's and a T72 take out my Abrams and my Bradley on Afghan island, maybe it was because the BMP's were higher on land than the abrams.

ok i guess since people don't really understandwhat i mean here..

what i mean by this tank sucks againest infantry is the fact they don't enage infantry correctly or completely ignore infantry.

half the time they fiore the main gun at them usign SABOT.

it just seems kinda bad when 1 infantry squad will take out an m1a2 with no one even hurt.. it needs to enage more with the MG. and see infantry better.

also the tracers are pointless if they disappear after more then 2 infantry squads are on the map.

I am not sure what would make the tank engage infantry better..

eh edited to be more "pc"

Overall a good tank but it dont engange infantry with the mg. It uses the anti infantry main gun ammo though and that is really devastating.

I've got to say this is one of the best addons i've ever seen, the barrel flash is just amazing and has totally changed how i play the game, i can't wait to see if there's this sort of treatment given to the T-72s and T-80s! Very well done! biggrin_o.gif

I've got to say this is one of the best addons i've ever seen, the barrel flash is just amazing and has totally changed how i play the game, i can't wait to see if there's this sort of treatment given to the T-72s and T-80s! Very well done!  biggrin_o.gif

Y2K3... just released a special edition of it (update from Y2K3 6.0) that incorperates that muzzel flash (from orcs) on all main battle tanks.

Happy new year boys.

Update 1.1 will be ready for tomorrow evening.

- fixed script bugs

-> STAFF script, wrong muzzlevelocity of APFSDS, APAM and MPAT

- changed tracers (now visible on low fps)

- changed MG damage

- zeroed MG

- changed armor values

-> crew won't bail out to fast

I've got to say this is one of the best addons i've ever seen, the barrel flash is just amazing and has totally changed how i play the game, i can't wait to see if there's this sort of treatment given to the T-72s and T-80s! Very well done!  biggrin_o.gif

Y2K3... just released a special edition of it (update from Y2K3 6.0) that incorperates that muzzel flash (from orcs) on all main battle tanks.

Where can i find the Y2K3 update? Any help would be much much appreciated! wink_o.gif

Happy New Years Homer! Sounds great!

By the way did ya try out Wolfsbane's tracer system that he just released? It is absolutely amazing! The tracer rounds even ricochet off the ground just like in real life.

I would highly recommend that you see about incorporating it into your tanks!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

red tracers are only for m16/4's not mg's..

i noticed soemthign else that kinda is nto right.

int he loader's position the ammo storage behide him. is open that door should be closed. no gunner would leave it open for longer then to get the round out... i know you did it for detail butit really should be closed.

i noticed soemthign else that kinda is nto right.

int he loader's position the ammo storage behide him. is open that door should be closed. no gunner would leave it open for longer then to get the round out... i know you did it for detail butit really should be closed.

Oh my dear....

If closed or not whats the difference? It's just a game, and I'm not going to change a texture because it's unrealistic. So the door would be closed when the gunner is reloading....yeah and that's more realistic I know.

1. If you don't like it, don't use it

2. Go and make it better...

And yes we've changed the tracer color to darkorange ...

And no we won't use wolfbanes tracer script cuz we've find a way to get the script working on low fps.

I was thinking more off being animated seeing the loaders postion is usable. blast door is operated with a knee switch each time the loader gets a round out of the ammo storage area, one of the main reasons the M1 is a much safer tanks is the crew are protected against an ammo cook off as long as the bast door remains shut.

The interior is too clean, most tanks are filty inside of them..

Not true

I have seen the coaxle m240mg fire red tracers and also the m2 .50cal mg on the abrams. I'm pretty sure the only color tracer round that the coaxle m240 mg on the Abrams uses is red.

Happy new year boys.

- fixed script bugs

- changed MG damage

- zeroed MG

- changed armor values

please tell me that the script paths are the same and that in the terms of my using it in Y2K3 wont require any editing tounge_o.gif

as long as they were script fixes i be a happy boy biggrin_o.gif

Happy new year boys.

- fixed script bugs

- changed MG damage

- zeroed MG

- changed armor values

please tell me that the script paths are the same and that in the terms of my using it in Y2K3 wont require any editing tounge_o.gif

as long as they were script fixes i be a happy boy biggrin_o.gif

That for sure

Oh Pappy, I've noticed we added a new sqf file! Is that a problem?