Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

@Gavin .............

see ya!

@Pickett I like the ammofix script combined with the join cammand.

i've actually been trying to find a way for the player in a single mission to NOT be able to order fix bayonets.

this combo does just that...I'm getting great ...o.k good

fps on the 1.8 ghz. thanx for that 1.

@ProfT .... great units man ...keep up the good work,

Whats next? , or is it a secret.

bigus

@ bigus : thank you, some of these units were greatly bettered by Triglav (specially us drummer, which is very nice).

About bayonet order : you could try : "this RemoveAction SectionFixCommand" cause it's the name of this action.

About something new, no secret, nothing for the moment cause i'm trying with pain to build a Waterloo Island for Napoleonic Mod. crazy_o.gif

Hey Guys!

I'm not a frequent message writer - but I follow that mod with an eagle eye, simply because I'm a big civil war fan. It makes me very sad, to see that you guys started to fight again because it is such a great mod - a combined effort could rocket it bejond imagination!!! And in my opinion (and I'm sure all those that downloaded it ) it is already one the best mods out there!

So don't fight eachother - a divided house can not stand - fight on the same side, shoulder to shoulder under the same flag for the same cause. And you shall be victorious! So for the sake of the chance to go where no mod has gone before burry the hatchet and be friends again!

Yours,

LongstreetCSA

I have always thought that the people who shut up are pretty wise. Or at least they sound more like that, they're like mysterious old men who pop up and give wise advice. Who do I mean? LongstreetCSA of course.

Gavin, that GUI looks great! But... the House Divided is another Civil War mod? I see no sense in that... But after all, there is a hundred of WWII mods around too.

Hehe...If you look at some really flaming threads then our little bickering is very mild. crazy_o.gif

But where views just can't be aligned it is perhaps better that each does his own, and only cooperate on points of mutual interest.

Players decide what to use by their own taste anyway. Nothing we can do about that, but try to offer them the best.

Anyway...

Slightly re-detailed for CWMOD, the NEW PISTOL ANIMS made by Sanctuary are available for download!

CWPistolAnims.jpg

Download them here!

"Save target as"

Nice, but is it anyhow possible to also change the moving anims? And the reload anims are maybe a bit too quick... Well I don't know if they had quickloaders in the 1800's tounge_o.gif

Triglav is right, these things can be far far worse, as usual theirs a deeper story behind these decisions, (that isnt to insinuate people are to blame) its just to remind u that nothing is made out of hand at the spur of the moment.

People have very 'definitive' ideas about how mods want to be run, Cwmod is more of a community project, House Divided, is attempting to be tighter knit, more controlled and (well u know, one of those types of mod)

The important thing is to share, and to cooperate, ive said to triglav already that cwmod can use and he says we can use, the stuff co-opted on (cos those disputes could have wrecked things) and if we share technology, (for example im making custom anims too, which ill share for free, and im sure vice versa etc, and blah blah)

Its not appropriate for me to go on about House Divided on this thread (given this thread is for cwmod) but theres no harm to let u know whose in it, thats me, Zalmoxis, popka with direct assistance from chaps like lthunter, and rebus and others.

If you have any questions, u can email me

Nice, but is it anyhow possible to also change the moving anims? And the reload anims are maybe a bit too quick... Well I don't know if they had quickloaders in the 1800's tounge_o.gif

You're right, they didn't have quickloaders. And a revolver took several minutes to properly reload. But this then makes for a whole new level of animations, and I'm afraid I just ain't up to the level of it. Maybe if Sanctuary does it ;)

Ha!

Being the incredibly cool guy that he is, Sanctuary did not wait for us to complain any further and just made a freaking great reload animation! biggrin_o.gif

Download the animations file again, remove sancpistol.pbo from cwmod/addons and put in the new CWMODpistol.pbo.

The men armed with revolvers will slowly put in bullets one by one, six times.

Now how cool is that, huh? wow_o.gif

Download here!

the answer being very cool, it would be great if there was also an animation for firing the pistol, with the arm bent, suitable for those ol 6'shooters hehe...

Plus I've altered an old face pack, that has 22 so far, ill put a screen of some later, we can maybe share those

Heres a wee pic, of the kind of faces, that will be in, there are 22 so far.

http://img126.echo.cx/my.php?image=sarge8qw.jpg

I am also creating (or attempting to) new 3d collars

Yep now Im sure of it, this mod is nearing perfection. The new pistol anims are really cool and add lots to the atmosphere.

Great job Sanctuary! wink_o.gif

man its great being an officer, blasting away at the confeds charging at my position. Or vice vers of course. A question on the campiagn. In the mission where we first attack the towh of ghettysburg and I have to find a general, I attacked the town and killed everyone but I couldnt find the general.

Anyone know where he is :P

BTW this mod is getting better and better. I love it, I really do. I didnt play it for a while as for me its a mod that means I cant really be bothered, but when I play it I cant stop for days

Hes in the Northeast of the town

Hi all been meaniung to post great Mod (only one I play at present)

I'm working on some second bull run Scenarios at present...

may take some time, anyway

reall like the mod and the feel watched Gettysburg film 5times now

: )

keep up the good work I have a wish list for the mod but will only post it wih any work I do (to force me to actually finish somthing!)

but just as a helper, Prof Tournesoll your script rocks for lines but is there actually any chance of a 3wide column of march version,

I'm having real probs with my intro and have minimal Scripting skills,

mostly relying on Cannablising the ones from OFPEC(General Barrons Rock)

any way thanks a bunch guys Even if I never release my Bull run2 Stuff i've had fun messing, best wishes

Quag

Great looking mod! I have been meaning to reinstall OFP for this for some time, and finally got around to it. I see some of you around the MMG CWBR boards as well.

Problem- I can't seem to get the mod to start (I'm using the launcher, not the shortcut method). I'm getting an error that says: "No entry 'cfgworlds'". Anything I need to swap around? I installed as per the prescribed method, and the requisite folder is in the Operation Flashpoint folder. Thanks.

@ProfT........ Yes that indeed works for the

bayonet addaction......thanx.

problem was I was using a modified Musket and Enfield

pbo because there was a problem with multiple addactions

showing up in multiplayer. So I changed the scripts in those pbo files. I've reverted back to the

original pbo's for single player missions.

bigus

Hi benpark,

does the error message say "No entry cfgworlds\cwgettysburg" and the game starts in the water ?

If so, you most likely have the cwgettysburg.pbo in the wrong folder, it ought to be in the CWMod\Addons subfolder.

Godspeed,

Pickett

I see some of you around the MMG CWBR boards as well.

Hi benpark.

I'm often around MMG's forum, because being a fan of Civil War it's really a strategy game I have been waiting a long time for.

Though I was thnking. If Bull Run game would be around a coupleof years ago, I'd probably never get into making this CWMOD. I'd be modding uniforms for CWBR most likely...

;)

Your folders for CWMOD should look like this:

-Operation Flashpoint

-CWMOD

-Addons

-Bin

-Dta

All CWMOD related stuff should be in these folders, none in Operation Flashpoint/Addons. Then it should work fine. It does for everyone else, anyway.

Ok I need to know something i am making missions for the Chattanooga Campaign map and i have to know something i made a SP mission so you can have 3 squads and buy stuff and respawn when you get killed, or would you rather have it that you only have 1 squad and not buy stuff, when you die you die. To end the 3 squad mission you have to capture and hold 6 flags. Need help on this. wado

I'm going to jump bandwaggon here and ask for everybodys opinion on multiple squad control engines.

The second part of my campaign will have some larger engagements, so which engine to choose ?

Conditions: fully developed, easy on the player and the editor as well.

Suggestions ?

Godspeed,

Pickett

Damn! Every time I try playing this mod now, I get kicked to the desktop with a message suggesting I'm "Out of videomemory"! And I have the "-Nomap -Nosplash" on as well! HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLP!!!" mad_o.gifcrazy_o.gifsad_o.gifrock.gif

Voice actors wanted !

One other thing, since some of you out there complained a bit about the lack of custom voices in the campaign, i'm looking for volunteers,

American accents preferably.

Age 18 to 70, we got lot's of open positions here.

biggrin_o.gif

If you're interested, please email me.

Godspeed,

Pickett

what about Southern American accents? well up here in the north i don't have an accent the yankees do.

what about Southern American accents? well up here in the north i don't have an accent the yankees do.

A southern accent ? LOL

I always thought that was a language of its own. tounge_o.gif

See my signature.