Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

Triglav

Had'nt you better post some pics of the intended work here before actually doing it ?

I mean, to have them approved by somebody who knows about such things ?

Tststststs, you're not supposed to step out of rank here.

Gavin

i really fear for your state of mind reading such things.

Don't overwork yourself.

I want a proper OFP horse!

babywizards_1776_840023.gif

Didn't ol' Dick once cry:

"A horse, a horse,

a Gavin for a horse!"

WTF!?!?! Looking at your posts I can only wonder how much LSD you guys do? crazy_o.gif

I mean having followed this conversation I, at first thought I was getting it, then I guestioned myself if I had missed some important point and now Im completely lost.

WTF!?!?! Looking at your posts I can only wonder how much LSD you guys do?   crazy_o.gif

You know I'm actually seriously considering making an "Idiot Mod". yay.gif

Well, gentlemen, i must admit that your "dispute" is amusing, entertaining sometimes, but i'm not far from being fed up with it...    goodnight.gif

Excuse me mr Prof can you give me further news on formation scripts your working on, like a column version of your current script

iv'e tried rehasing the line one but it's fairly buggy I'm going to let my freind whos a better scripter have a look at some point..

CWMod are any of the following in the works

-Vehicles Ambulance Wagon

Moving ammo wagon

Stretchers (I saw pics earlier)

Moving wagon (normal)

Limbers and Caisson's

Man handleable Guns (I've man handled Re-enactment

guns and theyre quite Movable)

Civilian coaches (2wheeled and 4 wheeled)

Gun boats? + rowboats

-Objects Barricades (Quite important ala Culps hill where union

troops used felled trees

A covered dead body (for Aid post also union and

reb's in bloody overalls would be cool)

Observation post (signal post)

-Units

Some Rebs in Butternut coats etc (and maybe in mixed union kit

Apart from the medical orderlys really isn't much

more you can ask for here perhaps Some

personalitys?)

-Air A hot air balloon ?

I can get pictures of the above if Nessecary

Hey Prof,

Ur right a bit there, but it is tongue in cheek, nobody dislikes anyone really here (okay apart from me) But seriously its good, and there is cooperation between these 2 mods, for my part there are many things were sharing, and theres many things were not making as to leave cwmod its effective agenda, but even if we do get ahead in areas, we wont let cwmod trail behind, or be a real rival, we'd help them or share with them things, sure well negotiate deals etc, but if they really need certain things, we wouldnt deny it to cwmod. Likewise cwmod has expertise in area it helps us with also, so its mutually beneficial, and its amazing we have 2 period mods, with different set agendas.

So its friendly rivalry, and just me being sarcastic and impertinent, combined with triglavs rebuttals and pickets (whatever he does) but none of it is serious, and we hope to help cwmod in a number of ways. but sure, it does come with friendly, comical or even bemusing exchanges. (for all intended purposes i consider triglav a friend on my msn) so its all good

how bout someone make a multiplayer mission!

on one side they can have a dude named Gavin and on the

other side a guy named Triglav. Then you guys can duke it out pistols.gif

lets stay focused on the CIVIL WAR MOD guys, I'm interested

in what Trig and the gang have yet to release.

(ie: bayonets, and more work by ProfT , Pickett & co's horse etc).

bigus

Ok...down to business. I'll get back to abusing Gavin later tounge2.gif

Things in the works by CWMOD:

-Gettysburg campaign day 2; getting done by Pickett

-more regimental-specific units (mixed dress, campaign wear, early war); getting done by Triglav

-simplified bayonets (no more laggy script, but default AI use); getting done by ProfT

-horse (real or wooden I don't care, just gimme one): getting done by ProfT, Brooks, Pickett, Gavin, anyone else?

-stretchers...who was doing that already?

-barricade objects: Pickett and I can turn out some of these in a short time

-islands: though they're already available for download, next CWMOD release will include Chattanooga Campaign and Bull Run islands (cause they're very good and important for any CW enthusiast): by Tsalagikola and Bigus_Dikus

Things in cooperation with Gavin-the-egotrippin-clansman:

-retextured weapons; by Gavin

-new aimsights: by Gavin

-horse (real or wooden I don't care, just gimme one): getting done by ProfT, Brooks, Pickett, Gavin, anyone else?

-any other useful details they might come up with that are in accordance with my rigid totalitarian CWMOD standards

wink_o.gif

...and now to the old routine:

Gavin, your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

-stretchers...who was doing that already?

I think Prof was working on it.

And if you people think you're gonna start another arguement, well, I guess I can't say it here because of the board rules, but anyways. If we won't get CWMOD 1.2 because of your arguements, I'll come to your dreams, eat your cake and drink your whiskey! And if that won't work, next time I'll bring my dog! And that certainly will work, cause she'll eat everything in sight, including your OFP discs and your computer.

@ Quag : is this what you want ?

line3f5di.jpg

I finally managed to make this banghead.gif new line script work (3 lines of 3 men), if anyone interested, can send it...if i got email adresses...

About stretcher, I did one, maybe it could be released some day (i made ambulance men too, "driving" the stretcher) :

stretcher7kn.jpg

Oh, right.

ProfT doing stretchers - checked.

(could I just please, kindly ask you ProfT, to cut the pictures a bit and reduce their size...)

@Dynamite

Have your dog eat Gavin and we'll be fine

whistle.gif (I didn't say this)

dog_bite_250.gif

Quote[/b] ](could I just please, kindly ask you ProfT, to cut the pictures a bit and reduce their size...)

Yes, you're right, I'm getting old and blind.... confused_o.gif

Yes Prof thats Bang on what I was after. I have my email linked on my posts(i think)

Sound's like a great load of work in the progress, thanks for the swift replys, I'm oing to have to go watch gettysburg again now biggrin_o.gif

oh on a note how many squads are people comftably using t the Moment (I've loadded as many as possible in to two firing lines and watched what happens dispite the lag a couple of times pistols.gif

It really shows the scope of the game....

Best wishes too all Quag

TO ALL MISSION MAKERS!

More diverse units means more lag, as that many more different textures/models must be loaded.

Here are some guidelines to still make good missions, with less variety of dress in each.

Union army was generally very uniformed, thus if you use only one type of regiment uniforms (i.e. regulars, Iron Brigade, Bucktails, etc...) then that's fine.

Rebels had more random uniforms, but try to limit the variability within one battle to 1 or 2 types of different uniforms. Rather make more battles in a campaign and do each with different dressed regiments...

If each rebel wore a different uniform I got terrible lag when I had 20 of them (+20 Yankees) in a mission. If I used all in the same uniform, I easily did 60 units (+60 Yankees) in each battle.

Bear in mind that Civil War regiments were rigid structures that fought together, thus you would rarely if ever come accross a mixed task unit (like in modern armies) of say one zouave, one cavalryman, one infantryman, one volunteer, and so on...

As at first different states supplied their men in different uniforms, regiments from each state tended to be similar in appearance. And up to 600 men in one regiment were dressed pretty much alike (Union almost always, Rebel if they could, but limited supply made this rather impossible...)

Later in the war centralized depots issued uniforms, but generally again armies in certain theatres of operation got similar uniforms. You can pretty much sum up a Rebel regiment by 2, max. 3 different uniform types.

With the next expansion pack, there will again be more variety in uniform, focusing on specific regiments, battles, etc... So you'll be able to cover just about any engagement you can think of.

-Vehicles

Moving wagon (normal)

Limbers and Caisson's

Man handleable Guns (I've man handled Re-enactment

guns and theyre quite Movable)

Civilian coaches (2wheeled and 4 wheeled)

Gun boats? + rowboats

To address these requests.

Wagons, limbers, coaches...all conditioned by the appearance of a good OFP horse.

We have a working limber/caisson/towable artillery system available but don't want to release it before a pretty horse is available.

I have experimented with moving artillery pieces by defining them as a vehicle and adding "driver"/pusher, but I couldn't get it working well enough, as AI somehow spent more time driving them around than holding a position and shooting from it (even though I defined speed as "1", thus making movement incredibly slow). Cannon vehicle configs, model "weight" defined in the proper LOD tuned well and wheels would have to be made turnable to make this concept run smoothly.

Someone here was making some nice ships/ironclads, some nice screenies are somewhere in this thread, but then nothing came of it...

Ok thanks for clearing that up sound's like works going on at full pace with you guys, and you hav experimented with most of the thngs I mentioned. look forwad to seeing the NY fire Zouaves etc if they are planned and the 33rd Vaginia (I think) in their blue coats

for first bull run.

Regards Quag

Hi, I have a problem with the Civil War Mod Campaign. I'm stuck on mission nr 6 Nightwalker. I did discover the Yankees and after some firefight I managed to return to camp to deliver my report. The problem is even though the objectives are done, the mission won't end. Any reason why?

//AL pistols.gif

i just watched the movie "Glory" today, and wow_o.gif it was amazing. but when i went to play civilwarmod, the gun smoke just jumped out at me again; it's way too thick!! other than that it was great, bayonetting people in the woods is intense!!

LOL

Battle effects in Glory really weren't the most relevant ones, cause if they used blackpowder and the smoke it makes, camera wouldn't show anything but white fog...

See reenactment pics for a more historic idea:

Volley-fire-line.jpg

Union-Line-firing.jpg

Hey guys!

Has anyone noticed "BergHoff's Nature pack - Screenshots" on ofp.gamezone.cz a few days ago? Those trees would look great in this mod (would give more variety to the battlefield maps). By the way NICE pictures Triglav!

LONGSTREET

C.S.A.

What other Addons and mods to people here use in support of CWMOD..

personaaly I use

The Mig animals Pack (Mostly theMule and Cattle)

Phil commandos Horse

And a few of the editor upgrades

Also A priest from another Civilian pack(FML_Civilans I believe?)

and The Dog addon

Any one?

yours thoughtfully Quag

@ Sandman214155 : download the addon pack, with animated flags, new units, musicians etc..(have a look at cwmod web page).