Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

Hey Bigus, sorry ive been away the last 2wks, cos of exams and also cos of a new computer. So ive just about completed all my exams, and just about got my new compy set up, then ill be posting an update about the units, its all good tho, dont worry ive not vanished!

Hey all it's me again.., MilitiaSniper!

I am about to release a historical mission.

Based on the 3rd day of Gettysburg.

(Of course I can't put out thousands of soldiers.)

But I think what I did will work fine for all.

But I detailed it in a basic way!

With historical information.

But.., I want a few BETA TESTERS before it goes total public.

Because of my last mission, "Lost In Time."

For some reason, it had addon bugs in it.

And I don't want everyone to have the same problem this time.

So if anyone is interested.

PLEASE..! Send me a private message.

I hope if you test it or play the mission.

I will be able to send you back in time!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

unclesam.gif  unclesam.gif  unclesam.gif  unclesam.gif

PS. Remember you will need the latest CW Mod. Version.

LOL!!!!!!!

Into and Outro is included!

civilwar.jpg[/url][/img]

its all good tho, dont worry ive not vanished!

Ya had me worried there for a while.

I've been looking foward to seeing

the new units in action smile_o.gif

bigus

I cant find any discussion on this so dont hate me if there is...

My question is: How do you keep your men from breaking ranks? I mean if you command the group its easy...but the other groups just starts running around fireing wild and dont stay in a solid battle line...is there any way to make them stand..? Like a script or something?

Well, you can always use the "dostop this" command. They march with "careless" and "column" towards the enemy, and when they're close enough, they change it to "Line" and "Aware" or "Safe". And in this second waypoint, In Activation field says "dostop soldier1; dostop soldier2" etc.

In my Civil War mission I just released.

Have guys marching in ranks under artillery and musket fire!

But I used a script from, ProfTournesol.

He did a great job with on it!

Here is a link to the mission! "3rd, Jul. 1863"

Info can be found here about the mission with screen shots.

User Mission: Forum

Check it out!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

unclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gif

I cant find any discussion on this so dont hate me if there is...

My question is: How do you keep your men from breaking ranks? I mean if you command the group its easy...but the other groups just starts running around fireing wild and dont stay in a solid battle line...is there any way to make them stand..? Like a script or something?

this disableAI "target"

In each group member's init field. That will prevent them from using OFP's AI to try and flank the enemy, run for cover, etc.

Did you try my mission I just released?

I have the guys stay in ranks using a script from ProfTournesol.

You will find they work great for what you need!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper!

@ militia sniper : just downloaded your mission, gonna try it.

About disableai "target", strange things occured when this command is used : the guys seem to find cover all the time, hiding behind everything they can find.

Great mission, MilitiaSniper! Especially those formations put the atmosphere on the roof. Maybe a little bayonet charge would have been cool...

But what script did you use to make those tight formations? I tried General Barron's, but putting them so tight caused the same as the default tight formations with 1.0, this means the AI stands around like they wouldn't ever have heard of formations.

Well.., I have to give credit where credit is due.

ProfTournesol was the one who made the script!

Without it.., The mission wouldn't be as good.

My next mission will have bayonet charging in it.

I also will be using ProfTournesol's medic script.

That's gonna be a surprise for all! (I hope?)

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

PS. If you play the mission.

Can you post comments under the 3rd Jul. 1863 thread?

Good or bad!

ya Militia the mission was good but I think some more

Union guys arriving maybe in the nick of time would be good.

I tried to stay in formation but just could'nt help myself and

had to charge the wall biggrin_o.gif

I'm impressed  with the line script, cuddos to ProfT!

bigus

As he said in the mission's topic, you can simply depbo the mission and you'll see. I was first like what the... when I only saw sound triggers, but then I realised. A really easy-to-use script, which I hope will make people use it even more.

How about a similar column formation next?

Once again, DynamiteCow comes and saves my worthless bum-bum...

How do you "De-pbo" it? You mean, like... turn it into one of those "Sqm"-or-something files? How?

Quote[/b] ]As he said in the mission's topic, you can simply depbo the mission and you'll see. I was first like what the... when I only saw sound triggers, but then I realised. A really easy-to-use script, which I hope will make people use it even more.

Thanks

Quote[/b] ]How about a similar column formation next?

Well, despite ofp setpos and trigonometry seem quite strange sometimes...i think i could modify it to make other formations...but column does already exist, i mean with weapon on shoulder...doesn't it ?

I am in your debt. I'd... milk you any time, DynamiteCow.

*Rowr...*! biggrin_o.gif

*EDIT* ...But wait! How do you use this script? The test mission worked fine and all, but how do I use this for my own missions? rock.gif

*EDIT 2* Figured it out by myself. apparently I'll have to move the scripts into the mission folders before they can be used.

There's a few bugs, though. Those times I tried, on different maps, the Bluecoats, ("Unionists"?), Will just stand around, facing every direction, for a good while, picking their noses before firing like their leader, Usually some NCO-chap, does.

The Greycoats, ("Confederates"?), on the other hand, aims their Enfields like they should, but doesn't seem to shoot. Now, I'm so upset about this, I'm gonna Leetspeak! Oh yes, I will! Don't you think you can stop me! Okay, listen:

"WTF?!".

There I did it. Phew, what a relief. Now, anything to do about this? Prof? Dynamite? Anyone? rock.gif

My last exam this monday, hurrah at last, on the tuesday *wink* ill start working back on finishing the beta, and if all goes well, we should have a wee release to make by the wkend. ;)

My school ends next weekend, so great if it'll be released then. I can celeberate that by getting .58 Minié balls into my head!

So the next version will include all these new units, weapons etc.?

Damn. Working on a mission right now. What's that script you use to display flags, again?

You see, there's this enemy camp down a valley, and it has the Southern flag on display.

The reason I ask you guys this is because one of you made this little campaign, where you start out by taking out three enemy fortifications at a time to advance to mission 2. Then I noticed that these bases have the enemy flag on show. What's the script for showing CWMOD flags? (And showing flags in general...)?

Thanks in advance! wink_o.gif

If you wanna put a flag on a flagpole, just write in the init field of the flagpole : this setflagtexture "name of the texture".

The texture (.jpg or else) must be somewhere...It can be in your mission folder, or somewhere else in a pbo, and if so, you've to write the path to the texture : this setflagtexture "\name of the pbo\name of the texture".

Voila