Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

Inferior, you just have too many addons. But before you delete your addons folder: Make sure you have -nomap enabled in the shortcut.

Yup sneakysix this is until the new site goes up, 'effectively' the CWMOD forum, and i hate to damage the illusion of mod perfection but since we all know teams recruit and have to do dirty work lol, im sure it wont hurt too many peoples feelings if we do it in this thread or not : ) - u can always just look at the pictures tho muhhahahaha

As in regards to publicity, well its important, but good addons, maps etc are for more important, and thats what these discussions are for.

Right, well at the moment the old release of the cwmod was 1.2 if im not mistaken. Well im going to propose we work on a team beta for version 2.0, followed quickly by a public beta version 2.0

This will include,

1) The new units, that have replaced and expanded on all the old units from v1.2

2) An updated GUI (no serious changes - only very slightly)

3) Updated AI coding for weapons, scripts.

4) Possible updating of some map objects featured in pickets map (but only of course with his permission)

and hopefully

5) working and animated cavalry units, utilising carbines and melee weaponry.

Time frame - approximately 4 weeks for team beta i suspect. 5 - 6 for public.

Regards

Gavin *wink*

Well, here is the trick to make a soldier use a specific anim when doing a specific thing (for example replacing the strokegun anim by a bayonet one).

In a config file, put :

Quote[/b] ]class CfgMovesMC

{

class actions{};

class blendanims{};

class default{};

class standbase: default{};

class defaultdie: default{};

class ladderbase: standbase{};

class ladderupbase: ladderbase{};

class ladderdownbase: ladderbase{};

class interpolations{};

};

class CfgMovesBayo: CfgMovesMC

{

class States

{

Then copy and paste all the states class of the cwmod config.bin, modifying the actions you want to modify (like "CombatStrokeGun" and "CombatStrokeGunEnd"). Then };

In the soldiers config, just put : moves="CfgMovesBayo" or whatever the name is ! So you can modify the actions of specific soldiers (for example soldiers without bayonet use the classic strokegun anim, and the bayonet ones use a bayonet anim instead). Thank you General Barron !

@ bigus dikus : i do appreciate  smile_o.gif but it doesn't matter if i'm a team member or not, just helping when i can.

Open up "Properties" or whatever it is on your sytem of the CWMOD icon. Then, there's a line with something like

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nosplash -mod=CWMOD

or similar. Depends on where you've installed flashpoint. Now change the line into

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -mod=CWMOD

and now Flashpoint runs withthe "nomap" paremeter set on. At least it works for me when OFP blames me for not having enough memory or something.

EDIT: Shouldn't write when i'm tired. What the heck were the bolds doing around nosplash? Damn, I'm really tired even now. Or is it normal that it SNOWS at the better side of April?

Color is just that, color. It's not a texture. It was used to slow down enemy attacks by both North and South (but mainly South as they fought more defensive battles/sieges).

Chevaux-de-frise obstacle

Thank you, my highly explosive, bovine friend! Trying it out now! wink_o.gif

*EDIT* ...And it worked beautifully. Now I can finally play again! Yay! Thanks. biggrin_o.gif

i am trying to get a movie put together to let you see what the Chattanooga Campaign Island looks like i will try to post it sometime today

Sounds great Tsa good luck! You should check out fraps ;)

//EDIT

Incidentally u filthy pig dogs lol, *Ahem* since trig might not be able to keep the site up indefinately, its time for a new site to perhaps get made etc, so lets have some ideas, i have a chap working on a customisable php (which we'll further customise)

but what features would ya like to have on the new site?

I say nothing fancy-pancy. Just like the old one, the things you need can be found easily, no more or less.

Of course a intro like this is really nice to watch, but if you make a flash intro, make it skippable. An intro is nice to watch a time or two, but if you visit the site occasionaly, you don't want to watch a ten minute intro.

An alert for the mission makers out there, now the new unit pack is coded differently at the moment to the initial 1.1 cwmod unit release.

What this means is that for mission makers at cwmod, the new units will not be compatable with old missions or missions in development.

What i propose, is that since the new units shall be replacing the old unit packs, then i will integrate the old unit 'ids' into the new pack, matching them to their corresponding new units.

Hence when the new unit pack is released, all the old missions should be compatable with the cwmod's new release, which will be the version 2.0 beta.

Well, i'd like to wish an happy birthday to Triglav,  xmas_o.gif and hope his new job will bring him success and happiness...

great gavin that means that hopefully my western misson Outlaws will be ok, if not i will just update it biggrin_o.gif

I'm going to hold off on the applause for this "replacement" pack until I see it.

For all the grief that came out of this, I hope it's good.

rock.gif

Well, i'd like to wish an happy birthday to Triglav,  xmas_o.gif and hope his new job will bring him success and happiness...

Thank you very much ProfT. xmas_o.gif

Just a wee update,

Work on units specifically has now been completed, there is about 26 Union units, and 42 Confederates and a mix of 22 civilian type units (for both east and civilian classes)

The cannons and other map objects have a fresh lick of paint to go with the new crews.

Cavalry units may not be included with the first release however (it just depends on whether the horses are ready)

We will integrate ProfT's animated flags, and also his cool horse + carriage combination vehicles amongst other things.

Weapons have been recoded so that units will use them at varying and appropriate ranges, (assessed mainly from general info supplied by the book 'The Great Book of Guns' by Chris McNab, (and cross referenced with some other internet articles) In general the AI will fire weapons more intuitively, sharpshooters etc providing long distance fire etc.

The accuracy of weapons is more realistic also, in particular for muskets, so the AI will fire them at a closer range than the former coded range for cw1.1, but the player too must fire at a similar range or will probably miss.

I am also looking to integrate pain sounds that are customised especially for NCO's, flagbearers, officers and particular regiments, just so we can make the whole battlefield experience more personal muhahha.

Super soon new optics will be done, we are struck between either doing the so called 3d optics (i.e. edited pictures from oxy, made into optics) or traditional black optics. The new black optics can still look attractive but will save us a lot of time, what do u guys think?

- Triglav

Happy Bday man!

- Canadian

If you have an issue u can pm me rather than moan on this forum,

I hope that this next release will be tested in both Single and Multiplayer.

And i gotta say there is some nice uniforms you got there Gavin.

Good luck with this brilliant mod.

heres the download link for a movie showing the Chattanooga Campaign Island

You guys are gonna LOVE this island! It's full of atmosphere, and plentiful settings for authentic battles from the War Between the States. There are nice little scenes, like a water mill by a pond, with reeds on the pond's edge. The bridges, and there are many, have been tested extensively.

I dare say that it will serve nicely also for units of other periods, like Napoleonic and French And Indian War/American Revolution. You'll really appreciate it!

Too bad we didn't have that flying ironclad back then that's featured in the movie... wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Here is a small movie i have been working on and you can see how the bridges work on Chattanooga Campaign Island. The last song is a Civil War song for Combat Chaplain and my home state, the song is in memory of our familys that fought for the state of Alabama

DOWNLOAD HERE

Quote[/b] ] Canadian

If you have an issue u can pm me rather than moan on this forum

Not moaning....commenting.

There's no need to pm you. I just hope that the mod team disbanding and the mod being replaced by your versions is actually beneficial and worthwhile.

Awsome vid Tsalagikola!

love the flag bearers and drummers as well as the

cavalry....... ok love all of it!

any chance of making a stone bridge for my bull run map?wink_o.gif

I've actually been looking foward to the chattanooga map for

a while. (been reading Shelby Footes chapter on it a couple of times over).

to the mod team..... gotta walk before you run!

start slow folks and dazzle us with your talents not your

bulls#@t. by that I mean release something and expand on it.

dont try to overkill the beta.

I'm with you if you give the community something to build on instead of empty promises.

bigus