Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

Damn! Every time I try playing this mod now, I get kicked to the desktop with a message suggesting I'm "Out of videomemory"! And I have the "-Nomap -Nosplash" on as well! HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLP!!!"  mad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  sad_o.gif  rock.gif

I ran into this same problem a while back. It has to do with the number of addons you have in your addons folders!

if you dont want to lose stuff , make a folder and save them

but dump as many unnessesary addons that you can then

start up the game.(hope this helps)

bigus

Its on the # 2 CWMOD website and i will keep it there, its on the download page. I hope it will make it easyer for everyone. If i know if there is anything else that will help i will post it and put it there. And the picture that is on the download page is my wife's gggrandfather with the 19th Wisconsin and ssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh she's a yankee.

Well anyway im continuing away developing the weapons, this is a weapon pack were quite kindly sharing with cwmod, (as it contains many new models, redone models and new AI weapon coding, ala AI distances etc) and of course new optics, but i would like some help with this to be sure i get it correct.

The muskets of course have an aimer consisting of a rectangle, a horizontal bar, (with a groove) that lines up with the nodgie on the end of the barrel, but I am presuming that the horizontal bar on the rectangle was adjustable (that slid up and down on the rectangle) is that true? and where would it normally be positioned to aim approximately 'straight ahead' as I am not sure whether it would be set in the middle of the rectangle. Hopefully that made sense lol, and bigus dikus (cya) dont worry baby ;) im still here.

Anyway here is a some amusing pics of fighting up close, and of the optic (which is far from finished, and still needs its 'aiming' set right.

(close range death aieeee)

http://img92.echo.cx/my.php?image=battle014cb.jpg

(note scarves on right, and new faces)

http://img92.echo.cx/my.php?image=battle026nk.jpg

(unlucky zouave but can u guess the regiment?)

http://img92.echo.cx/my.php?image=battle036be.jpg

And in other news, the BIS islands are being converted into thematic maps for the 1850s - 70s,

The first island, Everon, is being converted into what will be a fictional southern owned island, beset with mud and rain, in what will be a hostile and somewhat creepy environment, featuring redone artwork (screens will follow soon) and a fortification century fortification (think sumter) gold mine, and docks (with some ship objects in the harbour hopefully)

The island will be part of a story driven campaign being done my a mission dude from ww2ec, and i44 (together in peace to help) that takes a chap from thee old west, thru the civil war, ending his illustrious career at the start of the 'mexican civil war'

Naturally while the units and weapons will be authentic, the islands, while accurate with objects, will be fictional, and the story (when it is drawn up) will refer to historical incidents (and not be counter historical) but will have obvious fictional elements,

anyway a long post lol, thanx for reading.

Hey Tsal... how bout 1 squad, your able to buy stuff (like other squads for instance) and when you die the missions over? rock.gif

this would make for an interesting mission. Still have around

6 objectives to take though as this would make it a more difficult.

bigus

the way i have it set up you start alone and you have to buy the squads so you can have 0 men or up to 3 squads and if i can figure it out i will make it when you die that will end the mission too. Thanks

Got it sorted-the mod selector program had installed itself as "Operation Flashpoint" in my Codemasters folder-thus nothing loading.

Ran it, and it's amazing. Great to be down on the ground level. Back to set up a few more battles, and I'll be back to sort through the forums a bit more. Thanks for the mod and the help!

*Ahem!* Remember me, Prof...? wink_o.gif Script goes there:

tangatrond@yahoo.no

Anyway, I've been waiting for a chance to do a little pay-back for all the answers to my OMGWTFN00B questions, and scripts/islands sent by EMAIL. I'm pretty much the only one around who hasn't contributed in some way to this mod.

Pickett; I've been doing a little bit of dubbing/voice acting in my life, and you asked for voice-actors, so... can I be of any help? rock.gif I'm 17, though. Not 18. And I live in Norway, but apperently a couple of modders for a PC-game called Dawn of War got around such problems somehow, so... Well, if you should be interrested...

Well anyway im continuing away developing the weapons, this is a weapon pack were quite kindly sharing with cwmod, (as it contains many new models, redone models and new AI weapon coding, ala AI distances etc) and of course new optics, but i would like some help with this to be sure i get it correct.

The muskets of course have an aimer consisting of a rectangle, a horizontal bar, (with a groove) that lines up with the nodgie on the end of the barrel, but I am presuming that the horizontal bar on the rectangle was adjustable (that slid up and down on the rectangle) is that true? and where would it normally be positioned to aim approximately 'straight ahead' as I am not sure whether it would be set in the middle of the rectangle. Hopefully that made sense lol, and bigus dikus (cya) dont worry baby ;) im still here.

Anyway here is a some amusing pics of fighting up close, and of the optic (which is far from finished, and still needs its 'aiming' set right.

(close range death aieeee)

http://img92.echo.cx/my.php?image=battle014cb.jpg

(note scarves on right, and new faces)

http://img92.echo.cx/my.php?image=battle026nk.jpg

(unlucky zouave but can u guess the regiment?)

http://img92.echo.cx/my.php?image=battle036be.jpg

And in other news, the BIS islands are being converted into thematic maps for the 1850s - 70s,

The first island, Everon, is being converted into what will be a fictional southern owned island, beset with mud and rain, in what will be a hostile and somewhat creepy environment, featuring redone artwork (screens will follow soon) and a fortification century fortification (think sumter) gold mine, and docks (with some ship objects in the harbour hopefully)

The island will be part of a story driven campaign being done my a mission dude from ww2ec, and i44 (together in peace to help) that takes a chap from thee old west, thru the civil war, ending his illustrious career at the start of the 'mexican civil war'

Naturally while the units and weapons will be authentic, the islands, while accurate with objects, will be fictional, and the story (when it is drawn up) will refer to historical incidents (and not be counter historical) but will have obvious fictional elements,

anyway a long post lol, thanx for reading.

Wow gavin i just noticed that post on the previous page, those look realy, realy, good. I cant wait biggrin_o.gif

my.php?image=battle026nk.jpg

Click on the WWW under Tasalagikola's Posts that should get you there.

Update on the Chattanooga missions right now it has a 14 player MP mission control 3 squads-CSA SP mission control 3 squads with respawn-CSA SP mission control 3 squads with no respawn and tomorrow i will make USA SP mission control 3 squads with respawn-USA SP mission control 3 squads with no respawn all you have to capture and hold 6 flags and i might make a whole set with 10 flags capture and hold. so it will have enough missions with it[ i think that might be enough] is there any thing i may be missing?

How can I get my CWMOD anims to work in just CW mod, and leave my regular anims alone?

-Breaker Out

I've seen alot of new posts lately, so I'm gunna post

my updated mission pack. 8 multiplayer 1 single player (sorry

working on some more!) 1 map (bull run).

hope you enjoy

bigus

My Webpage

what units arebeing worked on by the cwmod at present?  smile_o.gif

i amlooking orward to your next release

and everytime i see one of those rapidshare.de links i want to shoot someone. Use dajoob.com  mad_o.gif no one likes havingto wait for downloads

Quote[/b] ]How can I get my CWMOD anims to work in just CW mod, and leave my regular anims alone?

-Breaker Out

Put everything in your cwmod folder...

what units arebeing worked on by the cwmod at present? smile_o.gif

i amlooking orward to your next release

Severals specific units / regiments.

Things that Pickett willbe able to use in Gettysburg Campaign Day 2.

Yup tho it should be a priority of cwmod to fix up the optics on the weapons too, since their currently so hideous, (for many) and their a pain in the arse to make too as its difficult to guage the angle they would be held (as you would see it as an optic - when you are texturing it.

So we should discuss the optics as in the best way to make new ones, and how they would appear, especially if we mean to share them (unless ur making them seperately)

Cos if cwmod isnt interested in suggesting any input to these optics (that im slavering over) then well... ill cry like a lost kitten, and ill cry liket his

"mewww mewwwww"

Yepster, the optics need some working. At least the Spencer Carbine has it's... Ahh, what is it english? Well, the thing in ironsights that is in the front, that you align with the rear sights. Well, anyway, that thing in the Spencer has an annoying split in the end which makes aiming hard.

Luckily the Enfield has crystal-clear sights and is very accurate! One cool thing would also be coloured sights like with the Liberation mod for example.

Of course I could try to find time to learn how to make custom optics myself too...

Hehe.

We definitely wouldn't want anyone crying like a kitten wow_o.gif

I will assemble some historic input on the sights, combined with the distribution of sights in CWMOD, so we can come up with some more accurate ones.

Expect an update on this matter soon.

Cool well im happy to make the textures for the new optics and to share and share alike, but i just dont want to make them only for them to be all wrong, cos that would be like a tad infuriating, and yep the optics im meaning dynamite are what they call '3d optics' which are in fact, just um, nice colour ones (tho don't count on em being as pretty as liberation, cos there optics took weeks and weeks of work alone)

Also it would be cool if there was an alternative pistol animation that was a little less formal (the one made is fabulous of course) but maybe firing nearer the hip, for ee ol' gunslingers (and most probably confederate officers hehe)

Also with the reload animation while its cool (i think its maybe a tiny bit over the top that the chap would take out each bullet seperately, im sure for sake of speed he would take em out and slot each em)

Anyway heres a pic of another civilian (cowboy) pretty mean character (theres loads, more pics will be forthcoming soon)

http://img238.echo.cx/my.php?image=cowboy11ba.jpg

Gavin,

good idea about reworking the optics, the one on the spencer really does suck, if i may say so. (made it myself)

So how do we go about this ?

Best thing in my opinion is to draw up pictures about what they ought to look like and then go from there.

About the aiming position, well, i don't know. Have you ever tried shooting a handgun from the hip ?

Next to impossible to hit anything, looks fancy, but thats it.

No idea where that legend comes from, most likely someone in Hollywood dreamed it up.

Dynamite_cow,

the reload animation on the revolver is slow, and wrong in a way too, since most models had cylinders that were preloaded and only exchanged during a fight. Reloading one of them took several minutes.

Again, what is the opinion here, leave it as it is,  like a more modern weapon would be reloaded, or reduce the motion to one movement, pretending loading another cylinder ?

Godspeed,

Pickett

Well, Picket in regards to the animation for pistols, i think more of a compromise between arm completely extended and the hip would be a good additional animation especially for normal units using pistols, like confederate raiders, and other armed civilians, (as the current anim while great) is so very formal that u would expect to see it more akin to an 18th century aristocrat duelling with a flintlock hehe

Yeah, drawings of the optics would be completely ideal, that is all id need so i could be sure i was doing it right.

Here is another cowboy

http://img269.echo.cx/my.php?image=untitled16bs.jpg

(note half his legs missing lol, it has since been fixed, (the coat hides the missing legs) done to save polys and clipping

Oh and heres the pistols close up, never really shown them close, but here they are, including their new friend (the er... new deringer)

http://img275.echo.cx/my.php?image=pistols7bj.jpg