Sign in to follow this  
Silent N Deadly

Brother in Arms

Quote[/b] ]I personally think it is going to be much better than Operation Flashpoint and even Operation Flashpoint 2. It's nowhere near as big, of course, but it looks to be far, far more realistic. There'll be no more of these "unique" things that Bohemia Interactive Studios wants to keep in the game, like flying tanks and unrealistic statistics. I confess I've gotten kind of tired of guns that are accurate at all ranges (both mine and the artificial unintelligence's), guns that have nothing approaching realistic recoil especially on fully automatic, one inch shot groupings in general, and two two three rifles that do more damage than fifty calibers.

A short rundown on the realism:

1. You can take multiple gun shot wounds and still move like nothing happened.

2. The .50 cal on the sherman doesn't feel like a ".50 cal M2". You can hardly tell the difference between the .30 cal and .50cal M2HB. The .50cal just has a little more recoil, different skin and sound. Damage between the two mg is about the same.

3. You cannot go full auto with a BAR or thompson and expect to hit something.

4. Your men do fire their weapons while moving foward to another position even if you got another team covering them.

5. They put the PZ. IV Ausf. F1 (early 1941 tank) in and it can take multiple shots close range from the Sherman. I couldn't tell a difference between penetration of the short barrel 75mm of the F1 and the 75mm M3 gun of the Sherman. However, the commander of the Sherman sometimes dies after one hit from that panzer. All the tanks seemed balanced in one way or another.

6. When you run up against tanks, somehow there is a crate with infinite panzerfausts or bazookas nearby.

Overall, about realism, is that they tried to balance a lot of things in this game. They didn't want to turn off majority of the gamers.

I personally think it is going to be much better than Operation Flashpoint and even Operation Flashpoint 2.  It's nowhere near as big, of course, but it looks to be far, far more realistic.

Run while you still can! You have a few days before placebo and his hit squad come after you for spreading propaganda! He is watching for you...

green-gestapo-pix.jpg

tounge_o.gif

Brothers in Arms is going to rock. It is the first game I have ever bothered to pre-order....so it better be damn good or I will be pissed mad_o.gif. I got a nice little book/journal when I pre-ordered it though tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I personally think it is going to be much better than Operation Flashpoint and even Operation Flashpoint 2

Lol!...i have heard claims but have yet to see anygame beat even ofp1 in terms of realism or fun factor. WIth all the latest improvement in AI, graphics and scripts, its really frightening to see OFP1 reign supreme even after 4 years! crazy_o.gif I hope ofp1 wont turn out to be the windows of games. Whatever new game that comes outta the market, you can duplicate it into ofp1 and make it better either thru missions or addon ehancement.

The only limit is whether we have the people to make the mod or not, cos if they do, likes of Total Rome will be outta business once modders figure out a way to animate and make the spectacle of Rome even more real, paving the way for a clearly full battle simulator for and of all ages.

PS: You DO shoot when you run forward - its called either charge or suppressive fire, a standard tactic in real life infantry.

also remenber this is WW2 and allot of soldiers where fresh and didnt know how to use a gun, they told to aim at a german and squaze the trigger wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]PS: You DO shoot when you run forward - its called either charge or suppressive fire, a standard tactic in real life infantry.

The number of times they do it in a single mission would make you wonder if they had infinite ammo..oops...they do have infinite ammo.. tounge_o.gif Also, it seems running and shooting does jackshit to suppress. I have seen it plenty of times when a npc is running to cover firing at a enemy position and catch it in the dome piece because they wanted to shoot at the germans while I don't fire and just run (usually I have another team trying to suppress the enemy position when moving). To use suppressing fire in this game, you must continously fired at the german position for more than 30 secs or so (didn't time it but a lot it takes more than a min a lot of times depending on type of team used).

I hope an active modding community takes hold. It would be great to have British or other army units in the game.

Yar, I want to see the North Nova Scotia and 27th Sherbrooke Fusiliers fight the 12th SS.

Even cooler to be on the front to be one of Montgomery's "retainers" and help keep the Panzer divisions busy.

Just a lil bit of refresher infantry tactics when confronted with small arms ballistics:-

4 second rule:-

This is what it takes for a soldier to steady himself, aim and pull the trigger for a one shot kill. To counter this, the infantry soldier will have only 4 secs to either run or prone, anthing more than 4 secs and u are deadmeat.

Moving forward - 100m enemy range:-

Most infantry soldiers are taught to confront threats and not run from them. Once the first shot is heard, all will prone and look for cover within 4 secs and return fire. Within the 100m range, the commander will be able to determine if the threat is more or less than the ability of his team to fire, therefore he can plan either a smokeout organised retreat or a flanking manouvere.

Moving forward - 25m enemy range:-

This range sucks and u are deadmeat either way - retreat or move forward. Best policy is to put the weapon to auto and take your chances, dash forward with the suppressive consolidated fire, the enemies might be taking cover to protect themselves and there lies your chance to live or at least take some to hell with yer, rather than to run or find a cover cos in that range, many other weapons like grenades can be used to anhilate yer team wherever u are.

And in these aspects, i do find ofp1 pretty real and very frightening - damn AI!!....with scripts it makes it look even more scary at times.

I personally think it is going to be much better than Operation Flashpoint and even Operation Flashpoint 2.  

Cool. Got a link to download OFP2?

You cannot go full auto with a BAR or thompson and expect to hit something.

It's about time a game portrayed this! I can't hit a barn door with a fully automatic weapon in real life, unless the target is only thirty to ninety feet away. This is one of my main problems with Operation Flashpoint; there's no recoil to speak of. I can reliably hit targets in Saint Pierre's from the top of the hill by the castle while firing on fully automatic with the MP-5. That's wrong.

Anyway, I see no problem with suppressive fire while moving; suppresive fire isn't supposed to hit anything. What I clearly was condemning was shooting while moving and hitting things, which is what Call of Duty (and Halo, and Counterstrike) allows and Brothers In Arms and Operation Flashpoint don't.

I got BIA a couple days ago.It's fun, and probably the best shooter for a console, but that's it.They pretty much nailed the iron sights.Where the rear site is blurry, and the front post is in focus.And also when you walk, the sights move around like it should(But not to much).The campaign was a tad short for my liking(I guess I'm spoiled by mercenaries unlimited type game play, and Halo 2's ultra long missions), and in some missions, the fps drop way low when there's a lot of Germans, trees, grass, your soldiers, and a tank.

I give it a 7/10. smile_o.gif

Couldn't help notice this,

Quote[/b] ]and Halo

In Halo you are a spartan, a spartan is a cyborg of sorts with incredible strength and other goodies, so why shouldnt he be able to shoot while running? He could have an arm stabalizer of some sorts tounge_o.gif

No, a Thpartan ith a homosexual Greek tholdier (and a highly overrated soldier, at that).

I can't believe you're defending Halo's realism. You are joking, right?

No, a Thpartan ith a homosexual Greek tholdier (and a highly overrated soldier, at that).

I can't believe you're defending Halo's realism.  You are joking, right?

Halo is fiction so you can't really complain about what's possible or not IRL. Unreal Tournament is the same..

i think this game is better than cod.. and i love they way they made that trailer like movie trailers tounge_o.gif

going to be a good game

Quote[/b] ]No, a Thpartan ith a homosexual Greek tholdier (and a highly overrated soldier, at that).

I can't believe you're defending Halo's realism. You are joking, right?

Obviously you havn't played Halo. Master Chief's suit is called a 'spartan'. Dunno if he's homosexual tho, but a spartan in Halo is a cyborg dude with shields and other stuff. smile_o.gif

The hell? You drunk?

Does this game even have friendly fire? If not I doubt it's very realistic in other areas too.

How many of these can people buy? rock.gif

Probably as many as people who buy Sex in the city DVDs etc. IMO this game sux, another lame clone of MoH and CoD. Last MoH PA was was too much dissapointing mad_o.gif so I have no ilusions about this title. As long as developers won't change these Quakelike engines games like that would be all the same. I hope some day developers will try to base games on OFP style not Quake.

Does this game even have friendly fire? If not I doubt it's very realistic in other areas too.

Nope, if you aim at a friendly soldier and pull the fire button, you'll get an X, and you can't fire.

Nope, if you aim at a friendly soldier and pull the fire button, you'll get an X, and you can't fire.

damn, that's the lamest possible solution

The hell? You drunk?

Yeah mate, wtf was that little spiel tounge_o.gif?

I still have high hopes for this game. I think the added element of leading the squad will make this a lot different than other WW2 games. I have already payed $54 for it, so it better be good tounge_o.gif.

Also, the amount of soldiers you can command is anywhere from 1 soldier, to 2 fireteams, plus a tank or 2.Pending on the missions.

This game is great, havent put it down the past few days, the graphics and sounds are by far the best yet and the controlls are really user fiendly, the only "bad" points so far are the fact you can reload the m1 garand halfway through a mag, and the no friendly fire thing.

This game is great, havent put it down the past few days, the graphics and sounds are by far the best yet and the controlls are really user fiendly, the only "bad" points so far are the fact you can reload the m1 garand halfway through a mag, and the no friendly fire thing.

You can reload a M1 halfway through a clip (it isn't mag mad_o.gif ) in real life but it is really dangerous.