Sign in to follow this  
reedkiller

OFP photography replicas

Anyone want to have a go at trying to make replicas of real photos in OFP?

I remember screenshot of the Forbidden Peace Square photo (the guy standing in front of a tank) remade in OFP.

Would be great if people posted the OFP Screenshot AND the origional Photo.

(Please be discerning in matters of taste!!)

I wasn't sure if i should post this, I just thaught it might be intresting, especialy with so many animations about now.

Sorry if it is innapropiate.

I think it's a good idea, I also remember the Tiananmen Square pic and thought it was an interesting idea and pretty well implemented smile_o.gif Not sure if there would be enough of a response to make it a thread of its own rather than letting them be posted in the Opf combat photography thread but I'll leave this open for now to see what the response is like smile_o.gif

I like the idea. I've only seen one standing example, which was a recreation of the Saving Pvt. Ryan poster.

I'd not mind seeing a new topic for pictures devoted to a specific recreation. They would have to try and provide an example photo to compare the two to.

I remember seeing a couple of excellent ones in the past in the various OFP:CP threads...if I come across the ones I'm thinking of I'll post links...to inspire people wink_o.gif

Using the splendid Forsearch (thanks again Denoir wink_o.gif )

I managed to find the original replica pic......

Originally posted by "Mister 5"

TSquare.jpg

TSquare2.jpg

no idea who took this picture, but it's part of my "OFP gallery" i use as a screensaver (over 600 pics tounge_o.gif )

thanks!

bas_org.jpg

i also saw some about that AH-64 D movie , but i can't recall in wich page that was... happy searching! tounge_o.gif

Hmm would have made a great category for the combat photography competition, Harnu too late to add it in? I'll volunteer to judge this category as well if it helps? smile_o.gif

He was executed IIRC? He probably knew he would be. I agree, the epitomy of brave.

I still find that picture very touching. wat a brave person smile_o.gif

Suicide is not bravery its stupidity.

Suicide and standing up for something you believe to be wrong and protesting peaceably against insurmountable odds are two very different things.

He was executed IIRC?

his identity remains unknown. He didn't die on the spot, he wasn't run over (as some other people were, who copied his act in other political contexts), but in this Time article some Chinese official ominously suggests that he has been imprisoned at least.

He was executed IIRC?

his identity remains unknown. He didn't die on the spot, he wasn't run over (as some other people were, who copied his act in other political contexts), but in this Time article some Chinese official ominously suggests that he has been imprisoned at least.

..or that he was never identified and caught, fortunately for him.

no idea who took this picture, but it's part of my "OFP gallery" i use as a screensaver (over 600 pics  tounge_o.gif )  

thanks!

[im]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/15179/bas_org.jpg[/im]

i also saw some about that AH-64 D movie , but i can't recall in wich page that was... happy searching!  tounge_o.gif

That's one helluva nice replica! Wonder how he did it, managing choppers that exact isn't the easiest thing in the world of OFP.

Hmm would have made a great category for the combat photography competition, Harnu too late to add it in? I'll volunteer to judge this category as well if it helps? smile_o.gif

If it keep a steady base, then I'll be happy to add it next year. Although for now, a good replica might go a good distance in this years misc. department,

Any comments on mine?

Is Placebo going to enforce the baby seal clubbing rule yet? rock.gif

I like it. biggrin_o.gif Maybe making it Black and White will make it look even closer to the real thing.