Sign in to follow this  
newiy

Generic OPFOR BETA 1

Hi all,

This is the first public BETA of the Generic OPFOR Pack.

Please post all bugs you encounter here. Suggestions are also

welcome. This is my first addon, be nice  wink_o.gif.

This pack represents is some light OPFOR not tied to

any specific area of conflict.

Some roles they could fulfil:

Paramilitary Groups

Insurgents/Guerrillas

Very small 3rd world army

Private army

Partisans

Also included in this pack are some security

contractors.

Several good addons have been made for the East/West

side, but they lack a decent all-weather OPFOR to make

missions against. This pack will, hopefully, narrow

that gap and allow for more scenarios in OFP.

Units are available for East, West and Resistance

sides.

The following camo schemes are represented in this

pack:

ERDL/Leaf Pattern

Olive Drab

Tigerstripe

Tan

6 colour desert

Rhodesian

USMC Urban

Civilian

Screenshots:

rebels.th.jpg

guerrillas.th.jpg

contractors.th.jpg

Required Addons: JAM2

Mirrors from ofp.info:

MIRROR 1

MIRROR 2

The file is slightly larger than 5MB.

Mission:

Tacrod has made a quick mission with these units. You can find the user mission topic here

Bugs:

Several users have reported freezing. The users seem to be using NVIDIA 5700 FX Ultra cards. ShadowY has reported that including the S&E Marines pack appears to have fixed this freezing problem. To any user experiencing freezing, and is willing to be a 'guinea pig' please PM me.  crazy_o.gif

Just what the doctor's been ordering for the past.... *counts*

Excellent smile_o.gif

ALL I CAN SAY IS WOWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting a LOOOOOONG time for realistic looking security contractors (mercs). Those would make for great CIA units also. Awesome job!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I wonder about makiing arms the same colour like the rest of body. Does anyone tried to stretch hands part of the face.jpg? i Think that it would work. Just if you've got brown body, or camouflaged hands, the whole arm will work good. Anyway it wouldn't work with gloves, so switch white/black skin would do the trick.

Also i've noticed HUGE pockets in jean trousers.

That's what I did. Sometimes, you get weird effects because of it. Mapping it was not that fun, though. The brown is just default BIS stuff.

Very Nice Addon ! wow_o.gif

Hmm we have the Hyk Soldiers, BAS Choppers, Tonal Islands, and now this Opfor...

Hmm who need's VBS biggrin_o.gif

Of course we need missions Avon!

That's why I started on this pack in the first place.

I felt that people might not have been making missions as many missions as they could have because, well, there are lots of nice units but no one to shoot at, except for Russians and the US. There's only so many scenarios and stories one could make in a US vs. Russia conflict. Also, excellent recent addons lack an OPFOR to go against in a plausible scenario.

Well, that was my reason at least, back when I was still messing around with the mission editor and scripting stuff.

Unfortunately, I could not spend time on missions AND the addon at the same time (being only one person who also has RL to worry about, bah!).

So to all mission makers out there, I hope this addon has opened new doors to you. The class names should remain the same in the final, so now is a good time to start.

My OFP freezes..but I still did not find out what addon has a conflict with it rock.gif (big modfolder) wink_o.gif

I can get it to work in a almost clean OFP mod folder, so if anyone knows what addon causing it?....creator  rock.gif

*edit

Help would be nice newiy?, I dont want to shut down and re-start my computer a 100 times  crazy_o.gif

Odd... I have no idea what causes it. Anyhow, do you have Hardware T&L enabled? I have nearly every other addon on my old comp, and no such freezing occurs.

I'll check it out when I get back from vacation. Can you PM me your system specs in the meantime? Also, are you willing to help me test it to see if it freezes your game when I get around to fixing it?

EDIT: ShadowY, I have old versions with LOTS of bugs lying around. Are you willing to be a guinea pig? I will need your help if I am to narrow down the cause of this MAJOR bug. PM me if you are interested.

WOW! these guys are PERFECT. I played around with them a bit, and they are awesome...

the OD guys make for an awesome "generic army."

Then you have the civils which make awesome terrorists...

and add to that you also have desert opfor.

Excellent work!

I have a P4-3.2

nvidia FX 5700 ultra

1024MB etcetera.

I rip it open and see if I can find something in the config or something mad_o.gifwink_o.gif

nah i`m kinda busy to be a "guinea pig" but when I`m getting tired of it I`ll PM you later.

My OFP freezes..but I still did not find out what addon has a conflict with it rock.gif (big modfolder) wink_o.gif

I can get it to work in a almost clean OFP mod folder, so if anyone knows what addon causing it?....creator  rock.gif

*edit

Help would be nice newiy?, I dont want to shut down and re-start my computer a 100 times  crazy_o.gif

Same here. I'm NOT using HW T&L.

Quote[/b] ]

My OFP freezes

mine too,

icant work it out,

i bet its another ati problem D:

OFP + ati = bad

OFP

ati + nvidia = good

Maybe I should download from mirror 1 rock.gif

Nah it must be a addon or maybe a script  crazy_o.gif

Anyway its not a gfxcard problem, cant understand why it should be.

It works , but not in or with the addonfolder I need them in sad_o.gif

nice addon for tow GI,

overal looking nice biggrin_o.gif

thumbs up.

(YEY!!! MY OWN PRIVATE ARMY tounge_o.gif )

Just found the problem...IT NEEDS SUCHEY`s MARINES AND STUFF..dunno if it are only weapons,mags, TactEVENTS or something else.

*checks the readme*

*edit*

Anybody who has also problems with it, can you confirm if it is\was SUCHEYS STUFF?

I have 2 problems with it: 1 without sucheys stuff it freezes. 2 Also if I have stuff in my DATA folder(O.pbo etc. for Island and stuff it freezes(sucheys stuff no help then).

But when I clear my DATA folder I need sucheys stuff back into the mod folder else my OFP freeze crazy_o.gif

This addon is a problem for me, but how to fix it I dunno.

wow_o.gif

Great stuff newiy! I am glad to see you got the random-accessories down. Really adds to the randomness of these insurgents and guerillas.