Sign in to follow this  
BoweryBaker

two fictional country armies and an island

addon idea:  since all this reality is really saddening me out....

they each got their own army, air force, and navy, but they share a body of land.  One country goes with a grey color scheme going with a patriotic theme of government and the other has a camouflage green and camouflage desert color scheme to go with the practical nature of war.  That'd be dope.  We could use HYK's new release as the generic practical army because the american flag on there is kinda non existant or stankonia, but then we need a generic enemy addon.  Then they'll each need their own set of vehicles.  Or how's this, tonal vs. the rebels, that might work. Kinda like ace combat, and its the future as well.  I can probably do it with already existing addons...

I like the 'generic army' idea, but it wouldn't go very far without more ideas about the whole conflict. I mean, what's so special about grey and camo armies fighting for an island ? You see ? Something is missing that really kickstarts the whole thing. Something special about the island maybe ?

(Vulcano, Meterorites coming down or how about: every army is specialized for their side of the island. like: woodland for the jungle part, and grey for the rocky part. Maybe each army can't attack the other side because their camo wouldn't let them. But then - why don't they use the camo of the other side lol ?!)

Aaah just typing what came thru ma head, sorry biggrin_o.gif

What about the two armies claim the island as there own. But no diplomatic agreement has worked out so they've decided to invade the island. Unfortunately the two offensives coincided and now a bitter struggle is being fought. Raw Materials critical to the way of life for both armies can be found on the island. (e.g coal or oil).

Just an idea.

Or an invasion force of one army has invaded, and the island population has requested other army to give them a hand.

Sounds familiar this scenario...

(With differences...)

Greece and Turkey, only that both are sensible enough to use proper camo schemes *shrug*?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Greece and Turkey, only that both are sensible enough to use proper camo schemes *shrug*?

Now thats an idea...perfect scenerio for an island based on Cyprus!

how about west-germany vs east-germany??

in some sort of retro style?

with a iron curtain?

doesnt mean i want it back!

Civil war. Guys-with-white-ribbons-around-their-arms against guys-with-red-ribbons-around-their-arms. One side supports one political system and the other side another. Both get outside help.

Or is this too realistic?  rock.gif

But what's the point.

Ex-RoNiN the idea of Greece and Turkey would be cool fighting about Cyprus like RockofSL said will rock.

Both countries using Russian and US stuff mostly would be only a retexture of most things in orginal game + some new user made addons and we have a Mod wink_o.gif

Ex-RoNiN the idea of Greece and Turkey would be cool fighting about Cyprus like RockofSL said will rock.

Both countries using Russian and US stuff mostly would be only a retexture of most things in orginal game + some new user made addons and we have a Mod wink_o.gif

It's a great idea like ExtracTioN said: The only thing you need are some retex and a kickass island.

Anyone wants to cover this conflict, it's screaming to be covered tounge_o.gif

The good thing is, we are both using the same equipment, just the colours are different, making large engagements quite challenging when you're trying to tell friend or foe  wink_o.gif We both have M113s, BMPs, Hueys, Leo tanks...

Are you any good with textures wow_o.gif

EDIT: Got a story line already, not requiring new islands wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif How's this: to honour the new period of co-operation between Turkey and Greece, we both deploy peace keepers to Tonal together. Then two or three incidents cause mistrust between the two sides, and then the situation suddenly escalates and we have to be held apart by the French eventually (thus incorporating the excellent French mod as well!) biggrin_o.gif What do you say???

UUH UUH I KNOW!!!

TELETUBBIE INVASION!!!

NUKE THE SUKKAAAAZZ!!!!!

Already been nuked. How do you think they became teletubbies in the first place?

UUH UUH I KNOW!!!

TELETUBBIE INVASION!!!

NUKE THE SUKKAAAAZZ!!!!!

Already been nuked. How do you think they became teletubbies in the first place?

LMAO biggrin_o.gif

Maybe we can mimick the story from ace combat five.  Who owns it? What about killzone? What about just two governments based on two different ways of thinking? One who believes that the government has the power over the people and one thats the other way around. Then the resistance who wants to form their own government.

The good thing is, we are both using the same equipment, just the colours are different, making large engagements quite challenging when you're trying to tell friend or foe  wink_o.gif We both have M113s, BMPs, Hueys, Leo tanks...

EDIT: Got a story line already, not requiring new islands wow_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif How's this: to honour the new period of co-operation between Turkey and Greece, we both deploy peace keepers to Tonal together. Then two or three incidents cause mistrust between the two sides, and then the situation suddenly escalates and we have to be held apart by the French eventually (thus incorporating the excellent French mod as well!) biggrin_o.gif What do you say???

Lol you try to trick me with asking if I am good with textures biggrin_o.gif

I am now busy with other projects so I want to work on them but not now and it will be a maybe so no promise wink_o.gif

Also if I decide to do it we need more people cause it will be to big for me to make it alone wink_o.gif

EDIT: Got a story line already, not requiring new islands wow_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif How's this: to honour the new period of co-operation between Turkey and Greece, we both deploy peace keepers to Tonal together. Then two or three incidents cause mistrust between the two sides, and then the situation suddenly escalates and we have to be held apart by the French eventually (thus incorporating the excellent French mod as well!) biggrin_o.gif What do you say???

Lol you try to trick me with asking if I am good with textures biggrin_o.gif

I am now busy with other projects so I want to work on them but not now and it will be a maybe so no promise wink_o.gif

Also if I decide to do it we need more people cause it will be to big for me to make it alone wink_o.gif

Yeah, as soon as you have some free time, give me a shout smile_o.gif

Mind you, I'd say about 80% of the re-texturing work would be limited to taking existing units and replacing the country markings...and if we stick with my idea, then we don't really need airplanes as such, and we do have the island ready...ah well, if there wasn't such a thing called "Final Year Project", I would have started it already sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

dunno

female intuition maybe?

On topic: bowerbaker, the new generic opfor addon has been released. I noticed there are green army-looking guys and tan army-looking guys. You could make two countries, tans and greens, and make them fight over one of the hundreds of islands out there smile_o.gif

My old little story.

Quote[/b] ]Sarugao, alone in the centre of the Mediterranean sea, far away enough from Countries like France, Italy or Spain.

It used to be ruled by the Spaniards back in late seventeen century, but after the natives realised the distance that separate Sarugao from the rest of the world they decided that independence wouldn’t be too difficult to achieve.

Sarugao’s population got organized secretly against their colonizers, and in 1805, without any warning, they took over the small Spanish presence.

The distance between Spain and Sarugao, made it difficult for King Felipe de Borbón to send the necessary reinforcements fast enough to be able to defeat the rebel forces. By the time the Spanish Armada arrived to Sarugao, the rebels had reinforced their defences using their own improved army helped by the Royal Spanish weaponry left by the previous defeated Spanish forces.

The dangerous winter weather made it really difficult for the Armada, almost impossible for the Spanish navy to approach tactically to the coasts of Sarugao.

Tired and injured, the Spaniards were finally defeated by ground artillery and boarding men that fought to the end, man against man, metal against metal, finally the Spanish decided to surrender.

Only a ten percent of the Iberic forces survived the catastrophic attempt to retake Sarugao for the Spanish kingdom.

Spain was invaded by Napoleons army in 1808, so a retake of Sarugao was out of the question. Sarugao lived in prosperity and peace for the rest of the century.

On the middle of the nineteenth century, Sarugao became one of the wealthiest independent countries of the Mediterranean, the difficult reach from other countries to the archipelago, let Sarugao living in peace for a long time, making the culture and resources free from foreign exploitation. Rich in natural resources, the Sarugense economy could only get better and better.

By the beginning of the twentieth century, a family living in the north east of the Sarugao island of Carmona, discovered the remains of some kind of ship. The vessel was lying sideways along the beach, no human remains, no marks, nothing. The reminds of the sheep was on a petrify state, textured and coloured like coal, hard like steel, and dried, like if the vessel never touched water.

This became a mystery, and years later Germany offered to send a team of scientists to study the discovery.

No one came to any possible explainable conclusion, and while the Germans were in Sarugao, the first world war commenced.

Sarugao became friendly with Germany before the war started, and supplied food and materials to Kaiser Wilhelm II German armies.

This time it was easier to get to Sarugao. The mechanical engineering of the time made the journey by sea much faster and safer than the previous century; by the time Sarugao’s authorities realised that the French were about to strike, it was already too late. Sarugao collapse under French control.

The end of World War I came with France governing the archipelago, exporting Sarugao’s assets living it almost empty, almost without resources.

Then it came World War II, and the Germans still had interest in the mysterious discovery that took place at the beginning of the century.

Hitler had a obsession about the paranormal, and he didn’t wanted to miss the opportunity to find more about the vessel.

Spain had gone through a civil war no long before WWII started, and could not take part in this new conflict. Devastated by the vicious fighting between the participant sides of the Spanish war, Francisco Franco decided to stay away from fighting and just support Hitler and Mussolini in other ways.

During the Spanish war, the German presence was ample, using Spain as an experimental field for their new weapons and tactics, helping Franco to win the war against the Republicans.

Some German forces stayed in Spain afterwards, but Hitler decided to send them to Sarugao for a retake through the east coast of the Iberic peninsula instead than to help the rest of the nazis forces in France through the Pyrenees.

The German forces were far superior to the defending ones, and finally, the French were besieged by Hitler’s forces helped by a division of Franco’s army. Germany and Spain became the new rulers of Sarugao.

The island were plagued by scientists from Germany and Spain working on the mysterious vessel.

While studding the ship’s surrounding terrain, a German team of geologists leaded by the Spanish expert Jose Antonio Perez Masa, discovered that underneath Carmona’s soil was the biggest oil pocket ever found in Europe.

Sarugao became what it used to be, rich, but this time ruled by foreign leaders.

The Germans, expecting some kind of attack by the Allies in the archipelago, decided to build a stronger military presence in the islands and started recruiting natives and training them. Wrong move for Hitler, because after the Allies got half way through France after D Day, the natives knocked down all the German and Spanish presence in the islands and surroundings, becoming again independent and wealthy.

The fight only extended to eight days, and the damage to the country was minimal. A perfect victory.

Ricardo Fuentes was the man who took lead of Sarugao after the foreigners defeat. Supported by the respect and admiration of the population, Ricardo Fuentes became one of the most popular leaders of the twentieth century.

The 15 of December of 1963, Fuentes became ill at 75 years of age, and near death, from his bed he gave Sarugao a message, a wish for popular and fare elections after his death. He loved his country, and his country was non less.

Subsequent to his death, Sarugao started to organize their first governmental elections, fetching many different and promising candidates to the voters choice.

But General Alberto Sastre had different ideas of his own. In the 6 of April of 1964 General Sastre and his followers took over Sarugao, moving his army around the archipelago and destroying and killing any opposition. Sarugao’s civil war started.

In 1968 General Sastre won the war and became Sarugao’s new ruler.

The new dictator created a regime that within half a decade converted Sarugao in a concentration camp, no one lives, no one gets in.

By 1975, in isolation, different fighting groups from inside the country started to ambush and attack the dictators forces, whenever, wherever, and whoever.

A year later Sarugao was going through one of the most violent guerrilla wars ever seen in world history.

@CERO.