Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

USA Politics Thread - *No gun debate*

. From my understanding America is the jesus land and this can get him a lot of votes in that regard.

It's the revisionist redneck Jesus land where the Carpenter is alleged to have packed a AR-15, singlehandly sealed the border gainst illegals, yelled at people for not speaking English (aramaic accent of course), told the poor to shut the f*ck up and get it together and left the sick to die. Oh yeah -he HATES communism with a passion of the Christ and is pretty sure that Obama is the evil him twin incarnate.

Of course, the real Jesus would be turned away until he learned proper English.

Edited by froggyluv

He's really pushing the pro-life agenda that far? Disappointing.

He, like most doctors, swore by the Hippocratic Oath, which older versions of the oath were strictly against taking a life or euthanasia. While it might be hard for you to believe people can have values and/or principles, what you are saying is that you want Dr. Paul to dismiss his oath and be like all of the other politicians that flip-flop on all the issues in hope of getting elected/re-elected.

In addition, if you listened to Ron Paul's message, he believes the states should make this type of legislation, as to some states being more pro-life than others (Midwest/South v. California).

Of course, the real Jesus would be turned away until he learned proper English.

This might actually be true :rolleyes:

Yeah we should murder old people too!

As much as I dislike the whole issue, the government needs to stay the fuck away from that question. It's up to the mother to decide if she wants to keep the child, although personally I think it should be the mother and father.

(Please don't stereotype the south as extremely Pro-life. Some communities are, but definitely not all, or even most.)

I'm all for the Government stepping in, and in some cases mandating abortion.

My view is that the whole pro-life question is not a suitable subject for legislation as it imposes a religious dogma on people who may not agree with that particular idea.

Ireland until recently had strict anti contraception / abortion measures and it didn't work. Women simply travelled to the UK and stocked up on pills or booked into private abortion clinics.

If the US were ever to introduce such a thing you would see clinics springing up all along the Canadian and Mexican borders.

The founding fathers of the US specifically set up the country with a secular constitution to avoid this sort of thing.

As much as I dislike the whole issue, the government needs to stay the fuck away from that question. It's up to the mother to decide if she wants to keep the child, although personally I think it should be the mother and father.

(Please don't stereotype the south as extremely Pro-life. Some communities are, but definitely not all, or even most.)

Actually it's not stereotyping. The midwest and the south are still the bible belt of the US. Even here in Texas the Democrats are conservative.

I worked for a politician that was Hispanic, Democrat and a Catholic. That's not out of the norm for Democrats here in Texas.

As far as Ron Paul goes, he isn't forcing anyone not to have an abortion. He is a Libertarian. However, taking a life bothers any normal person. So I respect his views and don't envy the job he or his fellow doctors had to do.

Since when does the issue of abortion have to be religious? I'm an atheist and I completely oppose it. Is stealing a religious issue too?

Since when does the issue of abortion have to be religious? I'm an atheist and I completely oppose it. Is stealing a religious issue too?

Predominant religions in USA require you to be a pro-lifer. Otherwise, you're a sinner, don't get to go to heaven and burn in hell for eternity. I don't think anyone here was saying that abortion is primarily a religious issue. But there is a very strong pro-life position in those certain religions (for reasons mentioned) which account for a large demographic in voters.

He, like most doctors, swore by the Hippocratic Oath, which older versions of the oath were strictly against taking a life or euthanasia. While it might be hard for you to believe people can have values and/or principles, what you are saying is that you want Dr. Paul to dismiss his oath and be like all of the other politicians that flip-flop on all the issues in hope of getting elected/re-elected.

In addition, if you listened to Ron Paul's message, he believes the states should make this type of legislation, as to some states being more pro-life than others (Midwest/South v. California).

I'm not saying that he should change his views. I'm just disappointed that he's using the issue as a demagogy-type advertising tactic. The fact of the matter is that regardless of who gets elected, there isn't much of anything the president can do to overturn Roe v. Wade. Also, I know that Ron Paul ultimately takes a states' rights stance on this issue (which I support), but he didn't mention that in this video. He just talked about how sad it was to see a miniature baby tossed into a bucket, which makes people get all upset and want to go on a crusade. It's a cheap trick.

Edited by ST_Dux

@Hans - You don't have to tell me, I'm from Texas! But, like I said, not all southern communities are pro-life. It may be the bible belt (and I know, I've lived in Alabama, currently living in Tennessee, and have relatives scattered throughout the Carolinas like buckshot.) but you'd be surprised at how many churchgoers out here in the deep south are pro-choice.

I don't think anyone here was saying that abortion is primarily a religious issue.

False, scroll up a bit.;)

False, scroll up a bit.;)

It's a stereotype you are trying to further progress that anyone or any group that is against abortion is by default a Christian. Anyone that has a take a life is always bothered by this, unless you are a serial killer. There are many Libertarians that are against abortions because they feel it goes against their values of private property and individualism.

Abortion topics tend to bring out the worst in participants and althought it hasn't happened here, I won't be surprised if things turn for the worse. Please do not let that happen.

It's a stereotype you are trying to further progress

I'm sorry, what post are you reading?

Here's a Ron Paul ad that I like much more than the one previously linked:

B7RaYbToq7Q

Hi all

The US Republican party is run by bankers.

All that bankers bailout money is the only thing that could be paying for these expensive movie style film trailers.

Where else is the Republican party getting its money?

The rest of the US economy is stuck in the Bush depression but Republican candidates have hundreds of millions of dollars to spend on movie style trailers and endless TV advertising.

What will be the Price US tax payers have to pay if the bailout queens of the Republican party get more power?

How bad will it be this time if the Republican bailout queens regain power?

Kind regards walker

Edited by walker
Damn predictve text.

I f yopu want to know who will/or does really rule your country. Just look who gives the most money for campaign adds.

Hi all

All that bankers bailout money is the only thing that could be paying for these expensive movie style film trailers.

The rest of the US economy is stuck in the Bush depression but Republican candidates have hundreds of millions of dollars to spend on movie style trailers and endless TV advertising.

What will be the Price US tax payers have to pay if the bailout queens of the Republican party get more power?

Kind regards walker

It's not that big of a deal to create campaign ads that use After Effects; Democrats do it too, and you don't need any bailout money for it. Republican candidates get their money the same way that Democratic candidates get it: through private and corporate donations. By the way, most Democrats voted in favor of the bailouts.

Hi all

Kind regards walker

Ron Paul is an Austro-Libertarian.

Don't need to tell us who actually owns the country, we know, and better than those of you who don't live here, since, you know, we live here.

First time ever I guess. I hope for the whole world that he will get elected but I'm very doubtful. Current power structures will rig the voting during the election in case he wins, because Ron Paul is a thread to them.