Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

USA Politics Thread - *No gun debate*

The protestors are baiting the police to respond with force so they can play the victim on Youtube with carefully edited videos that don't show what they did leading up to the police response.

The cops kept ignoring them so they just did as they usually do. escalate from blocking cars to hitting cars to throwing bottles.... if that don't work, start breaking windows and setting fires.

Anarchist protesting 101 - Tons of websites dedicated to showing people how to do it.

Edited by jblackrupert

The protestors are baiting the police to respond with force so they can play the victim on Youtube with carefully edited videos that don't show what they did leading up to the police response.
How many more times are you going to post the same thing? I've seen you post this in the other closed thread before, and we are aware of that in places. Its clear you have this stance on it, anything else to add to it other than that?

We know you have this view on protesters, we know you highlight the baiting aspect, we know you think they are attention seeking, where can you go with it other than that? No ones under the assumption this trick isn't pulled, nor that the police are innocent to baiting either (a side you seem to not look at much).

If a police officer got the same "treatment" A: his ID is secure (could be a coke head at home, who knows right?) and B: it would be perfect "bait" to shutdown the entire thing, and ironicly probably by using much more force and military tactic treatment (at that point it would be interesting to see which side starts selective video editing and baiting first). Every tactic you highlight is used daily by media and security firms, no one is perfect. None of them are doing themselves any favours, and lets hope the focus can go back to the main points of it.

Edited by mrcash2009

The protest about banks and corporations have been over for weeks. It's now just waiting to see how much the police and public will tolerate before they say enough already.

Thats why they invite homeless people and kooks in so they can boost their numbers with plenty of canon fodder for the big battle they hope will come.

The cops kept ignoring them so they just did as they usually do. escalate from blocking cars to hitting cars to throwing bottles.... if that don't work, start breaking windows and setting fires.

Anarchist protesting 101 - Tons of websites dedicated to showing people how to do it.

Anarchist protesting? you mean civil disobedience. Nobody is destroying property.

FYI , the people who are throwing tear gas, shooting rubber bullets are the police. The men in the black uniforms

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

The protest about banks and corporations have been over for weeks. It's now just waiting to see how much the police and public will tolerate before they say enough already.

Thats why they invite homeless people and kooks in so they can boost their numbers with plenty of canon fodder for the big battle they hope will come.

big battle? have you been to the general assembly at occupy wall street? did they really say that?

also here are some good interviews of some protesters, one is a WWII vet

Edited by Fox '09

Hi all

This will help you understand jblackrupert et al

All is explained.

i9zkQcLi4Yo

Kind Regards walker

Thanks for that video :), although I would say "ringer" = "Gatekeeper" or on the payroll opposition or pretend team member :)

But I suspect he's just another wannabe show-off with a camera to get attention towards the anarchy :j:.

For me the truth of this one all lies squarely in the middle of both arguments. You are both half right. We know there are protesters that bait the police into responding and fake falling to the ground etc. and we know there are police that over react and use illegal methods of crowd control.

I still don't know what the protesters want? We know what they don't like but they have not proposed a workable alternative.

The guy in the video above said it: VAGUE

(No doubt blackjack will start calling them Vaguerants lol)

Edited by PELHAM

(No doubt blackjack will start calling them Vaguerants lol)
:rofl:

Too True

Kind Regards walker

I still don't know what the protesters want? We know what they don't like but they have not proposed a workable alternative.

I don't think it's too disingenuous to protest that the current system is broken, without knowing necessarily what to replace it with. If there were an actual set of demands, the most obvious outcome would be placing a political colour to it, thus removing it from 50% of the population as a viable alternative. The system is broke/corrupt, that's enough to protest about :)

Hi all

I thought the 1%ers and the politicians were claiming their wages because they know what to do?

If they cant do the job perhaps it is time to sack them and reclaim the money we paid them?

Kind Regards walker

Politicians from President to local Congressman should be payed at starting salary of $28,500-42,000/year.

That would ensure smaller government fer sure.

Hi all

In Reply to froggyluv

I would suggest minimum wage for all politicians. Ditto Banking CEOs and board members.

Then it will act as driver to ensure they have the whole countries interest at heart.

If they are really as good as they claim at their jobs then they will soon raise the standard of living for every one but going on their abilities over the last few decades I would not hold out much hope they appear singularly inept.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

I would suggest minimum wage for all politicians.

If politician has minimum wage, (s)he will be become corrupt more easily.

EDIT: I hope that AI will take control in future :)

Hi all

Yes and paying them lots of money has made them less corrupt hasn't it?

One has only to consider the case of Liam Fox.

I wonder how many former politicians end up working for companies that their work in government enable. Or how many end up on the after dinner lecture circuit where tickets sell for thousands and even tens of thousands and are bought on block by companies who were enabled by government legislation. Which those same companies then claim back on taxes.

Yes you as a tax payer pay for the expensive dinners for 1%ers and overpaid company executives or didn't you know that?

Politicians should not be alowed to profit from such corrupt practices.

Corruption by the 1%ers must be wiped out, time to jail some 1%ers, so the rest learn better.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Hi. I'm talking about _politicians_. I don't know what to do with 1%ers. But jail for corrupt politics is certainly best option. But if You lower their wages, more of them will risk it. Sure in ideal world they can't hide it and they will go to jail immediately. But that's not our world ;).

EDIT: That's why I hope that AI will take control someday :)

Edited by batto

Hi all

In reply to one_man_clan

Pay the politicians the minimum wage but allow them to take all the money of a company that attempts to bribe them inexchange for evidense in a court case that successfully prosecutes them, along with a 5% bonus from a compulsory nationalisation of the bribing companies assets.

Then the 1%ers will learn not to bribe politicians.

Clearly laws to prevent bribery and corruption of politicians and judges by the 1%ers is not working so the laws need to be beefed up.

Kind Regards walker

Then we can put them in prison more quickly.

It's a double win.

Politicians from President to local Congressman should be payed at starting salary of $28,500-42,000/year.

That would ensure smaller government fer sure.

not really, but It would give an incentive to make life for the middle class better if it was the medium income. It must be coupled with election reform though, otherwise they'll run to get more cash from donors.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Then we can put them in prison more quickly.

It's a double win.

how would you get the laws passed that would prohibit courts and law enforcement from being bought when everyone in congress is bought? it's a vicious circle..

Let's put the courts and the law enforcement in prison too.

Make a clean sweep of it.

I'm all for anarchy, I'm armed. I don't think the hippies that want anarchy understand that they're on the bottom rung.

Absolutely. There's room left in those prisons to cram a few hippies in too.

Stinky the place up a bit.

I'm all for anarchy, I'm armed. I don't think the hippies that want anarchy understand that they're on the bottom rung.

I went to a wilderness survival/animal tracking camp back in 2000, it was 80% backpacker/hippies and the rest were Army Rangers. Bullseye contest, the Alpha Ranger came in 2nd, longhair African Djembe player won it.

In the event of anarachy all will be armed so your advantage is nullified.

The peacenik hippies who think they don't need law and everyone will just hug won't be armed. Rangers are boy scouts, send SF and maybe it would count.

Professional protestors starting to be exposed.

NYC arrest records: Many Occupy Wall Street protesters live in luxury

http://news.yahoo.com/nyc-arrest-records-many-occupy-wall-street-protesters-045625415.html

Opulent homes of ‘the 99 percent’ [sLIDESHOW]

http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/02/opulent-homes-of-the-99-percent-slideshow/

Children of the one per cent out for a good time at Occupy Wall Street

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2047664/Occupy-Wall-Street-Children-1-good-time-protests.html

Here in Vancouver it's the same thing. The people who we see time and time again

leading the protests blocking the streets, ranting about the plight of the homeless

have been caught having Government subsidized housing while owning a condo

in upscale Vancouver neighbourhoods and even beachfront homes in Mexico.

David Sazuki who showed up at the Vancouver protest in Vancouver owns

2 multi-million dollar homes in Kitsilano and Point Grey a very upscale beachfront neightbourhood with homes that start at over a million minimum.

Whats the point of this post?

This: "While it would not be fair to conclude that the arrested protesters are fully representative of a movement that is not completely understood, this information forms the most complete snapshot yet of the demonstrations’ more militant participants." [From the Yahoo Article]

Same thing happened in the late 90's/early 2000's. Homeless "Advocates" were trumping the plight of Youth homelessness in Toronto for years demanding money to fund their efforts to "fight" it

but it became clear very soon that most of these "homeless kids" these poverty pimps were showing off for the media were just bored rich kids hanging out on the sidewalk to be "cool".

The violence you are seeing is the result of professional protestors and poverty pimps doing their thing to secure more money in their own pockets. Not the true 99%.

I live in the protest capital of Canada. I know them when I see them.

Edited by jblackrupert