Sign in to follow this  
chammy

A sound mod for OFP,anyone like to try?

I was wondering if anyone knew how I can submit a file to either BIS or if anyone has a sugestion what site I can put it on? If not then yall can try it from here, when you go there all you need to do is add to cart and its FREE,you might need to register,maybe,..here's the link:

http://www.vffsquad.com/hq.htm

This sound mod was made useing my own sound ideas from footage from myself from a weaponry range and news footage from the net.I was able to clean up the sounds using a wave editor.I wanted to make sure the sounds were raw but not blaring so I sorta made them loud enough to equal other weapon mod sounds you might use. They arent like your typical video game sounds, they are more like if you were actually firing the weapon but without the ringing noise and deafness. Another version I wil submit later is more of cleaner more defined sounds, a bit more clearer or more say PC gamish freindly.Feedbak is welcome.

Huh? Oh wow, well thanks.Is there a way I can move this topic?

This does not belong in AMD, it is fine where it is. I won't be trying it out until there a non register mirror.

RED

Indeed A&M:Complete is for projects at a stage where something is ready to be downloaded and used, whether alpha, beta or final tis irrelevant smile_o.gif

20 megs, its a complete replacement of the sounds in OFP?

If no it would be nice to know what sounds you have replaced.

I'm downloading now anyway.

Thanks.

@CERO.

Oh, sorry guys, yeah, in the read me text the list of weapons changed are there.basically all of them and the tank report sounds,some of the engine sounds like the M113, M1A1 and deisel sounds, also the foot steps but the footstep sounds are a bit un noticable,battle ambience but nothing with the Air craft, they sound just fine.I did use one sound from Ghost Recon,its the bullet impact cause I couldnt find a different one else where,shame on me.  I also changed the weapon sounds for the O.pbo file which is the addon for Resistance but because the O.pbo is so big I was going to find some way that peeps can just dl the  "GUNS" file and replace the existing one in an UnPBO'd fashion.I noticed that the handguns and the FAL sounds are just not real enough. I also changed the Resistance addons G36a, Steyr, M2A2, the Kozl.I will be posting those as well once I can get a place to do it at.Nothing else in these PBO's have been changed,nothign with the CONFIG bin just the sound files.

It is easy to register, you don't even need a real email addy, just make one up and enter a password and it lets you download. It is a pretty good addon, it adds some nice combat atmosphere, although the explosions could use some work.

Cool thanks bro, its really a sound replacemnt for OFP's standard sounds.  The explosions, I have alot of different ones I just havent been able to pick which ones to use, grenade sounds, thats pretty much what they sound like, depending where you're at, they are really like a huge back fire sound but I added the scrunch to them, I love the feel of the concusion when your 50 feet away behind a wall. Anyways,  it was really hard to duplicate the exact sound a tank shell but compare to a small thunder crack.But I was trying to get the best of both in the game. I know alot of people like that Hollywood type but not me.

Alright my fault. Sorry. sad_o.gif

You're forgiven, this time wink_o.gif

hey, Chammy, is that the one I tried a few months ago?

The one I'm running atm smile_o.gif

Thats a negative Blanco, this one, I'm always coming up with new ways to make a sound sample so i ended up updating with a few new improves on the rifles and explosions to get pro's and con's.Someone said I need to change the explsion types, which I might do but I'm going to make a couple sound.pbo's as mentioned above and then post them onto my clan website when they are absolutly finnished.lately I just ahvent had the time to finnish anyhting and the last one you have was more a beta to get feedback from others before I posted,but like I said, I hadnt the time to finnish. I have also changed the sounds for BAS Weaps,JAM sounds, TOS,SEBNam and USMC Assault Pack, I wont post them until I get the permision from those guys to post as new sounds files,not mod files. Just make sure you guys put the sound.pbo into your Res/DTA folder.Later all.

Sorry I can't download this again even though I got a corrupt pbo when unraring the file.

Ok I finally got it to work again and downloading hopefully without a corrupt pbo.

Yeah, it should work. Any feed back?

this is great.. biggrin_o.gif

i love the new sounds.. much more realistic.

too bad you couldnt change all engine and weaponsounds though, maybe someone can help you with that?

this is truly awsome biggrin_o.gif

only thing i noticed (dont know if it´s becouse of the sounds though) with many units firing at eachother (tested 4 on 4 squads) it lags as hell...

my favourite sound is probably the handgrenade sound..

reminds me of my day of throwing such nades..

just a simple and short "THUMP" smile_o.gif

brilliant smile_o.gif

Awesome fdbk buddy,my head's getting bigger,:p  j/k. Yeah, the sounds differ depending on where you're at, I couldnt really do both so I tried to differenciate them to where they fall in between both types, in forests the reverb goes along time. As far as engine sounds, I couldnt find very many samples on the net and I have no money to get a cd so I had to find what i could on the net and just mix stuff togther,I did change the engine sounds for the M113,M1A1 and BMP, most of the sounds were all canibalized into the exact sound that I could. I might change the larger explosion sounds caused by the Sabot and HEAT shells.I didnt change most of the engine sounds cause I thought they were pretty close to real thing so I left most of them be.

All the weapon sounds arent changed?I thought I did, oh, unless you are playing on 1.46, when playing with that OFP will use the sound file from your Cold War dta folder and not the one from Resistance. You can 1. just use the same file I gave you and overwrite the ones in the Cold War or just request one made by me and I can send it to you.They basically work the same.I also have the Resistance Addons changed.

Yes the lag might be caused by your sound card.Depending on the sound card your sound card might not be able to handle 16 bit,or it might not be configured correctly.I can have as many as 4 squads firing at each other.I also noticed that in either sound file be it the standard BIS sounds and modified sounds like mine and Satchels and the FinMod ,ECP etc. that they also tend to lag out a bit,if there are alot of objects present and moving objects that this can cause lots of lag.I made sure that the bit rate in the sounds were normal and files were small as I can get them.Though the sample rate might be a bit high on my sounds to get the crispiness or it could be you might need to change some settings.Let me know your settings and such and i can help you.

well, the lag was just my comp it turned out, didnt lag at a later time (with much more units) ;)

all weapon sounds are indeed changed, but i still find the Carl gustaf launcher sound a bit wrong (it doesnt fire a god damn rocket, it´s more like a cannon sound, see it as a 84mm shoulder held AT cannon)

would be glad if someone could help you change the engine sounds though, i would really like you to make a total sound replacement (considering the quality of this little tweak)

and i could swear the M60 tank engine sound is changed...

anyway, this actually made me use the bis stuff again biggrin_o.gif

someone have a working download link sad_o.gif the one posted is not working for me....

smile_o.gif I'll change right away.Thanks for fdbk, yeah, the launcher is a bit sounding like a 40mm,not sure how I got that mixed up with it,hmmm, thats weird. Yeah, the thing with the engine sound is I didnt think they all needed to be changed,plus since alot of them arent directly linked to the right model is was hard to pin point which sound is used for what vehicle but if you want I can make it a seperate one and send it to ya. tounge_o.gif

Sniper, yeah, try either to click on both links posted or copy paste from the one above,OR you might need to adjust your firewall or security settings.

you think you could make some "environmental" and "combat" sounds while you´re at it?

some city combat sound would be cool, and som distant arty/cannon sounds smile_o.gif

hell, even a fireingrange sound would be nice.. to use as a trigger or something smile_o.gif