Sign in to follow this  
hellfish6

Bushfires Mod

little question;

Can you actually make it mine-proof??

I know that the commander of some tanks (like the M2 bradley) surfive the destruction of their vehicle. I'm sure why, but perhaps you can make sure that all inside this MPV surfive the blast of a mine.

(but that would mean they also surfive the blast of a missile ect.)

little question;

I know that the commander of some tanks (like the M2 bradley) surfive the destruction of their vehicle. I'm sure why, but perhaps you can make sure that all inside this MPV surfive the blast of a mine.

I haven't thought of it actually. It is something we have to look at in the furure smile_o.gif

I haven't thought of it actually. It is something we have to look at in the furure  smile_o.gif

crazy_o.gif It's a MINE-PROOF VEHICLE for crying out loud!

wink_o.gif

I haven't thought of it actually. It is something we have to look at in the furure smile_o.gif

crazy_o.gif It's a MINE-PROOF VEHICLE for crying out loud!

wink_o.gif

Well, Vibes made the Buffel. I am making the Olifant, G5 and modern infantry. So you should ask Vibes wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]so are you simulating child soldiers, refugee camps, massacres and all that stuff wich belongs to the numerous horrible african wars, too?

No.

Quote[/b] ]I don't know but somehow I have problems with this mod. Perhaps because most mods avaible for ofp are covering although they feature authtentic units, only fictive scnearios(except WWII things). Scenarios who are simulating military actions but certainly no war. War is hell, it's not only the military vehicles and gear it's so much more death, generations of people being changed fundamentally, a lot of destruction... to sum it up the most violent form of human interaction. If you try to cover african wars like for instance the biafra war and only reproduce military tactics and gear your are delievering a fatally wrong picture of what took place there, than it's really a glorification of war. Some of my relatives were in the Biafra war I heard a lot about what happened there, and it was more like people running against each other and killing without any sign of human character than a military operation. If you attempt to convert this war to an OFP campaign you are producing a perveted superficial imitation of this tragedy.

You've got a point. But the way I see it, we're placing you in the circumstances of a real conflict and what actions you take are largely up to you. If you want to shoot civillians, go ahead. You can do that. If you want to drop Frantan (ersatz napalm) on a village, go ahead. You can do that. This is no different from any other OFP mission - if there are civillians, you can shoot them. You can stick the barrel of a T-80 or M-1A1 into a civillian house and fire.

What we plan to do is say "The year is 1987 and you're a member of the 61st Mech Battalion Group. You are embarking on Operation Modular and your objective today is to secure this town." How you secure that town is up to you. Will there be civillians in the town? Yes. Will there be enemy forces in the town? Yes. Will the enemy mingle with and sometimes look like civillians? Yes. Will we stop you from shelling the town with artillery? No. Will we stop you from driving your Ratel through the middle of town, shooting everything you see? No. What actions you take are up to you and your concience.The only real thing I see that's different here is the circumstances of the mission. It's in Africa. It's loosely based on what really happened, in a time and place that really existed. The I44 team is recreating Operation Market Garden. Would you ask the same questions of them?

We thought about doing ficticious scenarios, but the team was against that for the moment. We're more interested in doing a historical themed mod right now. We've got modern units on the backburner - Rooikat armored cars, Rooivalk helicopters, etc., and we'll get to them eventually.

Our intent is to introduce you, the player, not only to a corner of the world you may not know something about, but also tell you some of the history of it. In our Angolan campaign, we'll provide you a background of how the Angolan civil war started, who the major players were and why is was important. If you chose to read/watch the cutscene, fine - you'll learn something. But I suspect the vast majority will skip it and start fighting. That's fine by us. We're not going to preach to you - all sides of every conflict to horrible things.

Think of this mod as more of an introduction to modern African history. If you finish the campaigns, we'll give you college credit.  wink_o.gif

In short, we're trying to make this entertaining but also a bit educational.

little question;

We can, but not against the default OFP mines. Those things can kill a T-80, forget about a Buffel. We may make our own mine pack with AT mines specifically balanced to our units.

little question;

We can, but not against the default OFP mines. Those things can kill a T-80, forget about a Buffel. We may make our own mine pack with AT mines specifically balanced to our units.

Expect something like the COC mine pack wink_o.gif

The mod looks very promising smile_o.gif , i am very much in high anticipation. That other project you inherited from bardamu is very good looking too.

Btw i dont know if anyone here has said this but your website loads very slow , and the site looks like it could use a bit of touch up , if you need help tell me i could help a bit.

Quote[/b] ]Btw i dont know if anyone here has said this but your website loads very slow

Yeah we know, the site has been very slow recently, dunno why, most likely server problems.

Quote[/b] ]and the site looks like it could use a bit of touch up , if you need help tell me i could help a bit

Thats nice rock.giftounge_o.gif

We also know it needs improving which it will be, if you could could make it look better then please contact hellfish for we know nothing about web design, Ironsight was learning but he's very busy so he can't do it all.

smile_o.gif

sim

I made that home page in about 5 minutes. I'd love any help with it. smile_o.gif

Hellfish,

Your mod sounds very promising. But i might recommend you get in contact with Maddog McEwan the founder and CO of the 666th Black Brigade, he was in South Africa and served during the Angolan war as a member of 51 Recce. He has a wealth of first hand information and has several contacts with other South Africans who would be very interested in this modification.

You can reach him at this url http://www.666th.com his contact info should be somewhere on the site, if you cant reach him you can always post in their forum.

BTW, tell him Eagle sent you smile_o.gif

Way ahead of you - I've been talking to him for over a month now. Check out who is registered at our forums. wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Ok i am on it now , i wont promise anything great but it will definitely be an improvement on the present one and the reason why the site loads slow is probably because you guys got a god damn PNG pic on the front page crazy_o.gif , PNG are heavy duty put up a JPG in its place less size so loads fast.

Hellfish,

I tried registering on your site the other week, but Kuwaiti telecomms were having a bad day. Must try again v. soon...

Most of my Rhodesian-era reference stuff is safely back in my bookshelves in the UK, but if it's of any use I'll have the odd chat or 12 with one of my 4 "drivers" here - Nico - who left SAAF 10 years ago. He's come here for a quiet life, having been very busy in the intervening years; as we're both here sans wife/ kidlets we have plenty of time to natter. I think most of his photos are at home, though...

Hi, "i've made" really few things for the OFP, like the wip_45 (aka wip_m1911) thanx to King Hommer that allowed me to take his model & textures, a few USMC stickers for use 'em in SP/MP Missions... a few textures for the PSC Buggys... & now im really bussy with the textures of a "Ultimate M4A1 Pack" (that if finnally ends well, we could no need more M4's unless someone like to model his own). I have too a unfinnished G36K pack (based on the INQ Replacement G36A) that needs of a sounds maker that modify the SD SS sound to make it a SD BF sound. If any of the addons that "i've made" can serve to this mod, take it, i'll don't like that the name changes... because that will restrict the compativility with the existing versions. But well, at your own.

I'll like to see that some of the units of this mod will use CETME's C & CETME L, also CL, CV, LC & LV. Spain have sell most of 'em to our old colonys, not only in South Amerika, most of 'em in Afrika. We sold too many handguns that we retired from the security forces: Llamma M82, Llama Omni, Star Super B, Star BM, Star FireStar, Star 30M & irons EVEN, more older than that; Astra 600, Astra 900, Astra .38spc revolvers & some of the remainig Mauser K98 scoped & MG's 42 that HAD to be retired.

Maybe less ppl had died in Afrika if we hasn't "profesionalized" our "armed" forces, but we ever can trust in the UK, the yankees & the common wealth + the old east block to sell toys wherever "they'r needed...".

Anyway... Afrika it's plaged of old spanish weapons and field equipment, i'll like to see a good addon like a CETME C or CETME L or LC, i miss my one. Let's cu.

Quote[/b] ]If you want to shoot civillians, go ahead. You can do that. If you want to drop Frantan (ersatz napalm) on a village, go ahead. You can do that.

SWEET! That sounds like fun!

biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: Good looking vehicles btw, looking forward to this. smile_o.gif

I like Hellfish's view on the political aspects of making the mod, what you do should be up to yourself, the mod should only provide the environment.

African wars, while being very interesting, are a relatively ignored subject and I wish you all the luck in making this mod.

Great stuff, this really looks promising. I agree, there could ( and should ) be more mods situated in other areas, not only europe or afghanistan etc... cannot wait to play it smile_o.gif

Think I still have a few pics of "Mad Mike" and the lads,

When you get around to Biafra, Just remember that the fellows in outlandish piratical uniforms were the "REGULAR" forces, not the Mercs.

Ok guys after 30 grueling hours of back breaking , axe swinging , knee crushing work .....  tounge_o.gif  ... i have finally managed to get the whole of BUSH FiRE MOD website re-made and good to go.

Hope you all like it if not go to hell  tounge_o.gif

Heres a screenshot of the front page:

BUSH FiRE Webpage

Also did a bit of styling for the Screenshots:

Muffel PIC

You'll be able to view the whole website when Hellfish uploads it on the server , i am sending it to him now.

You've totally outdone yourself. Thank you! biggrin_o.gif

Now if only I can remember how to update the website... crap.

crazy_o.gif

I'll send you the template newsbars and other stuff you'll need i had that in mind while making the webpages so no worries.I'll send the stuff later to you , it just took me 10 mins to upload 1.18 MB of the webpages to theemail server and now its on its way to you. Tell me if you got it or not?

Hats off to you guys. This mod looks like it'll kick MAJOR ass!!! I've been waiting SOOO long for a good African mod that has many of the South African units and vehicles....especially the vehicles which are very very unique and interesting. Plus the wars themselves were very interesting.

I hope we'll be seeing some Cuban Mig-21's, Mig-23's, and advisors. smile_o.gif

That and some Cuban/Angolan Mi-24 Hinds and Mi-8/17 HIP helicopters. smile_o.gif

But the Buffel is definitely one of the most interesting vehicles in the South African military. Any chance it'll get at least one MG position on it?

I hope so.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>