Sign in to follow this  
ThudBlunderQ8

Laser's latest over on Flashpoint.ru

Just what I wanted - the perfect adversaries for the Taliban in Afghanistan missions! wow_o.gif They're WAY better than the previous version and I especially like the new snipers - really frightening if you know they're lurking around the Tora Bora... ghostface.gifbiggrin_o.gif

ps: Where can I find the .tga sample for custom armpatch? It's mentioned in the readme but it's not in the rar. rock.gif

What I meant was none of the units in the editor use the weapons mentioned, so go to the readme if you want to see them, cause you'll need the codes.

This pack is kick-ass! It looks superb! Absolutley gorgeous.

I just made a mission with them, HYK inf, CBT m113/hmmwv, some terrorists and BAS helis and I'm going to test it later. (It's coop).

This is really great!

@Norris:

Aw, crap... i guess i packed the stuff in a bit of a hurry, grab the TGA here:

http://lazarus.hotmail.ru/squadpatch.TGA

@All:

Missions! All the guys who have contacted me, you are hereby encouraged to put out your work at the LSR ADDONS topic! smile_o.gif

*cue the supervillian laugh*  Now for a refresher course for you mission makers to get the mission objectives right.

Rangers; a light mobile force capable of deploying on a moments notice.  

The Regiment specializes in direct action or raids (raid: An attack or invasion for

the purpose of making arrests, seizing property, or plundering; as, a raid of

the police upon a gambling house; a raid of contractors on the public treasury.)

on enemy airfields, bridges, and other key facilities.  Basically surprise attack, go in there, and snatch it up fast type of soldier. To take without destroying unless the rules of engagement call for it.  Requires very vigorous training for stamina in such an operation also very little collateral damage.  Therefore they're special operators.    

Special Forces units perform five doctrinal missions:

Foreign Internal Defense,

Unconventional Warfare,

Special Reconnaissance,

Direct Action (raids)

and Counter-Terrorism.

ok found something:

your MP5A4 is normally a MP5A5 (because of the retractable buttstock)

it should look like this HMPP_MP5A4.jpg

also the 7th bullet is missing on the 3 round burst triggergroup at fullauto mode

well u can see what i mean on that terrible pic biggrin_o.gif

crap.JPG

I am VERY impressed by these units, they are a huge improvement over the BAS Rangers in every aspect. Nice to use with the new CBT Humvees. smile_o.gif

Hurrah! At last an M14 SOPMOD to play with, and it's a beauty!

Cheers Laser - yer a star!

Very impressive!!!!

But i noticed something (do not know if bug or engine limitation) - Des Ranger Covert at night.

lsr.jpg

after downloading these, i've played with the rangers a bit in the editor.

Some good things, some new gear, but overall i'd have to disagree that they're better than BAS ones. without entering in the details, some textures are good, but some are a little bit "too much".

well overall textures are still ok.

Now when it comes to the models, they suffer quite some normal and bad face problems.

~lsr_normals1.jpg

Do you like luminescent camo ;)

Now this is fixable, but in the meantime it renders them completely useless if you like some good ambiances with nice dawn or dusk lights in your missions. It quit kills the atmosphere.

I am not trying to take Laser's work down but hoping that it shows him what he's got to work on more.

@Laser: if you have problems fixing this you still can PM me.

you know i noticed, like the USMC pack, these units have their watch (turned upside down) on thier wrists, and i was wondering, since the soldier is technicly a subdirivitive of the "vehicle" class, would it be possible to name and define the watch on thier wrist to actualy tell the correct time rather then just a watch face texturing always saying "10:10" ? rock.gif i would assume someone is gonna hit up this topic with a "game engine limitation" reply, but i dont recall any record of anyone actualy trying. so just wondering if Lazer, if your not to busy to give it a shot? if nothing else just to report back "it is possible"

would be interesting to be in a fire fight, you glace at your watch real quick and realize you got 10 minutes til (trigger) is activated or if nothing else save us form pressing the letter T on teh keyboard to find the time tounge_o.gif and would be a nice realizsum factor smile_o.gif

Okay mission makers, the definitive ranger mission would have to be a raid. Most likely of a war criminals last known position, or a suspected locale of someone who committed a terrorist act against someone at an Army checkpoint such as a car bomb, or some terrorist mastermind to be apprehended. I've known about Rangers raiding for to apprehend weapons as well. Rangers basically apprehend stuff. Carry on.

Okay mission makers, the definitive ranger mission would have to be a raid.  Most likely of a war criminals last known position, or a suspected locale of someone who committed a terrorist act against someone at an Army checkpoint such as a car bomb, or some terrorist mastermind to be apprehended.  I've known about Rangers raiding for to apprehend weapons as well.  Rangers basically apprehend stuff.  Carry on.

I've been working on TONS of missions utilizing Laser's units, but I always stop work on them because I SUCK at scripting missions. Right now I am working on tons of missions on Tonal. One mission I finished last night on Tonal is a typical Pathfinder mission, going in ahead of the main assault forces and scoping out LZ's for the main forces, securing the LZ and bringing in the reinforcements. Then the campaign carries on. Other missions I have are deep recon missions, airborne, and heliborne assaults, airfield takedowns, etc etc. Just a lot of typical missions. A lot of this is the realization of a campaign Hellfish and I put together using our knowledge of military TO&E, missions, etc. Some of my missions are LONG and BORING, just like in real life some missions are LONG and BORING! My main problem with releasing these missions is that again I SUCK at scripting missions. Everything is very basic, waypoints, and ENEMY not present=mission complete, etc.

I also write out my 5(six really now) PARAGRAPH ORDER. All you current and priors know what that is biggrin_o.gif

(O)

S

M

E

A

C

So far my missions include the CBT HUMVEES, BAS KLR250's, MH-47E's, U/MH-60's, LASER's Rangers and Deltas, Modern Inf, and I forgot what else. That is another problem with my missions, they rely on too many addons, which is another reason for me not releasing. Well, I hope to post screen shots of my missions soon!!!

@AOCBravo2004: What do the letters of the five paragraph order stand for?

Edit:  And who uses that method for military briefings in real life?  I was going to have it like:

OPERATION SNAKEHEAD-

Report to location Hh## in combat zone H.  Proceed with search and sieze of war criminal NAMEGOESHERE pictured above.  Upon completion rendezvous point is location HD##.  Emergency rendezvous point to be established by evac team.  Dual Cobra Air support available.    

Thats all depending on what the target area looks like.  If its a neighborhood of civillians or something I'll use the cobras for air support and not bombs like some moron generals would.  The insertion I have to figure out as well, so its fun to learn but you gotta kinda play like you don't know what to expect and at times leave room for some failure.  If intel knows there's soldiers down there parading around then they're not going to land the chopper in the grass, if landing conditions say the chopper can't get low to the ground they'll use ropes, if anti air is so bad choppers can't come in they'll march, if there are hostages, they'll march as well but with silencers.  Friendly or non friendly government has alot to do with things as well.  Black ops are considerably more difficult, require way more stealth.  Now I got to think up whether or not the country is friendly or not, who the guy is a threat to.  I think i'm going to go along with stabilization, i want people to question this topic.  Therefore, I'm going to have a destabilization situation fictional in nature.  After that I might say the guy responsible for the destabilization needs to be taken out.  Maybe he's caught the attention of the U.S. for doing stuff to them too.  My friend Aviel said maybe the guy has established a dirty bomb and needs captured, or is perhaps attempting to get one.  Maybe things could be like, noone knows what he looks like.  Maybe he attacked an army installation.

Story is perhaps most non-important.  You can always just do the action and fit the story around it.  Perhaps its better that way, less thinking.  So now i scope out an island, and begin the mission start to end.

Cmon ya'll need to talk to the mission editor, I'm doing this for ya'll.  I'm the dj, you need to make some requests. Should I make a thread in mission editing for that?>

Blimey, that takes me back to officer training in 1972!

It stands for:

Orders:

Situation:

Mission (or Aim - usually said twice for emphasis):

Execution:

Any Questions?:

Check of Understanding:

Laser,

I must congraluate you on this pack. Do the same for the delta pack and I will worship you.

I am glad that you improved the camo patterns quite well (Laser's weren't quite right..) combined with clean, crisp textures these are very nice. IMO they are much better than the BAS ones, these ones have much crisper and nicer textures. Yeah, of course this one has nitpicks such as face lighting, but I mean overall they are the kind of thing that just makes you go "wow" in appearance.

I am looking forward to your ranger update. I might have a go at that desert m4 texture, I'll report if I can get it to be good.