Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Californian forum members, are you all shook up?

i think i felt an earthquake once...

on my holliday to opatija (take a close look at the right island wink_o.gif ) i was in my hotel on the 5th floor, and all of a sudden i felt this soft feeling of going up and down... quite relaxing untill i understood what it might ment, jumped out of bed, scared by mother half to death, and asked if she felt anything... nothing?!

My sister once also felt an earthquake my mom didn't feel... history repeated itself? rock.gif

on my holliday to opatija (take a close look at the right island  wink_o.gif ) i was in my hotel on the 5th floor, and all of a sudden i felt this soft feeling of going up and down... quite relaxing untill i understood what it might ment, jumped out of bed, scared by mother half to death, and asked if she felt anything...  nothing?!

My sister once also felt an earthquake my mom didn't feel...  history repeated itself?  rock.gif

I know the feeling, no it is not an earthquake.

It is almost like you are a bit dizzy moving up and down. It has something to do with height.

I waiting for the big one where LA gets seperated from the rest of the state tounge_o.gif What's that film where that has happened and they make LA into a big prison?

Is 5.9 pretty big? Like could it bring down powerlines? Or is it just a low plane like rumble?

7-8 can bring down buildings and bridges , so 5.9 is serious enough to weaken old buildings and inferior architecture.

I know the feeling, no it is not an earthquake.

It is almost like you are a bit dizzy moving up and down.  It has something to do with height.

tell more...

moving up and down thing is correct, strange stuff biggrin_o.gif

was is that movie where the presidents daughter is with a criminal? dunno the name... rock.gif

7-8 can bring down buildings and bridges , so 5.9 is serious enough to weaken old buildings and inferior architecture.

Sounds promising:

img_0778.jpgstewie.jpg

Although I am less than 200 miles from the epicenter of this quake, I did not feel a thing while sitting in a staff meeting this morning. I did not even know it had happened until I looked at CNN.com and saw the news! As a side note, I also missed the great quake of '89 (?) when it stopped the World Series. I was driving home (home being 80 mile east of SF) in the Sierra foothills when that quake struck and was unaware of that quake until I got home and turned on the tube hoping to watch the World Series. Last tremor that I felt was when I was a little guy and my tinker toy spaceship toppled over without cause but that was back in the early to mid seventies.

Wadmann

i didnt know there was a earthquake here until i read this biggrin_o.gif

5.9 with the epicenter in an area with not many inhabitants is nothing. California and earthquakes makes a good news which is the only reason it was even mentioned.

what earthquake?

i know i got up at 1:00 PM to day and my moms like you feel the earthquake crazy_o.gif no

Moms are personalized earthquakes, they don´t feel such anymore. Ask Avon when she has got up from under the table biggrin_o.gif

@Hot shot- That was Escape from LA with Kert Russel and those frecks from Bevelys Hills.

@Balschoiw- I've been meaning to ask. I prussume that you in most of the photo in your sig. Where were you at the time rock.gif

Africa. And yes, made of actual photos. It´s been a while though...little badges are troop specifications, medals and extra qualifications. So to say my complete summary  wink_o.gif

Edit: Oh and the background pic is from an ambush we experienced. The black smoke is the rest of two technicals that got toasted with Panzerfaust 3 and 20mm Wiesel cannons while we were going to Jalalassi.

Thanks bals. Was kinda thinking Africa. Germany dosnt have deserts wink_o.gif

I´m feeling quite comfortable in Africa though. My first mission was in africa and I hope my last will be there also.

Jungle or arctic scenarios are just not my thing smile_o.gif

LOL...5.9 is pretty damned big....I remember in 1994, I lived in Los Angles, part of the LA district called Bellflower, just a small little urban town, but ya anyways...on that January morning right before Martin Luthers birthday we had a magnitude 6.7 earthquake that scared the living shit out of my small little kid self. I remember, it was still dark outside, my room started rattling like mad, you could actually here rumbling, stuff started falling around the kitchen and living room, my book case next to my bed feel onto my bed just short of my feet sending books all over the place and scarying me even more, my closet doors rattling...it was crazy...and it like lasted forever...I still remember the exact details...it was scary!!

Oh ya the name of that 1994 quake was the Northridge Quake..

~Bmg

Is it true that during an earthquake all the drunks walk in a straight line?