Sign in to follow this  
Blake

T-72: Balkans on Fire

well they both have tanks tounge_o.gif. Seriously the tank models dont look all that good, fairly low poly polygon and textures arnt to great. compare kenjis t-62 with there t-55 not the same tank but you will see there is huge gap in the detail of models sad_o.gif for a game thats meant to simulate tanks they arnt great. Though alot of the features do look very nice such as the tanks being able to dig in hopefully the gameplay will surpass the graphics

It looks and sounds really interesting, but I think I'll wait for the demo before ordering it. You never know especially with unknown devs, the game might be a huge RAM hog/generally run like crap and look like crap.

The game doesn't look so impressive from the movies that it could justify the "recommended" system specs (Still, I have almost exactly those, only more RAM, so it should work fine tounge_o.gif ).

Looks bad, maybe it plays better than it looks but so far im far from impressed, also those landscapes look so empty and dead sad_o.gif .

edit: It looks like those alpha/early flashpoint shots when the engine was still in development..

Nice list of features but one can't compare this with OFP.

Why WOULD you?

OFP - Infantry combat simulator with very arcadish vehicles

T-72 BOF - Tank combat simulator.

Apples and oranges. OFP is for when you want to play a grunt, this game will be for when you want to play a tanker. Unless this thing is a huge screwup, I think we can safely assume comparing OFP's tank behaviour to what we can expect from a dedicated tank sim would be like comparing Crimson Skies to IL-2.

Nice list of features but one can't compare this with OFP.

Why WOULD you?

OFP - Infantry combat simulator with very arcadish vehicles

T-72 BOF - Tank combat simulator.

Apples and oranges. OFP is for when you want to play a grunt, this game will be for when you want to play a tanker. Unless this thing is a huge screwup, I think we can safely assume comparing OFP's tank behaviour to what we can expect from a dedicated tank sim would be like comparing Crimson Skies to IL-2.

One can't compare between the two because the 2 simulators are completely different, OFP isn't specialized in a precise field contrary to T-72 which's its purpose's to make discover the T-72 a bit more...

Both of Engines seem totally different too, but they are based on the same thing though , The realism smile_o.gif

does this game have an english version? The demo is russian. rock.gif

does this game have an english version? The demo is russian.  rock.gif

You can easily find that out by reading this thread and checking the links.

Was just about to post that. I downloaded it, but won't have time to play it till tonite. confused_o.gif

Downloading, i hope i wont be wasting my time here smile_o.gif .

edit: time wasted, its terrible crazy_o.gif .

It crashes during graphics initialization. any tips? I got x800xt

Hmm, is this game really heavy or is something wrong? Im running it on a 1.8GHz duron/1024MB/9600XT. help.gif

2.4 gig/1gig ram/6600GT, the demo runs really bad for no aparent reason, the water looks bad and weird, the sky is very low res. and the landscapes are empty, half a dozen trees and grass rendered only on a 50M diameter, the gameplay seemed ok but in this condition the game is just terrible, if it ran better it could be ok but like this it just aint worth it. I'll try it again with everything on lowest settings just because im bored and have nothing to play right now confused_o.gif .

Got equal specs as Heatseeker and it seems really laggy ingame (especially zoomed optics). But, it's hell of a game, with English language it's easy to play smile_o.gif

What kind of laggy toyland from 2000 is this engine trying to portray? confused_o.gif Looks like crap, performance is crap, no immersion, no excitement to be seen yet...I can't see this developing to be anything but a bore-a-thon yet but maybe I'll give the demo missions another shot.

Hey, M1 Tank Platoon is a very good game. tounge2.gif

Played a bit with the setting.... and now it's lagfree! 60FPS and it still looks very nice (with Anti Alising of course).

Sad I can't get it, I've got no credit card! confused_o.gif