Sign in to follow this  
General Barron

Post your OFP nigglies

by inconstant speed rates in different poses i mean that the running speed with weapon in hand should match the running speed with weapon on back. The medium speed should match, and the walking speed should match in both statuses.

#3 OFP Gaming Community have totally been killed, No good maps to play, no good players, you find a game and get kicked off.

VOLCBAT Play COOP. New maps getting uploaded all the time.

VOLCBAT

#3 OFP  Gaming Community have totally been killed, No good maps to play, no good players, you find a game and get kicked off.

VOLCBAT Play COOP. New maps getting uploaded all the time.

VOLCBAT

Yeah, in my opinion the Public Server one's are all abit crap, they are either just the same old Official missions played over and over, or require so many addons that you're bound not to have one. I think it's better to look for clan sites, and see if they have a Dedicated server. They normally use some unofficial addons, which can add abit of newness to a mission, but dont require loads.

Maybe it's just me?

Lol, I guess I should have posted this in the addons/mods board, because I keep trying to say that I'm going to try to fix these 'nigglies', therefore they must be fixable via scripting/configs. I can't change the netcode, nor can I force servers to use different missions ;). Oh well, it's all interesting, I guess.

Quote[/b] ]And while you're at it implementing easy stuff, add a new voice mode (color). a silent one with no text caption but only hand signals easy to implement isnt it... dream on, dream on

Well, I guess this is where I'll give a shameless plug: [shameless_plug]

My mission "Realistic Combat Patrol" has all the features you are looking for! Command your troops with silent hand signals which have limited visibility range, or use shouting, which has longer range, but can attract the enemy's attention! The link is in my signature.

[/shameless_plug]

And I do have plans to (hopefully) include the hand signals engine in a future ECP release, so you can play any mission using the system. That won't be for a while though, so don't hold your breath. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]What I would like is more combat chatter.

Trust me, you'll love the next version of the ECP. You might as well get started writing love letters to Zayford for that. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]What I would like is more combat chatter.

Trust me, you'll love the next version of the ECP. You might as well get started writing love letters to Zayford for that. smile_o.gif

I'll use my special stationary.

--Ben

Here is my little list.

1) Not being able to reload while moving. I hate it when I am in a firefight and I am running for cover and I can't reload while I am moving.

2) Helos don't bank like they should when turning.

3) Not being able to join a MP mission while mission is in progress.

4) The helos need to be able to have a pilot, copilot, and crewchiefs in both doors.

5) I think original BIS artillery would have been awesome. So you could avoid all the scripting involved.

EDIT: See, I already thought of another one.

6) Collisions! Like when one car runs into another and just seems to go through it. That's kind of wacky.

More to come as I think of them.

Monty

Yeah, gotta love how ramming another vehicle disables your own 99% of the time, but does nothing to the other one.

Barron, you've kept me up many a night unpending all your scripts for OFPEC.... the main thing I would like to see, is integrated support, much like Snypir's SPT Pack.

Perhaps, something along the lines of better enabling planes to pick up and drop bombs on targets... (I'm going into to much detail I know...) it a plane is heading towards a target, and is beween x and y distance, have the plane drop one of its bombs, and have some code guide the bomb to its target...

Quote[/b] ]Barron, you've kept me up many a night unpending all your scripts for OFPEC....

Lol.... all you have to do is hit a little button, right?  tounge_o.gif Anyway, good suggestions about the integrated support... I think that would be a good thing to include in the ECP. As is, we are including AI artillery support, but heck, why not let the player get it to? Well, aside from it seriously unbalancing some missions... so maybe it wouldn't be a good idea, or it would have to be implemented carefully.

Quote[/b] ]2) Helos don't bank like they should when turning.

I don't really know much about helos, but what should it look like? Could this be fixed via configs, do you think? Well, I guess BAS or other addon teams would have fixed their helos to work properly, if it were possible... oh well.

Quote[/b] ]The medium speed should match, and the walking speed should match in both statuses.

Ah, I understand. That could be fixed as well. I'll put it on "the list".

Quote[/b] ]1) Not being able to reload while moving. I hate it when I am in a firefight and I am running for cover and I can't reload while I am moving.

Ah! That's a good one that I forgot about. Good news is, I just played around with it, and it turns out this is possible to implement. It isn't perfect, because you can't stop while you are reloading (i.e., you can't start to reload while you are running, then stop in the middle of the reloading), but it's better than nothing, I think smile_o.gif.

EDIT

I'm finally starting to learn a little more about animation configs. I'm hoping to implement movements like crouched leaning left/right, prone AT usage, jumping, and other nice movements into the game via the keyboard controls. Initial research so far seems promising. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

I'm finally starting to learn a little more about animation configs. I'm hoping to implement movements like crouched leaning left/right, prone AT usage, jumping, and other nice movements into the game via the keyboard controls. Initial research so far seems promising.

Sounds awesome, if it can be done.. Jumping, make you don't make it like CS or something, otherwise some people won't be to happy.
Quote[/b] ]Lol.... all you have to do is hit a little button, right?
In the end, after the damn things are tested.. wink_o.gif

could anyone tell me WHY all vehicles (especially tracked) seams to hover a few centimeters above the ground? (Both BIS and most addons)

[edit] corrected some spelling errors

incorrect ground contact lod its actully esaily fixed

As someone said before, moving while reloading and using binoculars. You get used to it but it can still thwart you at times.

--Ben

the texture mapping error on the CWC crisis island forest stumps

and glow in the dark bullet holes

Whenever I start OFP, it puts my MIDI volume to maximum, which is really annoying when I'm using headphones.

The glow in the dark bullets are tracers. It is in real life too. So I wouldn't complain about it, it looks cool.

i know those are tracers. what i mean is that if i shoot the ground at night the bullet hole that pops up on the ground is shining

Quote[/b] ]The what? Since when do bullets pop up under grounds?

The bullet does not appear underground; The bullet hole appears on the ground.

And it is annoying, but if you're looking at the ground in a firefight then I'd say you're a rather distractable soldier.

yeah, usually happens when firiring more then one bullet, and near light...

anyhow, when i start OFP it puts my volume (radio) a bit lower... awww... sad_o.gif

several

*id like to see the AI more like that of Ghost Recon. imo GR sucks but the AI is really nice. they way they run for cover when being shot at.. the way they keep their head down when being fired upon. thier overall reaciton to gunfire, duck and cover, fire back, run and hide. and not just run away, i mean run to the nearest tree, rock, or house and stay there, mabe peering around the corner to see if its safe or not.

*another is the ability to "lean" left or right. as well as not being able to jump. i want to jump jump jump.. jump around.. jump around. jump up jump up and get down biggrin_o.gif

*the AI not acting until the order is "spoken" via vioce, would like to see the AI act to my order the second its givin and then my unit "say" it when the AI is done yelling 900 things. especialy when in a tank. i say "go to blah blah blah" and they AI replies "negative" 1400 times in a row.. and NEVER shuts up. and i cant get a command in edge wise.

*alt tab bug is annoying

*OFP needs much better memory cacheing then its current layout. for instance: OFP loads every last addon you have in your directory into its memory when booting up. i have 3 gigs of addons, i dont need them all checked into my memory. they should ONLY load the addon when its used. checking the config/cpp of all the addons is a good idea thou, to check for errors.

*id like to see the implementation of the "clan xml" into single player mode as well. i dont play on servers often. mainly in the MP editor cuz its easiest to boot up to, and i like to see my logo (when OFP doesnt randomly stop reading it) on vehicals (and arm patchs too sometimes)

*fore-mentioned: ai running thru wall's, lack of CQB, cant walk on moving vehicles, ect

*i would like to see dxdll and all its options (remain optional) implemented in OFP2 but, with jpeg screenshot saving.

*id also like to see automatic system re-specing per mission and addons. like for example, you play a mission using ICP's high detail russian motorized infantry with 150 units on the map. i want the game to automaticly adjust the viewdistance, with an optional override for ppl who enjoy destroying thier computres with 800 unit maps and a VD of 10000 tounge_o.gif

*lack of underwaterness or at the very least the ability to swim on the surface

and before i end this post, id like to make note of the "units are too small" issue. unites are about 5'5" to 6" tall in OFP. if you want to see midigts. check out VBS. most memorable image is of 2 "arab" guys standing next to a land rover, thier eyes were about levl with the hood of the vehicle. VBSer estimates the VBS units to be about 4 to 5 feet tall. but the vehicles "to scale" i find that to be frucked up.

now im 6'7" tall, id like to see an OFP unit that is that tall just for me biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif