Sign in to follow this  
BoweryBaker

a good flashpoint mission should make me feel:

it should keep you:

-emersed

-learning tactics or improving (teamwork etc.)

-scared

-trying

additionally

-in shape (see Bastige mission for this one)

Pumped! The most excited I get is whenever it starts the player out in a line behind a hill and the Officer blows a whistle and all the guys yell hurrah and start sprinting toward the town. That gets you pumped... especially if the sound is done right... oh man its amazing! smile_o.gif

This may seem weird - but I love playing a multiplayer mission like CTI and getting pinned down and having no control of the situation. Screaming over the TS2 channel for extraction etc....

I dont like how some people waste their life in games as if it means nothing. I like Single player missions cause if you die your dead and have to start all over. If mpmissions incorporated this effect on you but you still respawned, i reckon it'd be more fun. wink_o.gif

Neither way i just love getting pinned down and under MG fire etc. Specially in CTI. The sound of my mates BlackHawk coming over to extract me then a shilka blowing it down leaving me helpless is also good. Well good but bad..... if that makes sense tounge_o.gif .

Another fun thing is getting blown out of the sky in a Mi-17 falling to the ground (engine fails) and it crashes slides along the ground and you get out barely alive. Then again your pinned down in some Urban Terrain... I just love the smell of running for cover and calling for Evac. smile_o.gif

... out of control indeed. Couldn't agree more, even for SP.

Most of the current addon frenzy is based on the player triggering certain special SFX, explosions, actions etc. (resulting in addons that cannot be used by AI anymore) ...

but the real deal IMHO is when the environment comes to life autonomously with actions that you are only indirectly responsible for (autonomous artillery, planes bombing the area, reinforcements coming in & taking a course of action themselves, guards patrolling the area, taking decisions themselves), actions that you have to react to rather than that you are the cause of them. An explosion in the immediate vicinity is 10x more thrilling when you don't know its origin immediately.

Alas few missions feature random & autonomous events ...

..like you have a fundamental part of what happens, but arent a 'hero' kinda character

i like missions where the action just hits like an ambush while your not expecting it or waiting for a convoy to come past and ambush it. the anticipation of waiting can be really good but also taking out equipment or supplies is better for co-op multiplayer but then you get back to gung-ho FPS SP style if your not careful but most of the time i have my OPFOR with high skills and well equiped so they are not just cannon fodder

The Ai needs to be well scripted. Anything the player can do the Ai should be able to do. Its awesome seeing the AI carry complex situations. (Like the first time i saw the ai get in a scud laucher launch it off, get out kill to guys trying to kill him and get in a UAZ and drive off) DIALOUGE!, nothings better than the sergeant telling you to get down or hearing the private that got his leg blown of scream (exaggerated). Also some music that hasnt been heard that sets the mood. Like music that makes you feel the situation is lost, or action music getting the blood pumping, adreline going.

yeah i would like to see a good cutscene with some well choreographed music