Sign in to follow this  
Junker

My 1st Nam Campaign

I decided to make a NAM campaign about a Pilots last 6 days of his Duty in NAM.

The player will mainly be Flying the chopper doing Insertions / Extraction with HOT LZ's and some NIGHT base defence when Charlie is in the wire. smile_o.gif

Did a little teaser for you ;)

Campaign Video

Sounds great - and there's me thinking you couldn't stand 'Nam... ;)

Yeah, really gorgeous video!! How many missions will your campaign consist of? I really look forward to it very much. I think it would be cool to post your video at OFP.info. I can support you at least by this.  smile_o.gif

Rough guess i would say 8-12., But u will see some ground action at night in your own base.

Some Insertions and Extrations will be HOT!! some will be straight forward Equipment drops, You also have a BIG insertion towards the end of the campaign where u have to fly with about 4-5 Hueys to drop off soldiers for a big battle and u will be shot down sometime during the campaign. smile_o.gif

Like i said its work in progress and im just about finished the 1st day of the campaign.

Amazing! Maybe, you have told too much, yet. tounge_o.gif Don't say no more details about the missions, because we want to be a bit surprised, right? smile_o.gif I cross fingers for you, Junker!

Check OFP.info smile_o.gif

I cross fingers for you, Junker!

Cross them good the only missions i ever made in the last 3 years were Multi-Player Co-Op Missions smile_o.gif

Check OFP.info  smile_o.gif

Oh man, Now i gotta finish it :P

Thnx for the support, I will do my best ;)

I've always thought it would be awesome if someone would make a campaign based purely around helo operations in Vietnam.

If you need any ideas, check out the books Chickenhawk or Wings of The Eagle.

Is the end of the video meant to represent an extraction? Perhaps an ammo drop? Maybe a dustoff for cas?

It looks bloody strange imoho anyways, some bloke standing in the middle of a clearing blazing away > only to run away when the helo he seems to be waiting for actually comes in to land biggrin_o.gif

I know there was a great deal of difference between the Australian and US methods of fighting this counter-insurgency conflict, but I don't think even a Yank would be that stupid ;)

Anyways, that aside, look forward to seeing your campaign completed! There is NEVER enough Nam stuff about....

Para

Para @ Sep. 20 2004,11:12)]Is the end of the video meant to represent an extraction? Perhaps an ammo drop? Maybe a dustoff for cas?

It looks bloody strange imoho anyways, some bloke standing in the middle of a clearing blazing away > only to run away when the helo he seems to be waiting for actually comes in to land biggrin_o.gif

I know there was a great deal of difference between the Australian and US methods of fighting this counter-insurgency conflict, but I don't think even a Yank would be that stupid ;)

Anyways, that aside, look forward to seeing your campaign completed! There is NEVER enough Nam stuff about....

Para

Abit nit picky arnt we, like i said its a WORK IN PROGRESS and thats only a demo.

bit nit picky arnt we

LOL! Fair call mate. biggrin_o.gif

Yep, ok probably a little bit too much Nam for me lately...

Anyways, like I said - I look forward to the campaigns release, I will play it for sure.

Para

EDIT: I will play it so long as the friendly infantry doesn't run away from me when I come to rescue them biggrin_o.gif

slowly getting there, Harder than i thought trying to keep the action there while being a pilot is a hard thing to do   :P

Few Pics

nam1.jpg

nam2.jpg

nam3.jpg

Junker, I really look forward to this! IMHO the chopper pilot campaign is what Nam Pack 2 was waiting for since its beginning. Keep it up!

Sounds really good indeed. Just wondering if we will have a chance to play this campain in multiplayer or "simply" a single player only ?

Sounds really good indeed. Just wondering if we will have a chance to play this campain in multiplayer or "simply" a single player only ?

i will convert to MP after i have finished the sp version if there is enough demand for it  smile_o.gif

DONT expect this to soon i have done most of the basic stuff Day 1 is almost complete, gonna get my friens to test it for me.  smile_o.gif

BTW i am keeping the AI and Objects to a minium for the peeps with lower performance computers smile_o.gif Dont wanna have 1000 AI attacking at once smile_o.gif

Is this happening on Il trang valley from nam2 pack or some other island?

All Im Using is the NP2 stuff, If i use anything else i will make a Small Addons pack but i dont thing it will come to that  smile_o.gif

More Screenies from Todays work in progress

AA soldier Takes A Shot

down1.jpg

Ouch The Impact Blows 3 Guys Clean Out Of The Chopper

down2.jpg

May Day May Day Im Going Down

down3.jpg

Time To Rescue The Survivors  smile_o.gif