Sign in to follow this  
Diesel

A-10 Thunderbolt II v0.5

Well if i paint a few targets for an a.i. pilot he will get rid of them in no time, but for me has pilot it doesnt lock on any tanks or other targets, all Footmunch aircraft works fine for me.

Exactly, this means that these GBUs recquire a laser target. That's cool smile_o.gif IMO it sort of defeats the point of naming bombs GBUs if they can be targeted like any old dumb bomb, like on FMs aircraft, perhaps he should consider making his GBUs actually laser guided

Shash - The A-10 only has a laser 'reception' pod (Pave

Penny, IIRC), while the (for example) F-16 has a laser

'designation' pod (TIALD), and can lase it's own targets. Same

with the Strike Eagle, and Buccaneer.

The 'Strike' Falcon does recognise a lased target, but the AI

needs to launch when no BlackOp(Laser) exists...

Yeah I understand this, but personally, seeing as you can't self paint a target, I prefer it when you need another unit to paint your targets, it's all part of the challenge/fun, finding and acquiring the painted target instead of mindlessly pressing the tab key, cycling through all the available targets, plus with another person painting, you can target anything, not just vehicles, like bridges and buildings smile_o.gif

I still wish this A-10 addon used the Oyman/WGL Avenger cannon APDU ammo instead of the HE ammo used.  This HE version is great for killing infantry, apc's, weak ifv's, and convoy vehicles.  Other than that it is dismal against heavy armored units and lags my PC horribly when I use it.

I just would like this addon to have a pre 1992 and post 1992 version of the A-10's loadout, and a more effective and realistic Avenger cannon similiar to the WGL/Oyman Avenger cannon.  Maybe reducing the effectiveness of the countermeasures by a small amount to increase realism as for icing on the cake.

If you could impliment at least the first two of these three suggestions mentioned, I'm sure your A-10 addon would be THE addon for A-10's.  Right now I see your addon and Oyman's older A-10 addon head to head in standings.

Keep me informed.

Later,

Havoc.

Havoc's suggestions sound good.

In the meantime, I'm still getting too many CTDs with the gray Maverick model.

These CTDs are always happening during cutscenes, usually when the cutscene camera is within 30 or less meters of the plane.

Something's unstable here.

EDIT:

1. I disagree with Havoc on one point. I've got a mission with an enemy Strela AI soldier that does a great job at knocking me out of the sky, even where Tunguska's fail. So I prefer that counter measures stay at the level they're at.

2. A bug that was never fixed: when an engine's on fire and you fully repair the plane, the fire remains.

I think the CMs are just right. The odd SAM will miss, but most of the time it's a bullseye.

*remembers the WGL dust and pyrotechnics*

How about using them? The WGL Avenger impact effects are awesome, as well as their bomb detonation effects smile_o.gif

Havoc's suggestions sound good.

These CTDs are always happening during cutscenes, usually when the cutscene camera is within 30 or less meters of the plane.

EDIT:

1. I disagree with Havoc on one point. I've got a mission with an enemy Strela AI soldier that does a great job at knocking me out of the sky, even where Tunguska's fail. So I prefer that counter measures stay at the level they're at.

2. A bug that was never fixed: when an engine's on fire and you fully repair the plane, the fire remains.

That's easy, lead an effort to complete the MANPAD's pack addon long ago discussed.

The reason MANPAD's are so effective in OFP now is they move too fast in the game and travel like a bullet instead of having to build speed and also manuvering for their target.  A good missile that has to operate similiar to the COMBAT or MARPAT launching of the Javelin ATGM.  Then when it tracks, it makes much tighter turns that eat into its speed and takes a while like real MANPAD's to hit.

See if you can find the news footage of the Iraqi insurgents attacking an airliner with a MANPAD.  You will see that it takes a good 5 to 8 seconds for it to reach, those things don't fly as fast in RL.  I say the airliner was about 4,000 meters AGL, maybe lower.

I know ECP and WGL deal with this issue already, but it would be nice to have a seperate standalone addon for just regular OFP and for other mods as well.

I'm sure if you played with this addon in ECP or WGL, MANPAD's would not touch the current Diesel A-10.  An aircraft might get a lucky missile hit in front, but attacking it from the rear doesn't work at all on it.  (Which shouldn't be the case.

Well, at least my first two recommendations are getting some positive reinforcement.

Now all I need for OFP is a well done newer version of the F-15E Strike Eagle (Footmunch's version is imcomplete but still Work in Progress) and having some bloody modern naval warship addons. (Static ships is fine with me)

That's easy, lead an effort to complete the MANPAD's pack addon long ago discussed.

The reason MANPAD's are so effective in OFP now is they move too fast in the game and travel like a bullet instead of having to build speed and also manuvering for their target.  A good missile that has to operate similiar to the COMBAT or MARPAT launching of the Javelin ATGM.  Then when it tracks, it makes much tighter turns that eat into its speed and takes a while like real MANPAD's to hit.

I'd recomend having a look at the Campana Malvinas mod's Blowpipe AA weapon. The missile is quite interresting to watch as it speeds up and flies up towards it's target.

My fault.

Diesel - Change the enginefire.sqs to:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_plane = _this select 0

#MainLoop

?(!alive _plane) : exit

?(damage _plane > .5) : goto "FireOne"

~.5

goto "MainLoop"

#FireOne

?(damage _plane > .75) : goto "FireBoth"

?(damage _plane < .5) : goto "MainLoop"

drop [...]

drop [...]

~.01

goto "FireOne"

#FireBoth

?(damage _plane < .75) : goto "FireOne"

drop [...]

drop [...]

drop [...]

drop [...]

~.01

goto "FireBoth"

Keep the drop commands as before, I just edited them to

save server space - you may have to change

enginefiresound.sqs as well.

In order to change the CM effectiveness, there is a line in

spoofmissile.sqs:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

; Random chance not to spoof

?(random 100 < 35): goto "Exit"

By increasing the value from 35, the CM's will be _less_

effective. Note that a value of 100 does not mean _every_

missile will hit, as sometimes they miss anyway.

While we're at it, a reminder to switch around the cockpit compass' N/S direction indicators. E/W is OK.

Shash - The A-10 only has a laser 'reception' pod (Pave

Penny, IIRC), while the (for example) F-16 has a laser

'designation' pod (TIALD), and can lase it's own targets. Same

with the Strike Eagle, and Buccaneer.

You're right about the Pave Penny, that's a passive laser seeker/tracker that recieves laser designations reflected from the target painted by another pod.

However, both the Falcon and the Strike Eagle use LANTIRN pods, not the TIALD which is used by the Brits.

BTW There's nothing keeping you from mounting a Pave Spike designator pod on the A-10 ;)

I'm telling you, there's something wrong here. More CTDs today.

No other addons in the missions and it only happens with the gray Maverick model.

Sometimes the CTDs are instant. Sometimes the screen goes black, the PC's hard drive goes wild (likely a memory leak eating up virtual pages) and eventually Windows pops up a critical error window.

Bug:

In my Lasey Daze Mission Pack's Strategic Strike mission, you start off as the pilot moved into the cockpit of a green GBU A-10.

This A10 is defined as SIDE=EMPTY and has the following INIT line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">init="this removeWeapon ""DSL_GAU8""; this removeWeapon ""DSL_AGM65Launcher2""; this removeWeapon ""DSL_AIM9Launcher2""";

If you step out of the plane and look underneath it, you'll see, as expected, 4 GBU bombs.

There's another empty green GBU A-10, parked in the taxi lane near the barracks a little to the north. It's also defined as SIDE=EMPTY and with the exact same INIT line. Walk over and look underneath it. There's only one GBU bomb showing. blues.gif

Bug:

In my Lasey Daze Mission Pack's Strategic Strike mission, you start off as the pilot moved into the cockpit of a green GBU A-10.

This A10 is defined as SIDE=EMPTY and has the following INIT line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">init="this removeWeapon ""DSL_GAU8""; this removeWeapon ""DSL_AGM65Launcher2""; this removeWeapon ""DSL_AIM9Launcher2""";

If you step out of the plane and look underneath it, you'll see, as expected, 4 GBU bombs.

There's another empty green GBU A-10, parked in the taxi lane near the barracks a little to the north. It's also defined as SIDE=EMPTY and with the exact same INIT line. Walk over and look underneath it. There's only one GBU bomb showing. blues.gif

Avon - I haven't been able to play the mission yet - I'm sure

it's very good, btw - but looking at the mission.sqm, one of

the A-10's defined has:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">fuel=0.160829;

ammo=0.187634;

and the other one doesn't. If you definitely want this other

A-10 to be 'weaponless', then you can set the ammo to 0

(in the editor), _or_ removeweapon - either will work.

Can I call operator-error on this, please? tounge_o.gif

Avon - I haven't been able to play the mission yet - I'm sure

it's very good, btw

Tey just demonstrate the use of OFP's LTD from the POV of the LTD operator and pilot. Nothing special.

Quote[/b] ]- but looking at the mission.sqm, one of

the A-10's defined has:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">fuel=0.160829;

ammo=0.187634;

and the other one doesn't.

Aha! Thanks.

Quote[/b] ]Can I call operator-error on this, please?

Sure. I'm all for sticking it to the phone company.

Created a new mission today. Sure enough, CTDs most of the time using the gray Maverick A-10.

Substitute the green A-10 in its place and the CTDs stop.

I sense a pattern here. rock.gif

CTDs happen not only with grey A10 Maverick model, but with all the grey variants... rock.gif Just had a CTD with A10 (Mk82) grey version. sad_o.gif

It's gotten to the point where I'm going to have to remove all the gray versions from my missions.

And that would be a pity. sad_o.gif

Funny was running some of the A10 on Blackdog's server when the object froze durring MP and all we could here is him still pounding the aenemy units giving us CAS. After getting killed was able to circle the A10 object dispite still hearing it zooming around and blasting targets. Only thing I've noticed on em so far.

On a long singel player op I buzed around over Nagova in the grew one with a grew wingman trying to take down air defences and stop a few armored tank colums, The armor call in support from the hinds as a pair of Su24 and Su39s show up and chase us around, dodging thier missiles. things went good till the Mi35Ns show up and gives us a very hard time. Out of Aim9s and the ground targets got most of my 30mm the buggy addon hind evetually takes me down and I failed to have a ctd at all, tried all the views, switched quite heavilly. "Other than the normrla problems with buggy textures on the water cause DXdll isn't supported by the HD.

Sorry spent about five hours and unable to recreate a ctd with the grey A10.

b5fdsla1001.jpg

s1hdsla1002.jpg

u9gdsla1003.jpg

d7jdsla1004.jpg

Nice effects, not sure if on the plane or part of FlashFX 1.7

Hi Diesel,

your A-10 Thunderbolt is very very good !!!

I am working on a Autopilot-Script for OPF. The OPF-KI can land on any other Runway´s and Carriers.

here are any Pics from the Autopilot with the A-10 Thunderbolt from Diesel

autopilot009.JPG

autopilot007.JPG

autopilot001.JPG

autopilot008.JPG

I hope next week the Autopilot is ready and your A-10 Thunderbolt can land on other Runway´s.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen - Best regards - Veuillez agréer

Idontno ( I don´t know ;-)

You might wanna make the distance between lights a little farther, I've never seen a runway that dense with runway lights.  Geeze, its a runway not a Christmas tree lights contest with the Jones's next door.

Otherwise than that, looking good.

yes, I make the runwaylights with a special Colorlights, because I must change the Normal Addon "Colorlights" from "Lester" www.mapfact.net

havocsquad

Quote[/b] ]You might wanna make the distance between lights a little farther, I've never seen a runway that dense with runway lights. Geeze, its a runway not a Christmas tree lights contest with the Jones's next door.

.... that´s right what you say ... I will make more distance between the Lights, thanks ;-)

the next Pics show you other Runwaylights, there can see you by Day and by Night.

This Lights are 3 on both sides Polygonen, Shining, Licht-Texture

LandeLichter.jpg

LandeLichter2.jpg

LandeLichter3.jpg

here are any Pics from the real A-10 Thunderbolt.....

A-10 Thunderbolt