Sign in to follow this  
Blackblood

Blackblood's desert grunts

Yes it's the old release date curse. This beast reared it's ugly head today...Thought I covered everything 'til I checked the handgun anim. (The rifle anim is not effected).

stpistol3lw.jpg

It's the stand position when holding a pistol. Nearly as ugly as my grandma...

But it only effect the stance (pistol) anim. The crouch (pistol) anim looks far better...

crpistol1si.jpg

So whattya reckon? Do you want it tonight (Zürich time 23:59 remember? ;D

...or should I hold it off 'till tomorrow night?

Your call, people. This proves once again the golden rule of not giving away release dates. Guess I just wanted this project out of my system...

tictoc3ze.jpg

yeap, I'm with Sanctuary. You should release when you think they are releaseable. And that anim needs a bit of work still.

And if you don't get 'em ready to time, then why don't you give 'em to some one really reliable addon maker to finish 'em. Just a thought.... smile_o.gif

Nice work either way.

If you think its a pain in the arse to have to upload it, then make another PBO and upload that, leave it.

Some people will just bitch about having to D/L it twice anyway..

I start new job on monday, and dont have do anything all week so I'm happy either way biggrin_o.gif

I guess I get the reward for the least reliable addon maker in history.

If you guys were my wife(s) I'd be sued for adultery.

Well, well. It's still V-E-R-Y close to release. *rigging Zürich clock alarm for an extra 24 hours* sad_o.gif

(what's all this Zürich crap? I'm from Stockholm) crazy_o.gif

*mental note: call local shrink*

darn sad_o.gif o well guess well just have to wait one more day

but if he wants it to be perfect then so be it well at least its jsut one more day crazy_o.gif

heres an idea for ol bb he could relese the oen today for impatient ppl me beign one myself but i can wait and just relese the anim as a standf alone pbo fix whenever he gets done so he has more time

its 'Good things comes to those who wait'  wink_o.gif

After havig a really fucked-up day, I was really preparing myself for a nice evening playing with these units. Too bad.

But it's a good thing. Finish them and only release them when you want to. The worst that can happen to an addonmaker is releasing something which is unfinished and people start to post negative things about the addon. With all the work put into it, you should only release it when it has reached the quality that you want it to have.

but you better release it tommorow wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Hope you can overcome the last problems. All i can do is wish you the best of luck and offcourse hope you can finish it asap.

Well was ready for them now sad_o.gif but ah well...

smile_o.gif Do your best mate and I hope to see 'em 2moz night biggrin_o.gif

sim

And if you don't get 'em ready to time, then why don't you give 'em to some one really reliable addon maker to finish 'em.

Lol, biggrin_o.gif you want to refrane there mate,lol biggrin_o.gif

BB, they look fantastic, but I say what is been said allready, if you think they are not ready don't release them, you'll regret it if you release them now when is something else to fix, I can wayt, no problem, and I'm sure that every body agrees.

Regards.

@CERO.

RELEASE THEM NOW OR I WILL WILL WILL...... damn i recon i just have to wait like everybody else tounge_o.gif

well, the way i see it is that you spotted a bug before the .pbo had to be recalled back to the factory, so its a positive thing, take your time biggrin_o.gif

Some of you guys do sound brutal though with all the whining for a release....seriously.

It's embarrasing to read.

EDIT: I'd like to see them as well but leave the guy alone. crazy_o.gif

canadian terrors right weve been a bunch of whinnie little kids

but its like the night before a big holiday or your birthday whatever u want u just cant stand the wait and everyone here nos these are gonna be an addon hall of famer with all the features hes told us abput and proboly more little features we will all apprciate. these will be great and i for one will be waiting patiently but no more whining from me biggrin_o.gif

Dude, i hardly see people really whining. The world is really looking forward to this addon, and most people who post here think it's too bad the units aren't finished yet, but they are at the same time understanding of the fact why they are not ready for release and support blackbloods decision. Embarrising to read? If that's the way you see it.

I see it as a compliment for BB, he has put, and still is putting, in many hours of work in these units, and the fact that we all want 'em so badly in our addons folder is a testiment of his addon making skills and a reward for his efforts. And I believe after these addons are released, there will be nothing but praise.

canadian terrors right weve been a bunch of whinnie little kids

Hey, where is that "we" coming from?

Lol, only joking biggrin_o.gif

@ Ranger44, You should know by now that you can make the perfect addon, but you will allways get somebody who spoils the topic with selfis childis behaviour.

BB, take your time mate, I'm looking forward for them, but take your time.

Regards.

@CERO

I know there is always the odd idiot who spoils the topic, but the best thing we can do is to ignore those posts and don't let them ruin it. And offcourse the mods can take the appropriate action.

I know there is always the odd idiot who spoils the topic, but the best thing we can do is to ignore those posts and don't let them ruin it. And offcourse the mods can take the appropriate action.

Well, you can't bann people because they post their opinion. Even if you don't like what they say.

I find it hard to believe someone would not like this addon.

I do like these units and I'm really looking forward to them.

Well, offcourse you cant ban someone for his opinion.

But if people just start cursing away at the addon or the maker, then banning him or editing his post is an ok way to go.

hummmmmmmmmmmmmm.......STILL no release then?  rock.gif

yes... thats going to work... what a great idea - lets piss him off so he releases it quicker...

unbelievable

Indeed. I have to agree with Messiah

Why do you write 'still'??

He doeing all he can do. Remember thatyou are not paying for this stuff and that we addonmakers (myself, Messiah, Blackblood and all the others) do this in our own (very limited) spare time. So be gratefull and just wait for it to be released.