Sign in to follow this  
Gordy

SPC 6.8 and stuff

i dont acturally like the sights, yes they are come from a real thing on photo but it dont really fit into the OFP surroundings, it just seems "too real" for OFP....... sad_o.gif

I can live with that although it is a bit strange comment for a game that we all want to be as real as possible.  rock.gif

as real as possible is good, but not to the point that it starts becoming an "unreal" thing for the game wow_o.gif  ghostface.gif

What do you mean?

i dont acturally like the sights, yes they are come from a real thing on photo but it dont really fit into the OFP surroundings, it just seems "too real" for OFP....... sad_o.gif

I can live with that although it is a bit strange comment for a game that we all want to be as real as possible. rock.gif

as real as possible is good, but not to the point that it starts becoming an "unreal" thing for the game wow_o.gifghostface.gif

What do you mean?

He means the contrast is messed up, the sights don't fit in with the surroundings, they are either too sharp or too blurred, too light or too dark (not my opinion, just my interpretation of what he said).

One of the reason for those sights was to have an outside idea on this. I didn't like the default ones. I wanted sth real. This space is dedicated for you to express your opinions not only on the weapons but the other things too.

Which of the sights look better and which worst?

Should they be more blury or sharper. Tell me more. I am not gonna sit on my hands doing nothing happy with the things as they are. This is where I start.

I think they should be blurrier (sp?) smile_o.gif

And the textures of the rifle some what darker if possible.

But even without these 'adjustments' very very good addon biggrin_o.gif

I never understand why people say it doesn't fit with the surroundings, or its too bright rock.gif

I personally love this addon as it goes well with the lsr delta forces but I had to download the fixed version as i had the same error with the sight but it is fixed now.

Well done Gordy....top marks.

Parker Hale

the major screw up is the lighting, it needs to comes more directly from behind and would be more easy to tweak, i think i would use others sources of light instead of the flashlights on the DC in this case, and remember to make it darker

@ebns72

it is doesnt fit into surroundings, after playing this game for 3 years it is easy to get a good idea what fits the game most, you couldnt just stick a photo in the middle of the CG's and say :"Hey this looks good~it(the sights or whatever) looks real"

Good use of textures bad use of polys and a lot to do. I like the pack and will use it if there are some changes like lods, faces and so on. But i wish to know if someone has bigger performance problems ? Because some RHS weapons has nearly the same polycount or lower. Oh and gordy play a bit with sharp and smooth edge under surfaces.

Thank you for your comments. These are very helpfull. smile_o.gif

i saw some silenced versions of these guns at artwar

have u updated the weapons?

No, they mixed up the photos. It all started at Flashpointzone.com. Sorry.

I am working on m-14. The harder part - stock and a grip and all the moving parts. If it comes up well, then perhaps m40a series.

u got my support with this i like it hey guys look i know alot of you havent been to rude but try to not to be cause remember Gordy is still really a beginning addon maker respect your addon makers.

Well, who's pack is that on the ATWAR site?

Gordy, love your stuff so far man. You keep working, and I'll keep downloading. OFP needs more modders like you.

Well, who's pack is that on the ATWAR site?

Gordy, love your stuff so far man. You keep working, and I'll keep downloading. OFP needs more modders like you.

It is mine, but I felt i wanted to make a smaller teaser (test pack), where I would gather comments and suggestions. All of that I would include in next releases. I am learning doing those, so I guess next toys will be better (polywise and texturewise).

And I am not saying that they will be M4s.

Sounds great, and I'm looking forward to playing with more of your stuff. You mentioned an M14? OFP SO needs some modern versions of the M14, like the SOPMOD, EBR, and Scout. Anyway, keep rockin' it man.

M14/M21 = good idea

Another M16 pack = bad idea wink_o.gif

I'd do m-14 and m40A# rifles. M21 is basicaly the same as m14 (small modifications).

M21 = M14 with scope. That's about it, maybe a few differences in the zero'ing but that's mainly down to the optics.

M21 = M14 with scope. That's about it, maybe a few differences in the zero'ing but that's mainly down to the optics.

I think it is more to that then just the scope. Maybe a modified mechanism, but screw it. M-14 it is we want.

I've always been a fan of the M14 since Navy boot camp, where we were trained with them. Last service to have them as the standard assault weapon. Heavy as hell, and kicks like a mule, but it's damn accurate, and hard hitting. I'd love to see some of the newer varients for OFP.

I find the sound of the m4spc8_6 strange. It has like a "resonance" after firing.