Sign in to follow this  
edejl

Fun to do

Just thought I'd post something I find fun to do lol

Firstly put a plane on to of the hill to the North West of Davle (the bridge town), where the church is.

edit: image file size over 102400bytes!

http://img51.exs.cx/img51/1340/map4.jpg

Next, start the engine and brace yourself...

http://img51.exs.cx/img51/1435/map5.jpg

Then, try and pull up before you hit the ground...

map6.jpg

Sometimes not that easy because, as you haven't got enough speed up, sometime you fall back down to ground!

Reminds me of Goldeneye where James Bond has to catch the falling plane at the end of the Runway.

[Edit] I've just noticed, if you bomb those railings stopping you falling down the steep hill, then they jst stand straight up! Try it!!

Also fun to do is:

Skiing with PTB, put a PTB on a hill and ski down. Put out some triggers as gates. smile_o.gif

Use the church hill and put loads of civvies there. Then, grab some satchels, take a ride down to the town and booooom. Hehe, see how far you can spread the dead bodies. biggrin_o.gif

Car Golf, Use satchels to blow away a car to the hole. smile_o.gif Really fun in MP. biggrin_o.gif

Skiing with PTB, put a PTB on a hill and ski down. Put out some triggers as gates. smile_o.gif

I made a multiplayer mission a long time ago where you have to race with the boats from the top of the kolgujev hill, down to the ocean. You could go really fast with it, though you could also easily get stuck on larger bumps and forests etc. tounge_o.gif

Drive a tank down one of the Nogova mountains, either way. In a Shilka you can almost jump the river if you go down to where the church is.

Just thought I'd post something I find fun to do lol

Firstly put a plane on to of the hill to the North West of Davle (the bridge town), where the church is.

edit: image file size over 102400bytes!

http://img51.exs.cx/img51/1340/map4.jpg

Next, start the engine and brace yourself...

http://img51.exs.cx/img51/1435/map5.jpg

Then, try and pull up before you hit the ground...

http://img51.exs.cx/img51/444/map6.jpg

Sometimes not that easy because, as you haven't got enough speed up, sometime you fall back down to ground!

Reminds me of Goldeneye where James Bond has to catch the falling plane at the end of the Runway.

[Edit] I've just noticed, if you bomb those railings stopping you falling down the steep hill, then they jst stand straight up! Try it!!

next step is to rotate the plane 90 degrees to the right and try it again wink_o.gif .

did it some times in Multiplayer, more then one ejected... biggrin_o.gif

Lots of people think that Shilka are just good for AA positions. But that is not true, a Shilka is more versatile, you can use it to reach your destination quicker than the usual and boring way .

Let's see

Gentlemen start your engines

1Shilka-Start.jpg

Flying to the moon

2Shilka-Launch.jpg

Bridge over troubled water

3Shilka-Fly.jpg

Shilka land "land"

4Shilka-Landing.jpg

whats fun to do is to use a man like, joint smoker, go on a hexenkessel game on one of the germans servers, kill the admin once and get kicked off. Works everytime and is really fun! (not when they bann you) biggrin_o.gif

My ex girlfriend thought driving tanks was the best thing in whole ofp tounge_o.gif she took the abrahams tank and drove around whole nogova and run down every tree she could find in her sights biggrin_o.gif she drove around like that in 5-0 mins boring me and my m8 to hell tounge_o.gif

but hey sometimes some people can find lots of joy in the most simple things in life wink_o.gif

My ex girlfriend thought driving tanks was the best thing in whole ofp  tounge_o.gif  she took the abrahams tank and drove around whole nogova and run down every tree she could find in her sights  biggrin_o.gif  she drove around like that in 5-0 mins boring me and my m8 to hell  tounge_o.gif

but hey sometimes some people can find lots of joy in the most simple things in life   wink_o.gif

Show her the 4x speed button and she'll go crazy of joy. biggrin_o.gif

Playing a simple desert island dogfight mission. I just make my P-51 at the south end of the island, then put 12 AiA Bf-109s flying south towards me, then play the mission. Complete chaos biggrin_o.gif .

BIS WWI Plane fights are surprisingly fun. And put some hostile resistance bmps to provide some low level anti air.

Or there's always the entertaining game of dropping B61s at low altitude (With the RAD F/A-18s) and then trying to avoid the blast tounge_o.gif .

My ex girlfriend thought driving tanks was the best thing in whole ofp  tounge_o.gif  she took the abrahams tank and drove around whole nogova and run down every tree she could find in her sights  biggrin_o.gif  she drove around like that in 5-0 mins boring me and my m8 to hell  tounge_o.gif

but hey sometimes some people can find lots of joy in the most simple things in life   wink_o.gif

give her a whole squad and a bunch of enemy infantry spawning here and then wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif .

OR make all objects destroyed in advance biggrin_o.gif (bridge included) exept for some trees on that little island in the lake, see if he's gonna do it... biggrin_o.gif

She was blond? :P

So, It`s the reason she`s your EX now? tounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

My cousin, is keen on UT/ Q3 things, (as I mentioned somewhere)...so, he likes to do missions, where you are commander of large civil convoy, with bunch of trucks and cars, and you must drive from point A to point B completely without sense, for ex to reach the airport and talk to somebody... then the end-anim starts, with silly text "you made It" biggrin_o.gif

Nah, best thing is getting the motorbike and jumping off the huge cliffs in north Nogova with it. Cool!

Oh yeah try flying high in a helicopter quite high (experiment at heights) on Auto hover and then...turn the engine off and watch yourself faaaallllll to Earth..But that isn't it...try and get the rotors turning fast enough to keep yourself from falling into the ground...I wait until my rotors have stopped before turning them on...or until the chopper goes upside down. Try doing that in the cavelike place to the North of Nogova in between those massive cliffs.

Apparently (I've never flown a helicopter so wouldn't know) that unlike OFP if you turn the engine off a chopper you wouldn't fall that fast, but glide more slowly...that true?

____

You ever tried dropping an Abrams or anything from a height...the suspension on those things...can barely feel a bump lol...hmm...

Apparently (I've never flown a helicopter so wouldn't know) that unlike OFP if you turn the engine off a chopper you wouldn't fall that fast, but glide more slowly...that true?

It is not possible to restart a helicopters engine after it has stopped, the blades don't turn anymore, the only thing left to do is to ''crash'' land, try to slow the helicopter down by raising the nose and hoping it doesn't smash into the ground tounge_o.gif

No I mean if the engine stops for any reason, nothing to do with restarting it again...will it plummet really fast? I heard if the blades stop it glides down relatively slowly

From what i know, if a helicopter's engine stops. You've got seconds to react before impact.

It's called Auto-Rotation, as long as you decend there will be air flowing though the blades and they will spin createing lift. Simple realy smile_o.gif

Yeppers. IRL if your blades stop the air moving through it will keep them spinning, making it possible to crash land. Same thing with aircraft.

IRL if your blades stop the air moving through it will keep them spinning, making it possible to crash land.

You can do the same in Flashpoint, however it is a little bit difficult to create a situation in which this effect is visible, because once you push "up", your engine will start again.

The best way to create such a situation is to insert a helicopter with very little fuel or to insert a trigger (timeout, or radio activated, whatever you prefer), which will empty your fuel tank. (Or, if you have a joystick, turn your engine off and use a joystick throttle to control the rotor torque - this way the engines will not start automatically).

Once you are without a fuel, be sure to press down - otherwise the helicopter will try to maintain altitude by increasing torque, which will stop the rotor soon. If you will press down, you will enter fast, but smooth decent and you can you the rotor energy just above the ground (release down, or even press up) to reduce a descent velocity and make a soft landing.

I think it's called "dead man's curve" and it goes from 30m up.

IE if the chopper is below 30m there wont be enough room(from chopper to ground) to make the rotors spin and you'll crash.