Sign in to follow this  
ozanzac

Motorcycles

Have a tradition of wrecked motorcycles:

1. Custom Vespa , burnt by myself after a crash in anger

2. Honda monkey, slipped under those nasty things that are built along roads biggrin_o.gif

3. Honda SR 500, owned by the girlfriend I had at the time

She was not able to operate the kickstarter, so I was the  only one who drove it. Nice bike.

4. Husquarna TE 610 fullcross, lost it´s life in the bavarian hills.

quote]

hah!  biggrin_o.gif  If you would have given me the chance to assume your curriculum vitae with bikes I would have guessed exactly that. How come  tounge_o.gif

w000t! The F-12 Phantom ruuules! There's a version of it with a beautiful paintjob of a pair of F-16s and a tiger in the background, you know kind of like those paintjobs you get for special occasions on fighter aircraft (thinking of Belgian and Dutch AF especially). Awesome scooter. Malaguti in general make good quality and snazzy looking ones  blues.gif

the one with 2 exhaust pipes and nitrous oxygen ? that´s a french one iirc..hell of a nice machine

although i owned a F12 i must admit that i hated it, the Stalker was much better.

it had 2 disc brakes and i was actually able to do everything reaching from racing to offroading and making wheelies with it..

till it got stolen  mad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  sad_o.gif

the F12´s are too low, not as maneuverable as the gilera and also the engine was crap, the gilera was much faster with less tuning

edit:

Have a tradition of wrecked motorcycles:

2. Honda monkey, slipped under those nasty things that are built along roads biggrin_o.gif

that must have hurt, you´re very lucky that ur still in one part  crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]How come

I´m just an ordinary guy  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]that must have hurt, you´re very lucky that ur still in one part

It was fun actually biggrin_o.gif

The monkey :

honda1.jpg

Mine was the same..only blue.

The incident happened, when we were at a friends house during the lunch break at school. His parents lived on a hill and there were some stones and sand in the curve. So the monkey slipped and I followed. We both went under the obstacle and I had some nice ripped jeans and grass on my jacket plus several bruises. I picked up the monkey, gave it a few kicks, until I was able to use it again and drove to school , where I attended to afternoon lessons biggrin_o.gif

I looked pretty wasted.

What kind of nasty things? crazy_o.gif

In my opinion, motorbikes are a great means of transportation. When used by the right people. Many people buy motorbikes in their forties to revive some sort of dream they had in their youths... And here in Sweden, motorbike licenses were issued WITH the drivers license (back in the '70's early '80's IIRC). Which ofcourse says what I want to say...

Alot of people don't have the experience, or ability to read traffic properly, whilst manouvering their often heavy custom bikes. With people like those behind the handlebars, motorbikes become deathtraps.

What kind of nasty things? crazy_o.gif

these nasty things, a hell for every biker:

leitplanke.jpg

i live near nuerburgring, the roads that lead there are really nicely curved.. but unfortunately it´s common to hear that another biker got badly wasted while driving there ..

many people i know already seen limbs laying on the street from a "fresh" (excuse me i find no better words) accident

edit:

It was fun actually ..

I had some nice ripped jeans and grass on my jacket plus several bruises.

you´re right, Balschoiw´s really are a rare species, how can you call this fun tounge_o.gif

once i am 25 (4years) i am going to do the unlimitted cc license and buy myself a Kawasaki ZX10 or a Yamaha R1, just love these engines and their power ooooooo  wow_o.gif

once i get them im gonna go to germany on teh autobahn

biggrin_o.gif

r1.jpgR1

zx10rswreschgr.jpg ZX-10

but currently for a 2 wheel experience i own this

http://www.technoscoots.free.fr/image-s....024.jpg

i dont want those crappy looking like 125 cc scooters their so ugly  crazy_o.gif

I have a honda camino, i bought it for 12.5 euros together with 10 liters of fuel. So basically i didn't pay for the motorcycle, just for the fuel.

I don't know a damn thing about my camino, it drives and it rocks what more can i say...

We've seen coworkers and neighbors children injured and enough cycle accidents on highways to convince us that these machines are not fit for use.

All relatives on this planet seem to have the same atitude in this case. Damn! wink_o.gif

I own the motocycle licence for nearly seven years now but didn't ride a single metre after the final licence test. All for the sake of peace at home...

Perhaps I buy a Reiskocher (rice boiler, german for japanese bike) next year or I even find an old BMW to reconstruct...

We've seen coworkers and neighbors children injured and enough cycle accidents on highways to convince us that these machines are not fit for use.

All relatives on this planet seem to have the same atitude in this case. Damn! wink_o.gif

All is not gold that glitters

All is not pure that shines

Follow your mother's teachings

And happiness will be thine

- From "Bowery Bugs", a Bugs Bunny cartoon, 1949

smile_o.gif

Honda XR 500 R from 1984, bought it this spring, got my expensive license in June.

I just love driving dirt roads with it and I'm going to go offroad with some guys some day, they meet up and go offroad together.

-------

The other day an exit from a fuel station was concealed behind a parked bus. I was driving a bit too fast and just as I come to that exit, a mini van drives out infront of me, and the driver is looking in the other direction!

He sees me as I step on the foot break and squeeze the front break. I skid for a meter or two cause the rear wheel locked. Almost smashed. crazy_o.gif

Then I just passed him slowly with an angry look. It was both's fault though; I was driving too fast, and he wasn't paying attention.

-------

The same day, it was kinda a queue of cars. As the speed increased a bit, I enjoyed the view of a park on my right side. Then I look forward again and notice the damn car infront of me has stopped and is only a few decimeters away. wow_o.gif Squeezed the front break like shit, thinking damn I'm gonna smash into his car. But I made it stop like a few centimeters away from it and happened to do a stoppie (lift the rear wheel off the ground) blues.gifbiggrin_o.gif

040730-1-Cross.jpg

It's not a coincidence that there are generations of bikers, with gaps of generations of non-bikers between them:

Motorcycles get popular; a lot of kids kill themselves; motorcycles get unpopular for a while; people forget...

I hate the guy who goes by my house at 5:00 in the morning and I get woken up. So they are noisy.

I don't care that they are death traps, when people wake you up that early in the morning and you were awake till 3:00 the previous night you tend to want them to die.

there's somebody that does that where i live in the middle of the night too. what is it in people that do that anyway? anyway it doesn't bother me too much, im a sound sleeper. but i wouldn't mind having a motorcycle. it would be a much better alternitive than driving the F150 pickup i have tounge_o.gif

What we're seeing more and more of these days are bored middle aged men facing/suffering their mid-life crisis wanting to revisit their youth by going out and buying a nice big,noisy motorbike...Trouble is, most middle aged men these days tend to have huge beer guts and generally not fit enough for this type of activity tounge_o.gif

What we're seeing more and more of these days are bored middle aged men facing/suffering their mid-life crisis wanting to revisit their youth by going out and buying a nice big,noisy motorbike...Trouble is, most middle aged men these days tend to have huge beer guts and generally not fit enough for this type of activity  tounge_o.gif

Hey, don't talk about my dad like that! (Just kidding, he's been riding all his life, and has had all sorts of bikes. His most recent addition was a Triumph Thruxton 900)

At my learner’s course, one of the other students was an Optometrist in his late 40's, early 50's, and had never ridden a motorcycle in his life.

On day one, he rocked up in a BMW Z4, and on day 2, in one of those great big Lexus 4x4's that will never see a dirt road whilst under his ownership. I don't mind people having mid-life crises. They tend to buy cool expensive stuff. Let it sit in the garage, almost untouched, or barely use it, then sell it after a couple of years once they come back down to reality. tounge_o.gif

I see no problem with motorcycles. They're fast, fun, and a great way to learn about the physics involved when you hit a truck at 60mph.

Personally I'm not into motorbikes, they look good and are pretty fun to ride but I've never been bothered about getting one myself.

My uncle and both my cousins have rode motorbikes since they were pretty young. One of my cousins is a currently 'scrabling' (a bit like motorcross, not sure if it's any different really) he's pretty good at that. He just got back into doing it in the past year or two after a long break from when he was a teenager. Not sure if my younger cousin will get back into scrambling too, but he did do it when he was young also. My uncle also races but he's into superbikes, he owns a race modified CBR-600 and a CBR-900 for the road which I've travelled to Holland on the back of, with him.

I don't like people seeing motorbikes as a symbol of rebellion, it probably attracts the kind of idiots who are more likely to end up having accidents. It's like how people see guns as a sybol of power and stuff. Ideas like that are just dangerous.

I drove a 1978 Honda 750 SuperSport for about a year until a truck running a red light at full speed missed me by a few centimeters.  I immediately drove home, parked it, sold it and haven't been on a bike since.

All the driving skill in the world will not save you from the mistakes of other motorists.

For most city bikers it's just a matter of time.

ghostface.gif

Oh, neat thread  smile_o.gif

Ive riden on these things all my life. Ever since I learned to ride a bicycle I've been riding a motorcycle or fourwheeler(my first mike was a 50cc dirtbike).

They can be one of the best learning tools for driving you could ever have. They teach you to be more attentive to the objects, potholes, ect. onthe road. They also teach you to be wary of other cars and pay more attention to the traffic ahead.

I had only one serious accident and it was because a dog rand out in front of me.  mad_o.gif It fliped the bike end over end a few times and gave me a little road rash, but I was back on my bike the next day.

Picture of my motorcycles

Another picture

I had only one serious accident and it was because a dog rand out in front of me.  mad_o.gif It fliped the bike end over end a few times and gave me a little road rash, but I was back on my bike the next day.

I've run over a dog once.....My own! tounge_o.gif

I used to play a game with her where she would bite the front tire of my pushbike whilst I was pedelling along at very a slow pace, swerving the tire and making her chase it......Then I got my pee-wee 50; And on the very first time I rode it, she decided she wanted to play the game, albeit I was too excited about my bike to recognise the fact she was poised to jump at my front tire! I opened the throttle. The Vwaaaaaaaaaaa, was soon followed by an almighty yelp and bump!

I didn't fall, and she wasn't hurt. But at least she learnt her lesson, and stayed well away from all motorbikes once they revved into life. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]once i am 25 (4years) i am going to do the unlimitted cc license and buy myself a Kawasaki ZX10 or a Yamaha R1, just love these engines and their power ooooooo

No offence, but I reckon thats a bad idea. Start off with something smaller, get some experience and THEN move up to the bigger stuff. For one thing, your insurance will be MUCH cheaper, and for another you'd stand less chance of ending up a statistic on a road safety poster.

Inexperience (no scooters don't count smile_o.gif) is a major cause of accidents / death among bike riders. (Discounting fecking car drivers of course biggrin_o.gif)

Only one vote for sign of rebellion, it must have been some rebel that voted that way  blues.gif

I traveled from New York to California the summer before i left for the military with a friend on his Harley Davidson, it was the best summer i ever had  wink_o.gif vroooooom

I've never had a motorbike and I prolly will never own one either.

I don't have the "need for speed". I have a 1.6l Seat Cordoba which takes me from A to B and I can even bring my luggage with me biggrin_o.gif

Bikes are death-traps for some. For others they're just toys, and for some they are show-offs.

Basically I don't have anything against the two-wheelers, but most of the people on them are'nt exactly what I would call good drivers. They drive too fast and are reckless drivers.

When a biker drives himself to death by speeding he gets no sympathy from me.

Bikes are death-traps for some.

Totally agree with that.

They're especially death traps if you don't treat the bike with the respect it deserves, or you overate your skills. I confess I still don't feel comfortable at riding a bike on ashphalt, as up until recently, the only ashphalt I'd ever cornered on at any speed was on my uncles tennis court! I'm just too used to the lack of grip the average back gravel road and wet grass possess' , and as a result, I feel like the bike is gonna high side me if I corner on dry ashphalt at even just a reasonable speed.

The mind says 'Oh oh, usually at right about this time, you'd have the back churning up dirt, and your foot postioned in such a place to save yourself from a low side if things come to the worst.'

At least for me it's shouldn't be the other way round: with an 'Oh oh, where's the grip gone? Woops, there it goes. Bit late now isn't it you moron!'

Quote[/b] ]For others they're just toys
Toys for adventure. Tools for adventure. Same thing. wink_o.gif
Quote[/b] ] I have a 1.6l Seat Cordoba which takes me from A to B and I can even bring my luggage with me  

Lol! Good point. I'll have to take pictures of my 'A to B' off-road excursions! And then a picture of what I use when I do need to lug luggage! (Bugger it. I might as well tell you now, seeing as it won't be for another couple of months until I get the opportunity to shoot the photo again. I was gonna post a pic of the family car towing some motorbikes in a trailor! tounge_o.gif )
Quote[/b] ]When a biker drives himself to death by speeding he gets no sympathy from me.
When anyone is foolish enough to risk their life and the lives of others through excessive speed dies as a result, they don't get any sympathy from me either. But the people who suffer from the loss of their loved ones, still do. smile_o.gif