Sign in to follow this  
gandalf the white

to understand the dutch....

All that text and not a single mention of "Dutch Ovens".

Also you failed to mention that when the Dutch go on holiday they bring everything....EVERYTHING....their own sugar, milk, etc...etc....because nothing ever is as good as it is in Holland and besides, it's more economical.

ovens? I fail to see the point here rock.gif

But you're right on the other part; We do take everything with us (although milk is something we will buy, because we can't take an entire fridge with us). We also don't take bread with us. It's more economical and we like our own stuff tounge_o.gif

I must admit I was wondering about all the comments about the french tourists - I thought those prejudices existed only for german tourists... biggrin_o.gif

yeah, infact they are so common that Belgium (our south neighbour) secretly has a plan to invade our county using caravans for covert inviltration of soldiers.

You can be damn sure about that, i'm coming to get you, bastards!

biggrin_o.gif

-=- personal contribution -=- tounge_o.gif

The best way to meet hollanders in summer ? ON FRENCH SOUTH BEACH !!!!

From 1st of july yo 31th of august, you can meet a lot of hollanders of french speedways heading directly to South french beaches (not bitches).

"The" hollander tourist can drive 1500km in 14 hours, with only 1 stop to refuel (no idea how they pee, so my scientific conclusion is that they can hold it for 7 hours).

How to recognise an hollander tourist in south france ? On any beach (invaded) in south, you can't make a mistake, 75% are hollanders.

The 1st of july they got a nice white skinned body, flip-flops and shorts.

The rest of the summer they are red like boiled lobsters with white strips on feet showing that they were wearing flip-flops a few days before. If they are naked u think they got a white short.

Mosquitos.

Mosquitos only byte hollander (and british) tourists. Who do not expect such attacks. So in general on the way back home, they are red skinned with enourmous red spots everywhere.

But but but, they are so friendly that we can't help forgive them anything ! tounge_o.gif

LOL Am I realy almost the only one who knows what a "Dutch oven" is? tounge_o.gif

What I alway found strange about Holland is that you cannot buy alcohol in the mototrway gas stations. I've been there twice, but they didn't even have beer! I had to wait untill I was in Belgium!

What I alway found strange about Holland is that you cannot buy alcohol in the mototrway gas stations. I've been there twice, but they didn't even have beer! I had to wait untill I was in Belgium!

They banned it a couple of years ago. It's a pain in the ass cause it was a great way to get some beer after the shops close.

But it makes some sense I guess, since allmost all visitors of the shops are people who are about to enter the road again for a while, and it's illegal to be drunk, to drink while driving or to have open bottles in the car (atleast I think it is).

But it makes some sense I guess, since allmost all visitors of the shops are people who are about to enter the road again for a while, and it's illegal to be drunk, to drink while driving or to have open bottles in the car (atleast I think it is).

Opened ones are. Otherwise how would you take groceries home if you bought beer ? wink_o.gif

no usually it is the other way around. People on parties (already being drunk) find out during the night that they need more booze. So they decide to get into the car and get more at the local gas station. biggrin_o.gif

LOL Am I realy almost the only one who knows what a "Dutch oven" is? tounge_o.gif

You don't really mean that you wanted to buy Dutch "beer" while you knew you'd be going to Belgium after that?

Are you insane? smile_o.gif

What about the dutch bike?

Heavy like a tank and if yours is broken your are allowed to simply take the next one in reach!  biggrin_o.gif

Or if your bike is not broken...

Someone else is riding your bike. wink_o.gif

At least the Dutch gas stations had a nice assortement of titty magazines. tounge_o.gif I love the Dutch Playboy! Only pictures and no useless articles! biggrin_o.gif

You don't really mean that you wanted to buy Dutch "beer" while you knew you'd be going to Belgium after that?  

Grolsch and Heineken are quite OK. smile_o.gif

But it wasn't beer I wanted to buy. A dutch friend of mine had some kind of green French banana liquor ( tounge_o.gif ) which isn't available in Germany. So we wanted to buy some of this stuff in Holland before we proceeded to England.

I assure you that I bought Stella Artois in Belgium.  wink_o.gif

And I bought more of it in England. After all it was some of the cheapest beers there. Even cheaper than in Belgium. But the size of the bottles was a little disturbing, 0,25 l. rock.gif

At least the Dutch gas stations had a nice assortement of titty magazines. tounge_o.gif I love the Dutch Playboy! Only pictures and no useless articles! biggrin_o.gif

Grolsch and Heineken are quite OK. smile_o.gif

But it wasn't beer I wanted to buy. A dutch friend of mine had some kind of green French banana liquor ( tounge_o.gif ) which isn't available in Germany. So we wanted to buy some of this stuff in Holland before we proceeded to England.

I assure you that I bought Stella Artois in Belgium.  wink_o.gif

And I bought more of it in England. After all it was some of the cheapest beers there. Even cheaper than in Belgium. But the size of the bottles was a little disturbing, 0,25 l. rock.gif

25 cl?  That's very disturbing! smile_o.gif

Green french banana liquor?  Pisang ambon? smile_o.gif

pisang_ambon_gr.jpg

If i remember well, it smells like banana tounge_o.gif

"Pisang" is the Indonesian word for banana.

"Ambon" is a region of Indonesia.

Just in case you were interested.

Back to Dutch ovens everyone.

So what do the dutch call "dutch ovens"? Belgian Waffles?

I'm always interested when ppl start talking about alcohol biggrin_o.gif

Good to know that smile_o.gif

And i think there is a slight difference between the smell of a dutch oven and a belgian waffle smile_o.gif

Or at least there should be a difference, maybe if you eat a lot of waffles... smile_o.gif

I had never heard of dutch ovens before, i've never heard a dutch guy say something that could be translated as a dutch oven...  No idea what it is in Dutch...

ahh dutch ovens. I did that with my Girlfriend. Then later that week she dumped me. sad_o.gif Never had a GF since. Word got around that I was a stinky bastard tounge_o.gif

Batdogs post made everything extremely confusing (as usual)  tounge_o.gif  What is a Dutch oven, and how does it differ from ordinary, classic ovens?

Batdogs post made everything extremely confusing (as usual)  tounge_o.gif  What is a Dutch oven, and how does it differ from ordinary, classic ovens?

Click the link

Quote[/b] ]
Everything you have ever wanted to know about Dutch ovens.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dutch+oven&r=f

haha, so that's what you mean biggrin_o.gif. But, as a proud inhabitant of the Netherlands for a little over 22 years, I never heared of a 'dutch oven' before you mentioned it.

Edit: Too late... oh well

Hehehe i hadn't even read the examples of that website yet smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]"girl: what did you get me for valentines day

guy: hold on...wait a minute...i got something....DUTCH OVEN!!!"

"Dave vomited on the sheets when his wife gave him a white castle dutch oven. "

hehhehe

Green french banana liquor?  Pisang ambon? smile_o.gif

[im]http://www.spirituosenworld.de/produkte/likoer/details/pisang_ambon_gr.jpg[/img]

If i remember well, it smells like banana tounge_o.gif

Yeah! That's the stuff I was talking about! They should sell it in Germany too! smile_o.gif

I bet the Dutch don't have a special word for "Dutch oven" over there. It's something invented by others to make fun of the Dutch. The first time I heard of it was in an American movie. wink_o.gif