Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Athens Olympics 2004

Sad, very sad when people just cant compete. Its just a sport! i find countries and people that act like that pathetic really!  mad_o.gif

lol, Ugandas flag carrier is a taxi driver. At leaset he wont get lost. smile_o.gif

lol, Ugandas flag carrier is a taxi driver. At leaset he wont get lost.  smile_o.gif

Even Greek cab drivers get lost in Athens tounge_o.gif

4 years of anguish and mad scramble at building everything, 4 years of misery for Athens due to the works, 6 billion euros spent, but after watching this, I must say it was worth it smile_o.gif

European Champion Angelos Mpasinas is one of the Olympic flag carriers smile_o.gif

It's getting long .... fell asleep in the middle of the athletes parade heh.

Just a question Ex-Ronin, is Nikos Aliagas that big of a celebrity in Greece ?

Who? wink_o.gif

I only follow football mate, I have no idea. Probably is, really have no clue tounge_o.gif

Who? wink_o.gif

I only follow football mate, I have no idea. Probably is, really have no clue tounge_o.gif

I think he presented the news on Greek TV.

He also was the presentator/animator/whatever who came in the stadium dressed as a worker

That was absolutely fucking amazing! wow_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Athens 1 - Critics 0

wink_o.gif

Well, I'm off for the night. Thanks very much to everyone who joined me in watching one of the most touching moments in Greek history and I hope your countries will all get their fair share of Gold Medals smile_o.gif

So what do you think about the Konstadinos Kenteris and Ekaterini Thanou issue? They missed a doping test and later they both were in a motorcycle accident. Now they can't be tested or questioned until they are released from the hospital. It's not the first time they have missed a test.

These two are propably the two biggest stars in Greece and Kenteris was propably the one who was supposed to lit the olympic flame.

Strange nobody posted any pics of some of the 15.000 street dogs that were poisoned because of the great event, i saw on the TV news this morning, shocking, brutal and inhuman. I know because ive seen a animal die of poisoning when i was a kid, its not fast nor pretty mad_o.gif .

Was a very good opening ceremony....and that's from someone who usually cringes the whole way through this sort of thing. There's a couple of things they did I'd love to know how they did.....especially the Double Helix. Only disappointing thing I thought were the endless athlete's parade (they have to re-think how to do this) and Bjork (who I love, but this was a bit off...).