Sign in to follow this  
agentkiller12

Bad news

well.......i think the clonewars mod is coming to an end...

i havent heard from our addonmaker in weeks and nothings getting done! we may stick around but...theres a 60% chance we will crash

thanks for your support.....if anyone has addonmaker skills

contact me at Ranger118@hotmail.com

if we had more addonmakers we could get somewhere...

thanks....

May the force be with you  wink_o.gif

Why do you have to say there's a 60% chance? Have you guys really made anything? Haven't I seen this thread 4 times before?

What's done is done.

Learn to make addons yourself, then your not dependant on anyone else.....plus its good motivation for the rest of the team if the leader isnt just bossing around but is mucking in as well......

Couldn't you have used this thread? If it's dead it's dead, I don't know how this thread could garner more attention than the last one...

Why do you have to say there's a 60% chance? Have you guys really made anything? Haven't I seen this thread 4 times before?

What's done is done.

good point lol

[...]May the force be with you  wink_o.gif

StarWars Episode II(?) Yeah, I belive it was two, Attack Of the Clones.....

Was this the mod that made those stormtroopers with really funny legs? tounge_o.gif

Hey guys! I heard from Cympatheey and he said he is working on a Clone Blaster Rifle  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

just one addon outta alot tho  sad_o.gif , but hey, atleast we wont die lol

I have looked on your site, and found this

Quote[/b] ]Rosco

Clone Warz Mod Beta Tester

Nickname: Rosco

Position: Beta Tester

Kevin

Clone Warz Mod Beta Tester

Nickname: Kevin

Position: Beta Tester

Why do you have Beta Testers in your crew if you dont have any addons to test???

Hey guys! I heard from Cympatheey and he said he is working on a Clone Blaster Rifle  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

just one addon outta alot tho  sad_o.gif  , but hey, atleast we wont die lol

HAHA! Ya right dude, Cympatheey hasn't been online in like such a long time man!

Oh man, and this thread....whoa...this reminds me of my begining days in my mod...when people told me not to depend on teh addon makers....and now look, i'm building most of the shit!

So agent, you need help with addons or something, i can help you to make them "YOURSELF" but thats it biggrin_o.gif

~Bmg

No offense, but how much attention are you seeking? Also, if your 11 years old, don't post your age, you'll just get flamed for it.

Use the other threads. Making a new one only attracts negative attention.

........argh..........fucking...grr....i know many mod leaders who cant do shit and they have great mods......you dont HAVE to have any skills

My advice to you: Learn to model, texture, islands something that will help your mod along. Don't give up my mod hasn't died, we don't really have much to show but its still going and we are making small progress with the small amount of people we have.

Stuff doesn't go as fast as you think it will just take your time slow down dont expect stuff to happen fast, have some confidence and stick with it.

........argh..........fucking...grr....i know many mod leaders who cant do shit and they have great mods......you dont HAVE to have any skills

name one....... u need to know a little about addon makeing to be a mod leader because what happens if ur mod member doesnt know how do somthing? crazy_o.gif

just one addon outta alot tho  sad_o.gif  , but hey, atleast we wont die lol

HAHA! Ya right dude, Cympatheey hasn't been online in like such a long time man!

Oh man, and this thread....whoa...this reminds me of my begining days in my mod...when people told me not to depend on teh addon makers....and now look, i'm building most of the shit!

So agent, you need help with addons or something, i can help you to make them "YOURSELF" but thats it  biggrin_o.gif

~Bmg

*cough* *cough* hes on MSN wink_o.gif

mmm k. wrong answer, lets have a look:

1. BAS - Tigershark. Cant do anything? nonsense. he can texture.

2. FDF - MikkoFin and Kegetys. Talentless? I think not.

3. CSLA - Maa. Cant do shit? U ought to get shot if u say that.

4. Invasion 44 - (was) Sussmorri now jojimbo (if im not mistaken). The first was a very talented mission maker the second has talent in practically everyfield.

5. DigitalGrenade - They wern't called Suchey and Earl for nothin.

6. Combat! - all members have some form of talent.

and any other GOOD mod has a leader that knows how things work otherwise u look like ur running a slave factory. So put some effort into it and lear something. But hey it dont have to be modeling or texturing, try scripting and coding, or sound design, whatever its still equally usefull but much easier to master.

actually... there is a mod co-leader who doesn't know how to build stuff, but he's an excellent mod leader (well, co-leader) - he's an advisor as well, so thats kinda doing something, but Mav from P:UKF doesnt model, texture, code - but he is an invaluable source of info...

so, kinda, there is one great (well, i may as well say it - lol) mod that has a leader who doesnt do the addons directly... although Jonno the other co-leader is an artist with textures and models

i'm just rambling now, so i'll go hide in O2 for a while crazy_o.gif

The chances of a mod getting off the ground that's run by 11 - 16 year olds is kinda slim.

If you can't do anything...I think that would make it even slimmer.  rock.gif

EDIT: Wasn't there that sci fi mod team doing star wars as well?

Most mods rely on having valuable input from all of it's members. The odd post on a forum saying "come on, do good work" does not constitute good leadership. If someone is not pulling their weight... well, most of those mods are gone now.

I still say stick with it and just make sure everyone is pulling their weight if they don't kick them out. Just learn how to do something and become a valuable member yourself. So what if your 16 or younger doesn't mean it won't succeed, most havent but that should give you something to work for. Be the first one to be lead by someone under 16.

I'm talking about a lack of leadership skills or just skills in general that most people 16 and under dont have.

You need someone a bit older with "experience" to actually run the mod so that you can learn from them.

Ok guys I think we slammed this kid enough  rock.gif  Remember he is just 11.

Now agentkiller12. As harsh as these guys sound, most of them are right. If you lead a Mod team you don't HAVE to know how to create addons yourself, it helps though. The one thing you DO need is organizational skills. You need to be a leader, not just say you are one. Sometimes it is harder then it looks. I'm project leader for the USMC Mod...do I know how to create addons or texture? No, I know very little, but I am a very decent mission designer and I am a US Marine with a very huge wealth of military knowledge that most don't. I mostly do research and get pictures for textures and such. You just need to find the nitch that fits you best and helps your Mod team. The biggest thing to remember is NEVER push your leadership roll in the faces of your mod team...key word: TEAM.

When you do start to get people joining your mod team, make sure they are the right class of people YOU want in your mod team. You don't want someone who says they will do something, but never does. I'm sure every Mod leader knows what I'm talking about. Keep the bad apples out, no matter how much they know. It's better to have someone who is decent, but hard working and willing to listen then to have someone who knows it all and doesn't listen to constructive advice. If it wasn't for NZXShadows the USMC Mod team would have dissapeared during my first deployment. He is the backbone of the USMC Mod team and as far as I'm concern he is as much the project leader as I am. NZXShadows is very reliable and capable to run the team while I'm gone and when I'm at home. We do this as a TEAM. You need to make sure you can count on your team members like that. Always work together and your Mod team will grow and addons will start flowing. This isn't an overnight thing, it takes a while to create a good quality addon.

A mod team is like any business or military unit. Team wrok and good communication is the key element to success. I wish you the best of luck and hope everything works out for you.

actually... there is a mod co-leader who doesn't know how to build stuff, but he's an excellent mod leader (well, co-leader) - he's an advisor as well, so thats kinda doing something, but Mav from P:UKF doesnt model, texture, code - but he is an invaluable source of info...

So is that why your stuff takes longer to come out.because your a man down.. tounge_o.gif ..just kidding dude..