Sign in to follow this  
Winters

Thats one small step for man.....

Today marks the 35th anniversary of the first moon landing. Astronauts Neil Armstrong (theres that Armstrong name again) and Buzz Aldrin leave Astronaut Michael Collins behind in the capsule Columbia and land Eagle on the moons surface becoming the first men to walk on the moon.

More Here:

Full Story

And Here:

NASA Flash Presentation

Oh like that really happened.... tounge_o.gif

ghostface.gif

Nice. smile_o.gif But IMO it's not really fair that it has to be celebrated that much. Russians hold many more 'records', like first sattelite in space, first animal in space, first man in space, first successful probe landing on other planet and receiving data, first (unmanned) moon landing...

Nevertheless the moon landing was still a great achievement, I agree, it's just that many people unfortunately don't realize the entire picture. rock.gif

Woooooo,

Celebration! hehehe. Just think what it will be like again in another 35 years....

ghostface.gif

Nice. smile_o.gif But IMO it's not really fair that it has to be celebrated that much. Russians hold many more 'records', like first sattelite in space, first animal in space, first man in space, first successful probe landing on other planet and receiving data, first (unmanned) moon landing...

Nevertheless the moon landing was still a great achievement, I agree, it's just that many people unfortunately don't realize the entire picture. rock.gif

Well, just make some posts when those anniversaries happen and we will celebrate them as well wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Oh like that really happened....

Judged by the technology at the time, no biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

today is the 60th anniversary of the attempted murder of hitler by "Oberst Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg" biggrin_o.gif

Ha Ha Ha, here come the conspiracy theorists crazy_o.gif

today is the 60th anniversary of the attempted murder of hitler by "Oberst Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg" biggrin_o.gif

I'm preparing a topic...

Heh, thats a good one, freaking hilarious

ghostface.gif

i have seen a documentary that pretty much solidified in my mind that there was NO WAY they could have gone to the moon, i think Bush is planning to go to the moon "again" so now we call all see that a real spaceship able to get thru the horrible radioactive shit (thats why the Russians never went) out there would be alot different than the one they supposedly landed with 30 years ago.

ghostface.gif

i have seen a documentary that pretty much solidified in my mind that there was NO WAY they could have gone to the moon, i think Bush is planning to go to the moon "again" so now we call all see that a real spaceship able to get thru the horrible radioactive shit (thats why the Russians never went) out there would be alot different than the one they supposedly landed with 30 years ago.

and i saw one that proves we DID go to the moon.

ghostface.gif

and I saw one that proves the moon is really made out of cheese!

ghostface.gif

and I saw one that proves the moon is really made out of cheese!

and i saw one that showed an alien autopsy

Again with the tards who think the moon landing was faked. crazy_o.gif

The best evidence are the moon rocks. Unless NASA had planned it for about a million years or so before, they couldn't have faked it. There are plenty of moon rocks and it's not difficult for a geologist to get to borrow a sample. The key thing is that there's no water bound in the rocks as is the case for every rock on earth. And that's something you can't fake. To make a rock like that takes millions of years and it can't be faked with our current technology, much less 35 years ago.

Anyway the Moon landing: very cool. Too bad it didn't continue. The current plans for NASA are quite pathetic IMO - back to the Moon by 2015? Woohoo. More than ten years to achieve what was done 35 years ago. Not very impressive.

I hope that the private sector gets some interest in the whole thing, and I'm hoping for more international cooperation. A joint program with for instance NASA, ESA and the Russian Space Agency would make things much cheaper than each one having an identical program.

Another evidence that they did land is, that most of the so called "evidence that it must be faked" is BS ;)

Like there is those pictures with things in the shadow that reflect light. The fake theorists say that can't be because the sun is the only light source on the moon. They only forgot that the surface on the moon is full of debris of little asteroids that often consists of different metals. the moon surface actually does reflect light very good. (as you can see every night)

Other light sources can be reflective material on the equipment of the austronauts, their helmet visor, the earth that reflect light...

And there is lots of other so called evidece, which can be explained with basic physics. This "evidence" sounds plausible to many people because they forget that there are different rules on the moon than on earth. Thing like temperature, shockwaves from the engines and other stuff behaves very different in an enviroment like on the moon. And there are silly claims that are not even true on earth. Like that there are shadown not parallel to each other. Well, they should watch mother earth where we have the same problem. Shadows aren't always parallel. Actually they are only parallel in very special circumstances.

bleistifte1.jpg

well and so on. There are many webpages that explain those things.

to whose who say the complete moon landing was a fake:

Give me at least one proof.

Thats the beauty of being a conspiracy theorist, you don't need any real evidence just a voice to speak with.

@ Denoir

I am in full agreement with you that NASA has pathetic goals for the near future, maybe with private sector involvement a jump start to the program can be acheived. It is a shame that the program was abandoned one of the contributing factors was that people were not really interested in watching it on TV anymore and the ratings for the telecasts simply plummeted, one hard fact is that ratings = $$$$.

On a side note i found this out today:

Worlds First Space Dad

Kinda Cool i think.

Hmm

After reading all those theories I have to check if i'm not fake living on fake Earth... tounge_o.gif

I was too young to remember TV broadcast correctly, i remember only something black&white shaking on the screen wink_o.gif even don't know it was landing or Armstrong stepping on surface smile_o.gif

About NASA. Don't forget landing on the Moon was first national goal for few years, later they cut expences, so today they need to rebuild evething. And with today's costs I think only cooperation with private sector can bring ppl there again.

It will be funny when Japan observes the surface of  the moon with their new lunar surveyor and doesn't find any evidence that the US ever was there

Maybe this is why we have a new interest in going to the moon.. so we can plant some evidence that we were there in the first place  tounge_o.gif

of course we all know how flags can wave in a vacuum right?  tounge_o.gif

moonlanding.jpg