Sign in to follow this  
fighter

Serious bug in original OFP

I can confirm that. If you place AI car on the water in the editor you can see this abnormal floating ability. smile_o.gif

Well, I've got a fix: how about that you don't place any cars on the water?

tounge_o.gif

Ahem, good one biggrin_o.gif

Maybe a complication between the landcontact memory points and however the variable water (with tides) is handled?

Possible option would be that if there is a seperate physics model for boats and landvehicles, that placing a object where it would automagically get handled as a boat model, regardless of whether it has such inheritance defined.

Well, I've got a fix: how about that you don't place any cars on the water?

tounge_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

huh1.jpg

still wonder when this feature got introduced  rock.gif

Not a big problem to ask BIS for a fix wink_o.gif

Which genius palce a car in water rock.gif

So if you ask me it is not a serious bug when you place a car on land and drive in water you get drown so not a big problem.

Think if BIS release a new patch new problems will come with other things so I say BIS leave it as it is wink_o.gif

So if you are in the car or if the car moves it still sinks right?

Correct, when it moves, player get's in or when you shoot at it (and actually hit it) it still sinks. Old bug.

Define "Original OFP", because OFP doesn't include that island or the bridge object -- both were introduced with Resistance (V1.75).

Define "Original OFP", because OFP doesn't include that island or the bridge object -- both were introduced with Resistance (V1.75).

I was thinking the very same thing...

/me is confused.

Correct, when it moves, player get's in or when you shoot at it (and actually hit it) it still sinks. Old bug.

That tracks. I bet that it is a mis-assumed physics model shortcut, ie it is on the water therefore it 'must' be a boat, so auto-load the boat model.

But when it tries to go into a motion loop, it's missing needed or expected information, so to davy jones they goes.

Quote[/b] ]Define "Original OFP", because OFP doesn't include that island or the bridge object -- both were introduced with Resistance (V1.75).

Operation Flashpoint v.1.96 without unofficial addons and improvements.

Quote[/b] ]Correct, when it moves, player get's in or when you shoot at it (and actually hit it) it still sinks. Old bug.

Oki >>> OLD BUG, maybe non-serious bug, but BUG , sorry.

Quote[/b] ]Not a big problem to ask BIS for a fix

I hope, that guys from BIS sometimes look on their FORUMS.

fighter

smile_o.gif

Sometimes wink_o.gif

Thanks for taking the time to provide photographic evidence of this automobile catastrophe smile_o.gif